Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
OUT NOW! Star One Compendium (Pencil Tip)
BobF
Now Available

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/cdnbob/Pencil%20Tip%20Publishing/Star%20One%20Compendium%20Front%20Panel_zps3fjyos7f.jpg

Star One was a short-lived Canadian fan magazine dedicated to the BBC-TV sci-fi series Blake’s 7. Four issue were published between 2011-12, with an unreleased fifth issue planned for early 2013. Compiled and edited by Bob Furnell, featuring artwork by Richard Farrell, this special omnibus edition brings together many of the articles from the original issues – updated and revised – brand new material specially written for this publication, plus material intended for the unpublished fifth issue.

The Star One Compendium features:

Interviews with Chris Boucher (Blake’s 7 script writer & editor); David Richardson (Big Finish); and authors Scott Harrison, Cavan Scott and Mark Wright
Original Fiction by fan authors Winnie Lacesso and Katherine Lopez
An all new original “Blake’s 7” short-story by J.E. Remy (Temporal Logbook) specially written for the compendium
Results to the Star One Series Survey – the first time these results have been made public
Original artwork by Richard Farrell (Andersonic, Plaything of Sutekh)
Articles, reviews, opinion pieces and more!

Page Count: 258 pages, 6×9 Paperback
ISBN: 9780995319523
Published: November 2017

You can order your copy by visiting here!

BobF
Lulu.com currently has a 10% off all books if you use code BOOKCALSAVE

In addition to Lulu's savings, we're currently offering 15% OFF the retail price of the Compendium. So if you combine both discounts, that's a savings of 25%!!!

You can order your copy of the Compendium at http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/star-one-compendium/21789608

wall1885
I remember this well and downloaded them all, I've just ordered this and cant wait to give a read

wall1885
wow - very fast delivery - This arrived today. Very well put together and presented. I cant wait to give it a read.

steveothen
wall1885 wrote:

wow - very fast delivery - This arrived today. Very well put together and presented. I cant wait to give it a read.

Mines on its way, looking forward to this.

BobF
steveothen wrote:
Mines on its way, looking forward to this.

Hope you enjoy it Steve.

BobF
Just a quick note to let you all know that Lulu has several discounts on-going at the moment like free shipping, or reduced price on books. So if you're planning to order a copy of the COMPENDIUM, definitely make sure you check out what savings Lulu is offering on the day your order a copy.

Also, should mention that we're offering 15% OFF the cover price until the end of the year.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/penciltippublishing

Last Space Rat
Any reviews out there?

winnie-l
Not just yet - working on it!

winnie-l
By the way you asked if I got my contributor's copy. I did (thank you very much Maestro!) & replied via email (not Horizon PM) - did that get thru to you?

(One is never sure if anyone's email address might be old/defunct.....)

BobF
Hi all.

To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Blake's 7, the STAR ONE COMPENDIUM is now 20% OFF the retail cover price. This applies to all orders whether placed in Canada, US, UK, Australia or New Zealand. Perfect opportunity to pick up a copy if you haven't already done so.

And if you order before January 22, Lulu is offering an additional 15% off on all print books. Just enter in discount code JAN15 when you place your order!

To view http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/star-one-compendium/21789608

BobF
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/cdnbob/Pencil%20Tip%20Publishing/Star%20One%20Compendium%20Front%20Panel_zps3fjyos7f.jpg

Just a quick reminder that the 20% OFF the cover price is still in effect for the Star One Compendium.

The 20% off applies to orders placed in Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand.

Copies can be purchased by visiting the Pencil Tip Publishing store on Lulu here.

Kerrie
Great!! Happy I have had a look at the website and in the UK Store.
Blake's 7: A Critical Guide to Series 1-4
By Rodney Marshall
Paperback: £11.99 (excl. VAT)
Prints in 3-5 business days

Political satire, comic strip action adventure, science fiction, space opera, Orwellian dystopia, costume drama, Western...Drawing on a range of genres, Terry Nation’s Blake’s 7 resists categorisation or labelling; a ground-breaking piece of television drama. Presenting itself as easy-viewing, early evening entertainment for a (largely) teenage audience – which, on one level, it was – it tackles state-surveillance, propaganda, corruption, genocide, revolution, and terrorism. Avengers expert Rodney Marshall turns his attention to Blake’s 7, offering unauthorised, entertaining, thought-provoking critical guides to all fifty-two episodes in Series 1-4. Horizon (the official Blake’s 7 fan club moderator Alex Pinfold has added a Foreword to this third edition, while television historian Matthew Lee has penned an essay on Terry Nation and Blake’s 7. Combining dark humour, surrealism, shiny surfaces and dramatic depth, Blake’s 7 blurs the boundary between hero/villain. Unsure
Edited by Kerrie on 17 February 2018 10:29:19

Last Space Rat
I've bought a copy of the Star One Compendium and really enjoyed it. Yes there are some rough edges and errors (both factual and typographical) but as the editor writes in his foreword he chose "to leave the material as is - warts and all". Worth a look in my view.

BobF
Just to let you all know the Compendium is still available to purchase...

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/cdnbob/Blakes%207/Star%20One%20Advert%20-%20Alex%20Lydiate_zpsvshe8jj1.png

BobF
Hi all. Just thought I'd check int to see if there's been any posts on this thread.

Was wondering if any of you who had purchased a copy of the "Compendium" would be interested in doing a review of the book for the Pencil Tip website?

If so, please get in touch with me at penciltippublishing @ shaw . ca.

winnie-l
It's on my to-do list & Star One Compendium is approaching StackTop!
https://en.wikipe...ta_type%29

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.33 seconds
15,288,128 unique visits since 8th January 2014