Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2018 Ficlet Challenge
littlesue
I have often wondered just where did Vargas get that revolver from?......
Piccie by Lurena

In The Beginning…

“But there’s nothing here,” the young officer pointed out.
“No, but there will be,” replied the captain.
“Are you seriously expecting the Federation to agree to your recommendations?”
“Why not? They have before. This will make a good penal colony.”
“But how are the prisoners expected to survive?”
“They’re not. That’s the point. The prisons on Earth are overflowing will malcontents; ne’er do wells. The Federation needs somewhere to put those who insist on breaking the rules…and this place will be perfect. They will either fight to survive…or die trying. They will have a choice.”
The young man scanned the horizon once more. The surface of this planet was bleak, inhospitable and almost barren. He sighed.
“It doesn’t seem right, Captain Cook.”
“Penal Colonies seldom are…”

“Look Vargas, I’ve told you once already. When I informed the authorities who I had aboard...they refused me landing permission.”
“My family and I…”
“You mean you…”
“Just need to find a planet where we can live as we want and follow the teachings from this book…”
“Vargas, that book is forbidden by the Federation…”
“And that is why we need to find a place unhindered by the Federation’s rule.”
“And I need my ship back…”
“Many years ago, a branch of my family was sent away from Earth…”
“Yes, I can imagine.” The freighter pilot listened to Vargas detailing the events of years ago, until he could bear it no longer…
“All right, I’ll take you there. I shouldn’t really. But if that is what you want…Cygnus Alpha it is.”
“How apt…Cygnus Alpha…the first place that shall become converted to The Way.”

Later, as the freighter left orbit and put as many spacials between it and the barren rock that was known as Cygnus Alpha, the pilot was approached by one of his crew.
“We have a problem sir,”
“What sort of problem?”
“Those people…well, that Vargas, it seems that he has been busy. I can’t find that ancient firearm of mine. I was cleaning it and he and that Grandson of his took great interest in it…”
“Oh no…”
“And ammunition...”
The pilot ran a hand through his hair, “Oh no. I’m not going back there. You saw what it was like? How those people have survived is beyond me. Food, water, shelter…it was inhuman…”
“And yet the Federation still send their criminals there.”
“And if you or any of the others ever breathe a word about Vargas and his group, we could well be joining them!”

Vargas hefted the gun in his hand and fired off one shot.
It did the trick.
The unruly rabble quietened, fearful of what this strange weapon could do.
“You see, my boy,” Vargas smiled down at his Grandson, “They understand now. Once we have unpacked our supplies and they see what we have, they will turn to us and we shall rule them. Those who defy the Word of Vargas will learn.
Now, to set them their tasks. You and I will need a house worthy of us, won’t we?”
“Yes, Grandfather.”

i.imgur.com/xIuJvxA.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
- Alone -

The thought was her reality. The pain of it her constant companion. She was the last of her cell, the only one left to complete their mission. Until the Federation base was destroyed there would be no honour, no justice, no return home.

- Alone -

Cally pushed the thought down and raised the gun to her shoulder. She bent her head to the sight and swept the wastelands looking for a target. Farr was late. So late that he must, in fact, be dead. Just the latest in a long line of deaths since she and her fellow Auronar had come to help the Rebels rid their planet of the Federation presence. They had not brought their doom with them but they had found it.
Now, Cally knew she would continue with the plan she and Farr had made. She knew that on this day she would meet her own fate. She lowered her gun and made a last and unnecessary check of her equipment. She knew, finally, that she was prepared: she would fail but she would not die alone.

She began her approach always keeping below the horizon. There was no sense in losing her life uselessly out here in the wastelands. With a base full of Federation personnel only 10 klicks away, she would not die alone.

Suddenly, a noise: one she could not identify. She felt and then saw a man wink into existence below her. An enemy? Cally smiled grimly and ran to meet her fate.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Lorna
Well done, you capture the lead up to Time Squad very well!

One Spare Part
Lorna wrote:

Well done, you capture the lead up to Time Squad very well!

Thanks for that Lorna. You are a star.

winnie-l
Suddenly, a noise: one she could not identify.
I always wondered if the "teleport arrival" sound, that we as viewers hear, was also heard by other in the area of the teleported person's arrival too. That zzzzzzzing! sound.
She felt and then saw a man wink into existence below her.
"felt", oooo, you mean as telepath she sensed "new/different life-force on planet"?! COOL!

One Spare Part
winnie-l wrote:

Suddenly, a noise: one she could not identify.
I always wondered if the "teleport arrival" sound, that we as viewers hear, was also heard by other in the area of the teleported person's arrival too. That zzzzzzzing! sound.
"felt", oooo, you mean as telepath she sensed "new/different life-force on planet"?! COOL!

I wondered about the sound myself: the arrival of a solid body must have an effect on the surroundings. Like a bubble popping? So why not brass instruments and synths? Lol.
As for her feeling Blake (so to speak) she is on peak alert trying to launch a one woman attack on the Feds...

rojroj
One Spare Part wrote:

As for her feeling Blake (so to speak) she is on peak alert trying to launch a one woman attack on the Feds...

This is how I imagine Cally too: not just telepathic but also intuitive, capable of feeling other people's presence, or sensing the emotional state of her friends...

Glad that the arrival of Blake and co. has prevented her from carrying out a suicidal attack. A very enjoyable story!

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
Lurena
Wonderful One Spare Part !
One Spare Part wrote:

- Alone -

I think that this "feeling" of a presence skill is an important necessity of life for Auronar; just to know that one is not alone.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Prisoners shuffled out of the holding pen into the darkness that permeated Cygnus Alpha. Several hooded figures appeared in the gloom as if by magic.

One strode forward. “Greetings, brothers and sisters, and welcome to Cygnus Alpha. Please follow us to the temple. Do not stray. If you have not yet begun to feel ill, you soon will. This planet carries a plague, and we have the cure.”

There was some mumbling among the new arrivals, but they followed the hooded figures in relative silence to a large Gothic structure. Once inside they were led to a central chamber with a stone altar flanked by a large sculpture.

The hooded figure spoke. “We are all here because in our previous lives we were criminals, undesirables, or worse. The past does not matter, it is to the future we look. Here we have forged a society. You will join that society or you will die.”

The hooded figure moved to the altar. “When my great great grandfather first arrived here, this colony was in chaos. He united us, gave us purpose. All are welcome here, but if you choose not to join us, you will die.”

One of the new arrivals hesitantly stepped forward. “Of the plague you mentioned. I’m already feeling unwell.”

The hooded figure raised a hand. “No, brother, the symptoms you feel are of a transitory physical nature. The ‘plague’ of Cygnus Alpha is a simple virus that clears itself in a few days. This was part of the chaos that my great great grandfather helped put to rest. When I say you will die if you do not join us, I refer not to physical death, but spiritual death. The plague I speak of is spiritual death, the cure, everlasting life.”

The hooded figure continued. “My great great grandfather came here and fought for the truth, to depose his predecessors who used the plague to control the colony for their own selfish ends. In this great battle, he fell and was left behind for dead. But by the will of his god, he rose from the dead. He wondered why he would be sent back from the dead only to be left here, and came to realize it was his god’s will that he transform this place into a place of peace and brotherhood, as his god intended. In the fullness of time he passed away, and was taken into the heavens to live forever with his god in Liberation.”

“If you join us, and abide by our tenets, then you too shall know eternal life and live forever with our god in Liberation. My great great grandfather’s name was Arco, and by that name you shall call me.”

The hooded figure gestured to the large statue behind the altar. “And this is our redeemer, our Liberator, our deity. Behold! Your god, Blake!”

Brilliant. A full and vicious circle. Cygnus Alpha is beyond hope.
Blake help anyone who gets sent there.

One Spare Part
I am in awe of all you guys. The breadth of ideas represented in your stories shows how much you know about the Blake-iverse. I keep saying to my workmates how much I am enjoying being a part of Horizon. I think you are opening my mind. Thank you. X

Anniew
It’s so nice to have new people contributing. Please keep it up. Your story was a very good read.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
22,475,242 unique visits since 8th January 2014