Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,130
· Newest Rebel: Carlm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 154
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Australia - Is this really what you think of us?
Tyce
Found this, thought I'd share. Very funny - although I'm hoping these things aren't really that foreign to you guys.....

Before you start though I'd just like to apologise for Tony Abbott's photo - eerr second thoughts I'm gonna apologise for Tony Abbott full stop. LOL

http://www.buzzfe....sgpaxdoNr
Jenna's name in the web address - very appropriate.

Edited: to make link clickable
Edited by Travisina on 13 June 2015 12:22:41

Travisina
Tyce, that's brilliant. Loved the pictures, and the comments above and below the line (I'm just wiping away tears of laughter).

I've never been to Oz, though my mother went to Melbourne and said that it reminded her of Brighton.
As for Tony Abbott's pic - good grief! I can't imagine David Cameron in tight trunks, nor do I want to.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Joe Dredd
Make sure you tell your husband about the snake picture! : D

Ellen York
Australia is on my "to visit someday" list, but I'll pass on the snakes in light fixtures and speedo-wearing politicians Sad

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Make sure you tell your husband about the snake picture! : D

He's fine with snakes, actually - it's the giant spiders with red eyes and laser-guided fangs that are keeping him firmly away from your shores. Not to mention the small, poisonous spiders that lurk in the loo and bite your bum. In fact, ALL spiders.

Although worryingly, the mega-deadly Brazilian Wandering Spider Not for arachnophobes, you have been warned! has been hitching lifts to the UK in bunches of bananas, so nowhere is safe...

Joe Dredd
I had to go for a brain MRI yesterday (scan negative - they didn't find one). There's a public hospital and private hospital right next to each other, facing a large park.

It's a hugely busy area, and all the parking lots were full. After cruising around for an age I ended up parking on the far side of the park. As I returned to the car, I saw this sign in the middle of the park. Bring your kids!

i.imgur.com/OC7T1MK.jpg

i.imgur.com/gc4dh4S.jpg

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

He's fine with snakes, actually - it's the giant spiders with red eyes and laser-guided fangs that are keeping him firmly away from your shores...

I can relate. I have no issue with snakes. Not fond of spiders, especially the ones that are big enough to make eye contact.
I mean, I never know which pair of eyes to stare back into.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Obsidian
Hysterical!! As an Orrstraylyan I love what was chosen and was doing fine until I saw TA, which made me want to barf. Interestingly, I knew the guy who designed budgy smugglers and it all made a lot of sense. The python coming out of the Tastic was brilliant. Been there, done that a few times.

Loved this comment most of all:
Paul (UK): AHHH I WANNA RUFFLE IT AND FEED IT HOBNOBS.

Still laughing!
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

I had to go for a brain MRI yesterday (scan negative - they didn't find one). There's a public hospital and private hospital right next to each other, facing a large park.

It's a hugely busy area, and all the parking lots were full. After cruising around for an age I ended up parking on the far side of the park. As I returned to the car, I saw this sign in the middle of the park. Bring your kids!

i.imgur.com/gc4dh4S.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Here's another. It had taken up residence at an air conditioning firm:
www.abc.net.au/news/image/5786916-3x2-700x467.jpg

What the snake catcher had to say:

"Mate, this thing was huge... These are the jobs you think: 'I should have brought an extra pair of undies today'."
Edited by Obsidian on 06 August 2019 15:10:58
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
dragonq
My husband saw a two metre python in our garden last night. (Id post a photo but have never worked out how to do it.)

Tyce
dragonq wrote:

My husband saw a two metre python in our garden last night. (Id post a photo but have never worked out how to do it.)

Heavens! I had a large brown snake in my back yard a couple of years - even my gardener who's pretty touch and macho - ran.

rojkerr1
Terrific! I quite like snakes, but those huge spiders are scary. This country bad enough, I stepped on an adder once doing the pennine way -the number of people killed in the last two hundred years is barely in double figures, and I pitch to be the added to the tally...just my luck!

Lurena
Loved your post Tyce!
And there was something about a Dutch habit.
Yes, it is true, here they eat "hagelslag" on a slice of bread.
There's a choice in aniseed, fruit, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

i.imgur.com/TKoXLNH.png

I'm not fond of bread and don't like sweets, but I do like dark chocolate, so sometimes I eat a "boterham met pure hagelslag".

I have never been to Australia, but I have been to Lombok, which locates behind (seen from Java) the Wallace Line, which means that I have seen Australian flora and fauna.

I have no fear for spiders, but I do not like snakes. They scared me off so often with their silent approach. Once I had one around my ankle...
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina
Lurena wrote:

Loved your post Tyce!

i.imgur.com/TKoXLNH.png

I'm not fond of bread and don't like sweets, but I do like dark chocolate, so sometimes I eat a "boterham met pure hagelslag".

Are those toast sprinkles different from other sprinkles? I have a pot of all-purpose sprinkles that I'll shake on dessert (eg fruit, custard, ice cream) - but are those Dutch ones specifically designed for toast?

Lurena
Travisina wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Loved your post Tyce!

i.imgur.com/TKoXLNH.png

Are those toast sprinkles different from other sprinkles? I have a pot of all-purpose sprinkles that I'll shake on dessert (eg fruit, custard, ice cream) - but are those Dutch ones specifically designed for toast?

Travisina, those sprinkles are designed for soft bread in particular.
Most Dutch people do not like them on toasted bread. However, there are sugar coated aniseed sprinkles which are often served on "beschuit"(Dutch type of rusk) to celebrate the birth of a son (you get blue sprinkles then) or a daughter (pink sprinkles).
All these sprinkles are very different to the ones you have; they differ in ingredients as well as in size. The Dutch ones are larger.
If you like sweets, you should give them a try!
(I shall put it in my notes and will bring them to our next meet in the UK)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina
Lurena wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Loved your post Tyce!

i.imgur.com/TKoXLNH.png

Travisina, those sprinkles are designed for soft bread in particular.
Most Dutch people do not like them on toasted bread. However, there are sugar coated aniseed sprinkles which are often served on "beschuit"(Dutch type of rusk) to celebrate the birth of a son (you get blue sprinkles then) or a daughter (pink sprinkles).
All these sprinkles are very different to the ones you have; they differ in ingredients as well as in size. The Dutch ones are larger.
If you like sweets, you should give them a try!
(I shall put it in my notes and will bring them to our next meet in the UK)

I'd love to try them!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
21,474,526 unique visits since 8th January 2014