Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Stranger Things
Dtar
Anyone out there seen this?

I just started the second series on Netflix, and am liking it more than I remember liking the first series. The first series was heavier on the Akira like stuff, while series two is going in a much different direction.

Highly recommended. Lots of 80s nostalgia too.

dragonq
I watched the first series at my daughter's insistence. She loved it, I thought it was OK at best, and I have been dreading the thought of being pressured to watch the new episodes. So if season 2 is an improvement, and less like an episode of Scooby Doo with live actors, I will be happy.

Rainesz
I LOVE Stranger Things and am halfway through the new season right now.

I'd have finished it except for annoying things like having to go to work and all that...

President Solvite
Stranger Things is an excellent and original series.

Love the John Carpenter-esque music track throughout and all the 80's references. Arcade Machines, Ghostbusters, The Terminator.. He-Man, Dungeons and Dragons etc.. etc.

And Carter Burke (Paul Reiser) yet another reference and of course Winona Ryder who was in that awful Alien Resurrection film (yeah I know that was in the 90's). The child actors make this.. Don't see or get the Scooby Doo reference, but if the 80's theme doesn't gel with you I can guess an amount of boredom can set in. For me though it rings all the bells and hits all the targets. So thumbs up from me (both seasons!)

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Rainesz
This show is pretty much my teen years... with the exception of the monsters. In other words, the boring version. Ordinary Things.

President Solvite
Indeed, ditto with that Rainesz that except I was in a British version of that quartet. Geeky tween/teen with a love of technology and role playing games, D&D in particular. The DM's Guide, Player Manual and Monster Manual were always in my weekend backpack.

The Stranger Things for me at that time were ..girls... I didn't really find out much about them until later in my youth at sixth form, where some of them actually WANTED to play role-playing games too.. Cool Smile

I have now finished Season 2 of Stranger Things and it is brilliant. My only niggle of it is a geeky one. Surely the security system for the doors would NOT be coded in BASIC? But something like Assembly, or COBOL or FORTRAN?

Other than minor niggle it is a top notch series. The child actors were very good in particular and are what makes the series shine for me. Along with the 80's tween/teen nostalgia which rings a particular tone with me

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Klenotka
I need to watch season 2 yet. I loved season 1.
Don´t be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.33 seconds
9,469,209 unique visits since 8th January 2014