Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,130
· Newest Rebel: Carlm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 154
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Spotted........
rojkerr1
I REALLY didn't notice that accent, to quote Sean Connery, no I'm just looking...

rojkerr1
Mr Greif, PSB network, Von Braun biopic, think playing a Russian

One Spare Part
Spookily, having just seen him in the Dawn of the Gods rewatch, Terry Scully turns up in the episode of Whatever Happened to the Likey Lads that we put on straight after. Wye aye man!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Joe Dredd
"I'd offer you a beer but I've only got six."

One Spare Part
When he was fishing!

Mrs_Underhill
By the way, I was inspired to watch "Survivors" after the discussion on bleakness of Terry Nation's works in one of the rewatch threads (I think?).
Season 1 was quite good, but S2 went downhill for me after TN left, I didn't finish it.

But I saw Dawn of Gods actor (the heroic one) as a guy with broken leg who ended up in a wheelchair in the later S1. That part was recast with at least 3 actors, am I right? And here we were complaining about Travis 1 and 2. Smile

rojkerr1
Mrs Underhill -some of the season 3 episodes are the best in the series! Don't miss Last Laugh and Mad Dog, Little Learning.
Actor who played Provine seen in Midsommer murders

Mrs_Underhill
rojkerr1 wrote:

Mrs Underhill -some of the season 3 episodes are the best in the series! Don't miss Last Laugh and Mad Dog, Little Learning.
Actor who played Provine seen in Midsommer murders

Thank you for the tip! When their leading actor started writing episodes about himself in S2, it became unwatchable to me, and I was sad to drop it. S1 was very compelling - I loved The Stand by Stephen King, and later The Walking Dead (until it went on too long and became unwatchable to me too). But now I see that both might have been inspired by Survivors.

TN had great ideas. He might not write the best dialogues and cut corners with characters, but his ideas would carry though. Survivors S1 is what B7 might have been without Boucher's brilliant dialogues and without brilliance and charisma of the leading actors, but it still was very gripping. The most striking story for me was the inverse of "Mice and Men" with that rat-like proto-Vila character. Wow, that was a gut punch!

So if you vouch for S3 I'll be happy to resume it again.

Also, the Captain Leylan actor was in Survivors too.

rojkerr1
S3 uneven, but Mad Dog is a superb piece of tv, and the Ian Mcculloch swansong Last Laugh gives bleak a new tilt...he wrote it too. Law of the Jungle great too, Brian Blessed. Don't watch Power! They lost a story too, Scorched Earth?

Mrs_Underhill
rojkerr1 wrote:

S3 uneven, but Mad Dog is a superb piece of tv, and the Ian Mcculloch swansong Last Laugh gives bleak a new tilt...he wrote it too. Law of the Jungle great too, Brian Blessed. Don't watch Power! They lost a story too, Scorched Earth?

Ack, I watched S3 on Youtube thinking it was S2! It was labelled as S2 and I skipped the entire S2 after Lights of London (which I thought were very good). So my troubles were with S3. Watching S2 properly now and loving it. Also watched Mad Dog and it was very good.

rojkerr1
Wait till you get to Last Laugh.... No Self Pity...

rojkerr1
Roy Boyd in the Sweeney, Big brother, and the gorgeous girl from Timeslip Year of the Burn up, another of my faves!

One Spare Part
Joe Dredd wrote:

"I'd offer you a beer but I've only got six."

And in the film of the series: Judy Buxton/Inga - Blake's father's brother's daughter playing the landlady's daughter. Is the landlady therefore Blake's father's brother's wife?...
...I need one of those beers... Grin
Actually she was a shopgirl but it seemed funnier to make her the landlady's daughter...
Edited by One Spare Part on 16 August 2019 20:44:13

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
21,474,730 unique visits since 8th January 2014