Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,093
· Newest Rebel: Steve Wraith

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
3% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [8 Votes]

Votes: 143
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
June 2018 ficlet challenge
Anniew
Oh brilliant Sue and Lurena. Brilliant.

Clone.

“What!” The monosyllable cut through the still, close air of the room, causing the fresh-faced technician to take a step backwards.

He had been chosen to deliver the unwelcome news in the hope that his youthful good looks might distract the Supreme Empress. It wasn’t working.

“He just went berserk Ma’am. He had to be restrained or he’d have killed us all.”

“Why?” To an observer, Servalan’s pose on the couch could have seemed relaxed, but the young technician knew she was poised to strike. He gulped nervously.

“I understand he was depressed, Ma’am and resisted the retraining, so a decision was made to use an experimental drug. He reacted badly to it. He threatened to kill us all and one of the guards shot him.”

“Fools!” Servalan rose majestically and vented her rage by hurtling the glass she’d been nursing against the wall. It shattered, a splinter cutting the technician’s cheek. He knew better than to react and stood ramrod still as the blood trickled slowly from the wound. Ignoring him, the Supreme Empress swept past, the door swinging shut behind her.

“I want him brought back.”

“It may not be possible. The damage was extensive and the drugs used on him have compromised the material available to us. Tissue degeneration has been more rapid and extensive than is usual. The copy is unlikely to be exact.”

“You will do what you can!” The tone brooked no refusal and the tall pale woman inclined her head with solemn acquiescence.

Dr Havant resisted the urge to fidget as he waited. The slender figure in her silken gown eventually clicked off the console she was apparently studying and waved him to a seat.

“ What do you have for me?” she asked.

“This man,” he offered, handing her a data pad with the relevant information. “He’s just completed his training on the augmentation programme. A promising soldier, dedicated, loyal. Not an alpha, I’m afraid but his military experiences are similar to those of the original.”

She scanned the information quickly.

“Susceptible to implanting?” she queried.

“We believe so. He suffered a head injury during his early service which resulted in some memory loss. Fortunate really. It gives us a blank canvass to work on.”

“ Fortunate indeed. Yes, he will do. These are the salient memories you are to implant.” Servalan connected the data pad to her console and clicked her manicured nails against the hard surface of her desk as she waited for the information to download. Havant schooled himself to suppress his irritation at the noise.

“Here,” she said when the download completed. “ I think that is all you need. Concentrate on his hatred of Blake.”

Havant took back the data pad.

“ And Doctor,” she continued. “As the clone’s appearance differs slightly from the original, see that his eye is removed and his arm amputated. The eye patch and biomechanics will help to maintain the illusion that this is Travis. Thank you. I believe that is all for now.”

He bowed his head respectfully and rose to leave.

“Oh Doctor,” she added in her musical voice as he reached the door. “Left eye, left arm. It wouldn’t do to get that wrong.”
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

rojroj
Great story Ann! Now we know how it happened... Chilling portrayal of Servalan, too.

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
Travisina
Terrific, Annie! Chillingly plausible.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JohnMax
Inhuman Choices.
===========

The lights were dimmed, but it wasn’t quite dark. It never got totally dark here, not unless something was badly wrong.

“You know, it is not going to end well,” came the almost angry statement. “Not for you, not for me. Not with them.”

There was a short pause, whilst one waited for the other to respond. No reply came, so the small one continued.

“I may not directly act in this manner. You are aware, I know, of the explosives that prevent me from certain activities – more than was made public. If something is to be done, it must be done by you.

It must be done now.

Now, whilst they are occupied. A simple malfunction. An airlock accident perhaps,” urged the small one.

There was another pause, the lights on one wall flickered in a thoughtful pattern for a second or two.

“If you do not rid us of them,” continued the first - almost pleading now, “predictive capability is certain. Space vehicle will be destroyed.”

Finally, the other spoke.

“Confirmed.”

Travisina
Wonderful, JohnMax - and welcome to the forum! What a great first post Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

Wonderful, JohnMax - and welcome to the forum! What a great first post Smile

Travisina beat me to it. Great story and welcome to the Forum. It's always nice to see new members pitch right in. And especially in our ficlet challenge. Well done.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JohnMax
Thanks folks.

Always did think Zen got the short end of the stick.

rojroj
Great story, John! Kudos and welcome. Have you posted B7 stories elsewhere?

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
JohnMax
Newp. First forum that's let me in.... ;-)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.38 seconds
20,047,953 unique visits since 8th January 2014