Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Travis
percusski
Unfortunately I never felt Brian had the acting quality of Stephan, even listening to the Big Finish cds there's something unconvincing about Brian's delivery. An unusual casting considering the quality of the majority of the cast..

rojkerr1
love him in the Mark of Kane...

winnie-l
I've not heard Brian Croucher in the BigFinish audios yet IIRC (behind on getting those).

As for Blake's 7, Brian Croucher did Black-Clad Swagger pretty well I thought!

President Solvite
rojkerr1 wrote:

love him in the Mark of Kane...

Yup and I love Mark of Kane Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Teale_Avon
Grief was definitely my favourite Travis, the Croucher version (no disrespect to him as an actor) was no comparison. He did not have the sinister voice and the costume, especially the eye patch (like a tiny bit of black electrical tape!) was a bit bargain basement compared to the first incarnation.

Travisina
Teale_Avon wrote:

Grief was definitely my favourite Travis, the Croucher version (no disrespect to him as an actor) was no comparison. He did not have the sinister voice and the costume, especially the eye patch (like a tiny bit of black electrical tape!) was a bit bargain basement compared to the first incarnation.

Hi Teale_Avon, welcome to the forum!

I agree with you about Stephen Greif's Travis, but over the years I've come to appreciate Croucher - he had a hard act to follow, and he's good in some of his later eps, especially 'Trial'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

One Spare Part
Teale_Avon wrote:

Completely agree with you. What a loss SG was to the series. Although Travisina is nearly right, BC was almost very good in Trial. I have just got one more thing to say...THE WORD! THE WORD!...oh dear...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Teale_Avon
Travisina wrote:

Teale_Avon wrote:

Hi Teale_Avon, welcome to the forum!

I agree with you about Stephen Greif's Travis, but over the years I've come to appreciate Croucher - he had a hard act to follow, and he's good in some of his later eps, especially 'Trial'.

Thanks for the welcome! The recent heartbreaking news about Paul got me thinking about the show again so I've been re-watching old episodes. I've yet to get to the later episodes, so I'll see if Travis 2 improves...

rojkerr1
I loved Grief, but I do prefer Croucher now, the rattlesnake instead of the juggernaut, like Brett as Sherlock Holmes, Croucher gave us both sides of Travis, the Federation man, and the fugitive thinking animal. His Final act was rivetting, Grief is a super actor, but I found Crouchers vulnerability more interesting. Season two is my fave.

One Spare Part
I think we would have seen all of this with SG. I think he has more nuances as an actor. I still wish he could have continued as Travis. BC has his moments but he's a bit up and down for me and the downs were not good.

Psychostrategist
I didn't like when they replaced Travis on my first exposure to the show because it was jarring and I'd already become accustomed to the idea that Travis was someone else. In time though Travis II grew on me, by leaps and bounds in <s>Gambit</s> whatever episode that Sin City gambling place was, though that was near the end of his character's story. Trial was great too as I think has been mentioned.

But they're both great as two different characters. To try to reconcile them as the same character doesn't really fit. Travis I wasn't undisciplined. Travis II spoke of discipline but showed little. Travis I was a character at peace with himself, just wanting revenge. Travis II was a character still reeling from the injury Blake had given him before.

Who can forget this line?

"I'm missing something. There's something I'm missing."

[Yeah, your eye, dude?]

Bunn1cula
rojkerr1 wrote:

I loved Grief, but I do prefer Croucher now, the rattlesnake instead of the juggernaut, like Brett as Sherlock Holmes, Croucher gave us both sides of Travis, the Federation man, and the fugitive thinking animal. His Final act was rivetting, Grief is a super actor, but I found Crouchers vulnerability more interesting. Season two is my fave.

I really like what you say here about the vulnerable quality of Travis II...yes, I do think this is why I like him. Greif's Travis is fabulous--menacing and dark and deadly, and totally believable as Servalan's top henchman. I liked him very much as a villain through Season A and initially felt quite betrayed at the reveal of Croucher's completely different version. But as Season B went on, Croucher grew on me. I came to love Travis II for the campy baddie he is, and I actually felt sympathy for him after Trial and during Gambit, when he seemed such a kicked puppy. The arc for his character obviously ended with Blake's departure, but I was sorry to see him go.

I also like both actors equally in the audios. It's so much fun listening to them both taking up the mantle again.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/bunn1cula
rojkerr1
And Mark of Kane...'there's someone I want you to remember for me...'
Do love Croucher -'I'm a hero too...' 'My one regret is that they'll never know who really killed them..' Back in uniform for the last time...

One Spare Part
I still think that had Stephen Greif been able to stay on playing Travis, we would have seen the other side, the vulnerability, the slide into...wildness? Madness? (An oft used description with some of the characters in B7). I think the problem for Brian Croucher was coming in half way through Travis's "journey into darkness". And he WAS great in 'Trial', I'll give him that.

Mrs_Underhill
For me it works much better if I can explain Travis 1 and Travis 2 as two different persons.
For example, Travis 2 can be as Kylo Ren to Darth Vader of Travis 1. He admired Travis 1 so much that he even duplicate his massacres (that would explain two different massacres Grin ), his injures and his hatred of Blake. Just to be like his beloved idol. Daft explanation, I know, but still better than trying to see them as one person. Smile

MrEModels
Had great fun yesterday recording an episode of the Blakes 7 In Character podcast on Travis MKI, and we raised some of the points here. Out in two weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
Travisina
The latest B7 novel from Big Finish - 'Uprising', by Christopher Cooper - deals rather neatly with the transition from Travis I to II. A central theme of the book is Federation modification in its various forms - mutoids, Gan's limiter, Travis' implants etc. More info in our interview with Chris here.

Teale_Avon

I still think that had Stephen Greif been able to stay on playing Travis, we would have seen the other side, the vulnerability, the slide into...wildness? Madness?.

I agree, Stephen is the definitive Travis for me, he is believably dark and menacing. Whenever I see Brian Croucher in the role I just think "Eastenders" or something! He was just wrong for the role.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

The latest B7 novel from Big Finish - 'Uprising', by Christopher Cooper - deals rather neatly with the transition from Travis I to II. A central theme of the book is Federation modification in its various forms - mutoids, Gan's limiter, Travis' implants etc. More info in our interview with Chris here.

Oh, good. Just got that book and looking forward to reading it now.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Oh, good. Just got that book and looking forward to reading it now.

I really, really liked it - it's up there with Trevor Baxendale's as one of my fave B7 novels! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
23,241,723 unique visits since 8th January 2014