Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
August 2017 - Artwork Fanfic Challenge by Lurena
Travisina
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/travis_aug17.jpg

For our August artwork prompt, Lurena has sent us this picture titled "Travis and Federation Guards"

What happened?
Did Blake get away (again)?
Or are they just waiting for the Liberator to fall into a trap?
Or has Travis just left Servalan's office after a biting telling-off?

Post your stories here!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

mrsbookmark
Travis strolled by, deep in contemplation.

Fresa was glad that no one could see her face under this helmet. That no one could see the fear pass across her eyes as it melded into hate. Travis. The man was a butcher. The man deserved to die.

Her father and mother had been killed on Travis' orders. Loyal Federation citizens who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when Travis' troops had come and slaughtered everyone. They didn't discriminate. They didn't listen to her mother's pleas-she was certain her mother must have pleaded in the end.

Fresa was smart enough not to say anything. Her brother was in the Federation to…doing work about transport ships for prisoners. He told her not to protest. If they said a word-they'd be targeted and enslaved. So Fresa kept quiet. The Federation denied innocents had been killed. Fresa and her brother pretended not to know.

But she did. Every time she saw Travis she thought of it. The drugs…the treatments…everything the Federation did to train her fell apart watching this arrogant butcher walk calmly down the halls, brooding. The Liberator had been spotted. Travis was coming up with a new plot to capture Blake.

Fresa had half a mind to join up with Blake herself.

Travisina
That's great, Mrs Bookmark! I love stories that focus on the 'little people' of the B7 universe - the ordinary citizens who get caught up in the machinations of the Federation. Thank you for contributing, hope you write more.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

mrsbookmark
I'm glad you liked it Travisina! I love your artwork Lurena.

Lurena
Mrs Bookmark thank you for that great story! You made my secret wish come true: writing from the trooper's view.
Is not easy to have to live in the Federation's totalitarian community. You wrote about that very well.

And thank you for your kind words about my artwork.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Rainesz
Great story, @mrsbookmark! I also like to think that not all the troopers agree with the regime and are just biding their time, undercover and waiting for a chance to help Blake overthrow the Federation.
I also like that your trooper character was female. I don't remember if any female troopers were seen on the show, or am I wrong...? (Big Finish, yes.)
Edited by Rainesz on 07 August 2017 08:42:01

mrsbookmark
Thanks for the kind comments. I can't remember seeing any female troopers but since they had female mutoids, scientists, officers etc ... i just figured it wasn't a big deal.

Anniew
Lovely stuff Mrs B!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Travis walked past the troopers guarding the Supreme Commander's office. Something was wrong.

"Aren't you a little short for a trooper? ' Travis asked one of them.

"Crap." thought Luke as he quickly tried to light his light sabre.

Travis shot him with his Laseron handgun." Bleeding Cos-players"he thought.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

mrsbookmark
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Travis walked past the troopers guarding the Supreme Commander's office. Something was wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

That was great.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
mrsbookmark wrote:

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAH!

That was great.

Thank you.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Hugbot
Thoughts of a Trooper

Boy, he really takes his time! I think this is the longest inspection parade I ever had the misfortune to take part in. Hurry up, Travis! I don’t want to stand to attention the whole day. Not in this heat. This leather gear may be quite comfortable on cold days but not on this desert outpost.

Finally, he’s made his way towards me. I hope he doesn’t find anything to complain about. Did I wipe that mud stain off my left boot? I can’t remember. And now it’s too late to do anything about it. I can’t even look. I have to stand upright. The bolder, the better. They only pick on those who appear to be weak.

He is passing me now, his wary eyes glancing over my uniform. My perfect posture seems to impress him so much that he does not pay too much attention to detail. As I always say, mimicking the perfect soldier is already half the battle.

But what is that smell? It seems vaguely familiar. Frankincense? Is that even possible? It seems to come from him. What does he use, frankincense-flavoured after shave? The perfume designers must have gone completely ape! Who would use that stuff voluntarily? It is even allowed? Well, I guess these Alpha guys can get away with everything. As a simple rank and file citizen, you should not mess around with frankincense. When they found out that my family was actively serving in one of the banned religions, they put me into aversion therapy. I am now allergic against frankincense. I makes me sneeze.

No, no, no, I must not sneeze while he is standing in front of me! Why did I not activate the filter system beforehand? Now I have to suppress the urge. I have to persevere. To persevere. To persevere.

Thankfully, he has moved an. The smell has passed as well. Finally, I can relax.

‘Achoo!’

Oh, no! This should not have happened. Now I know why in basic training, they told us so adamantly, ‘Whatever you do, never ever sneeze with your helmets on!’

What a mess ... !

Anniew
“Take her away.”

The girl, a beauty with large expressive eyes, looked left and right but the masked faces of the troopers allowed no hope of a human concern for her plight. Instead she turned towards her Master, the Master she had displeased with the smallest, involuntary look of fear as he ran his arm over her skin.

“Sir, please Sir, “ she begged. “I will not offend again.”

“Take her away,” he repeated sternly.

The Troopers moved forward and grabbed the girl by her arms. She struggled for a moment and then her head fell forward, like a cut flower.

Something moved in his eyes as he watched her, a hint of pleasure at her despair, perhaps even a touch of regret. He signalled to the Troopers to stop and moved towards her. Deliberately he placed his hand under her chin and forced it upwards. It's metal casing was cold, the lazeron crystal pressing uncomfortably into her flesh and she was unable to repress a tiny hiss of pain. But she dared to meet his gaze, perhaps hoping even now for a reprieve, her glorious eyes looking beseechingly into his but he turned contemptuously away.

“When we next meet, you will have learned how to do your duty,” he said, signalling the Troopers to proceed.

As they marched her out, she summoned the courage for one last act of defiance.

“Keera,” she shouted. “I am Keera.”
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
Hugbot wrote:

‘Achoo!’

Oh, no! This should not have happened. Now I know why in basic training, they told us so adamantly, ‘Whatever you do, never ever sneeze with your helmets on!’

What a mess ... !

Are you speaking from experience? I occasionally had to wear a respirator at work and sneezing in it was really gross Sad

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,919,074 unique visits since 8th January 2014