Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Horizon Advent Calendar Comments 2017
Joe Dredd
Hi everyone,

If you want to discuss or comment on any of the entries in the daily Advent Calendar thread, please post here.

If any of the contributors posts a quiz, you are welcome to post here to say you solved it, or to ask for help or give hints, or even just to say what a big twit Joe Dredd is.

You can post your answers here if you want to but please change the text colour to something light so it is hard to read and can only be seen by others if they highlight it with the mouse. Like this: That's the way! Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Joe.

P.S. Can you believe it's almost December? Where did the year go?

JustBrad
Joe: Confident I have all of them save the last two, the last one is giving me a headache, and our only answer for the penultimate one is rather thin.

Joe Dredd
That's great, Brad. It seems to me that most of Pictionary involves hopeless drawings that no one else has any chance of understanding, so we have achieved equilibrium!

More seriously, I know the final two are difficult (read: tenuous), that's why they're last. Trying to work out how to render some of them as drawings was challenging! Others were no challenge (like most of the ones I did), which is why I didn't continue down that path.

I don't want to give too much away yet, other than to say Pictionary should be done with drawings only. I had to rely on words too in some cases, so where there's text it always has some bearing on the solution.

You can ignore the writing on the blackboard in the last one. That's just there to make it look school-ish.

On the positive side, you've solved 12, so there's only 40 episode titles to try out.

(And 38 possibilities if any one else wants to post their own entry for the rest of us to guess!)

Travisina
Yay, got them all! Brilliant, Joe Smile

Like Brad, the last two had me stumped for a bit, but I got #14 after realising what was going on in the picture. That left #13, which had me going down various dead ends based on the characters in the picture, but came to me just as I was falling asleep last night! So:

1. Terminal
2. Stardrive
3. Breakdown
4. Children of Auron (Children of Our Ron - brilliant!)
5. Animals
6. Death Watch
7. Star One
8. Sand
9. Trial
10. The Way Back
11. Powerplay
12. Rumours of Death
13. Deliverance (deliver ants!)
14. Aftermath

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Well done, T! Please pop some kairopan in your shoe - you deserve a very big tick.

littlesue
Being a bit thick first thing in the morning, it took me some time to even work out the easiest ones...so I cheated, and looked at T's answers.
Joe...inspiredGrin
Edited by littlesue on 01 December 2017 12:21:45
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
These are brilliant and I am useless at guessing. No hope of deciphering the clever puns. And I didn’t notice the skulls in the watch so assumed it was time squad ( my reasoning....don’t ask!) and that Rumours was death watch. ( it was about watching TV) I wouldn’t have got children of our Ron in a million years. Thanks for a great start to December.

Joe Dredd
littlesue wrote:
I cheated, and look at T's answers.

No, don't do that. She's got them all wrong!

For example, that yellow pointy thing in the blue car is clearly driving somewhere. We can't see where, so it must be to the - HORIZON.

The man in the red car is chewing gum - ORBIT.

The bloke with kids has clearly been in a relationship long enough to have a family, so he must be a keeper, in fact - THE KEEPER. (And his wife's first name is Traken, which also makes him - IN THE WRONG SHOW.)

The prisoner in the dock is clearly a crim, because he's in court. Vila is a crim who gets 'caught' by Travis. Further, we can't see the barrister's practicing certificate anywhere, which means he's no longer allowed at the bar, so he's ex-bar, which clearly makes it - THE ONE WITH BLAKE'S OLD UNCLE IN IT.

The teacher in the last one is the famous Professor G. A. MBIT. What a giveaway! It has to be - CITY AT THE EDGE OF THE DAWN OF THE KEEPER OF DEATH.

The one with the sign post - EVEN I DON'T KNOW.

...what? You don't believe they're the real answers?!?

Okay, I'll admit it - Travisina got the lot! : D

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

Yay, got them all! Brilliant, Joe Smile

Like Brad, the last two had me stumped for a bit, but I got #14 after realising what was going on in the picture. That left #13, which had me going down various dead ends based on the characters in the picture, but came to me just as I was falling asleep last night! So:

1. Terminal
2. Stardrive
3. Breakdown
4. Children of Auron (Children of Our Ron - brilliant!)
5. Animals
6. Death Watch
7. Star One
8. Sand
9. Trial
10. The Way Back
11. Powerplay
12. Rumours of Death
13. Deliverance (deliver ants!)
14. Aftermath

Got them all but #14, where I was too focused on the formula and should have been focused on the speech balloon. And my solution for #13 was more intuition than clarity. Well done sussing the homonym.

Hugbot
Great start to the Advent Calendar, thank you! I was nearly late at work this morning because I tried to figure out all the pictures. Well, 13 out of 14 ain't bad, as they say. (I was completely on the wrong track at no. 4; thought it would be Vftp!)

The people in no. 13 look somehow familiar. The dog might be the one from the Magic Roundabout, and I am also sure that I have seen the lady with the watering can somewhere but I can't really remember who she is.

littlesue
Hugbot wrote:

Great start to the Advent Calendar, thank you! I was nearly late at work this morning because I tried to figure out all the pictures. Well, 13 out of 14 ain't bad, as they sad. (I was completely on the wrong track at no. 4; thought it would be Vftp!)

The people in no. 13 look somehow familiar. The dog might be the one from the Magic Roundabout, and I am also sure that I have seen the lady with the watering can somewhere but I can't really remember who she is.

UM...the 'Lady' with the watering can is in fact Windy Miller, the chap who makes extra strong cider and gives it to anyone who is passing...from Camberwick Green. Don't worry, Grandson was also fooled and had a long list of health and safety concerns for the entire series!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
Loved the start of this year's Advent Calendar. I laughed out loud at 'our Ron'. Very clever, Joe!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
Hugbot wrote:

In hindsight I shouldn't have used recognisable characters as it implies they're part of the clue. In truth I needed a postman for the puzzle, so I drew Pat. He turned out so well that I decided to carry on with the kids show theme and added Windy Miller and Dougal.

VtP is a credible guess for no.4, as was Annie's DW for no.12.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I hope you had fun playing, and not too much frustration.

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:

Loved the start of this year's Advent Calendar. I laughed out loud at 'our Ron'. Very clever, Joe!

Thanks Paula! : )

Tyce
Hi Joe Dredd,

Very clever. I got them all except no. 12 which I thought was Headhunter . Loved 'our ron' LOL. While some stumped me for a bit funnily I didn't struggle with 13 or 14 at all, infact I saw 14 instantly. Well done on the art work too BTW.

Cheers
Tyce

Hugbot
littlesue wrote:

UM...the 'Lady' with the watering can is in fact Windy Miller, the chap who makes extra strong cider and gives it to anyone who is passing...from Camberwick Green.

Ah, thank you! Now I know why he/she was so vaguely familiar. I never watched Camberwick Green (that didn't air over here; as opposed to the Magic Roundabout and the Clangers) but SD once put our heroes into CG in one of his PGTM stories and provided a link to a GC vid.

Joe Dredd
Wow, cakeinmilk, that's brilliant!

I love the 8-bit looking flight deck control station backdrop and everything.

The space background with all the planets looks familiar. Is that sampled from B7?

Stupendous!

Travisina
Superb, cakeinmilk!

Joe Dredd
26,800 is my best so far.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

26,800 is my best so far.

Oh, I'm rubbish at it (always was rubbish at this sort of thing, to be fair) - my strategy consists of going round in circles, firing wildly in all directions - but I manage to stay alive long enough to have fun !

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,919,579 unique visits since 8th January 2014