Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Saturday 6th October - Black Park 40th anniversary location visit
clareblues1
Howdy y'all.....the next location visit will be on Saturday 6th October...so I'm getting this in well in advance...but it takes time to pull these things together.

We will be meeting in the Black Park Country Park main car park which is located on Black Park Road, SL3 6DT (for the benefit of SAT-NAV). If you are using public transport, Slough is perhaps the nearest rail station about 3.5 miles away. Note that there aren't any buses which serve the road where the park is, so if you do use a bus, some walking (or a taxi) would be required.

Travelling on The Web trail so far...

CB
Scott
Brad and Paula
Hugbot (I'm sure you said you were coming to this but correct me if I'm wrong!)
Ellen
Trevor Travis

Please add your names below if you're planning to come along...thanks!

btw Brad and Paula plan to travel to Slough station from central London...and are looking for assistance with travel between the station and the meeting point, so any offers of help I'm sure will be gratefully received!
Edited by clareblues1 on 20 September 2018 22:25:58
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

littlesue
Hi Clare
I'm afraid I can't make this one either.
Daughter No. 1 is not working that day and as usual we are off out together. The saturday before or after would have been fine!!! Never mind, I'm sure to meet up with everyone again...maybe next year if we can persuade Gary to do 41st anniversary!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Ellen York
Count me in! I will also be traveling from London on the train so could also use a lift to the meeting point.

Hugbot
Yes, I'll be there ... and I will be on the train from Paddington to Slough. Looks like we can all travel together and maybe share a taxi from Slough to Black Park?

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Yes, I'll be there ... and I will be on the train from Paddington to Slough. Looks like we can all travel together and maybe share a taxi from Slough to Black Park?

Horizon Party on the Train!

BradPaula
Hugbot wrote:

Good idea, Hugbot. Maybe we can discuss it at Cygnus Alpha con and meet at Paddy and take the train together and taxi if possible. Looking forward to this trip! Our 8th one to the UK!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ellen York
All aboard the Horizon express! Smile

Travisina
Really sorry to miss this - I'm going on holiday the next day (7th Oct), and will be super-busy on Saturday.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clareblues1
That's alright Travisina...hope to catch you the weekend before at CA4...though I'm only going to be there on the Friday night...

clareblues1
Just bumping this thread...Brad and Paula are sorted for a lift from Slough rail station to the Black Park car park...there's also Ellen and Hugbot in need of a lift...

Anyone else coming along?

JustBrad
Just a thought. Those of us arriving at Slough can always get a cab to Black Park, the larger issue may be getting back to Slough.

BradPaula
To anyone going to the location visit to Black Park on Saturday, October 6th- there are 4 people in need of a ride from Slough train station to the venue, as I know of so far. Trevor Travis has graciously volunteered to ferry Brad and myself to the park but we have Ellen and Hugbot also in need of a ride. TT can probably wedge all of us into his car but if there is anyone else driving that day, we would very much appreciate them ferrying people there and back to the station.

If anyone else is in need, or can ferry people, please respond here. It isn't that long now. Thank you in advance and many thanks to our dear friend TT for helping a small group of Yanks and a handsome German out! Grin

clanger68
Would love to have joined you all, alas we are away that weekend.

Hope you all have a fabulous time.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
clareblues1
Paula, looks like Iím going to be the only other person attending who has a car...Iíve got a good 2 and a half hours drive down though so my arrival time will be dependent on traffic.

However I have just texted Scot who is also coming, Iíve asked him if it may be feasible for himself, Ellen and Hugbot to share a taxi to Black Park. Iíll see what he says.

If not then my car can fit 2-3 extra people, Iíd just have to pray for no roadworks or accidents en route!

Hugbot
Ummm ... maybe I am a bit thick but so far, I only see a date and a meeting place. At what time do we meet?

clareblues1 wrote:

Iíd just have to pray for no roadworks or accidents en route!

... or hordes of crazy cyclists! Wink

clareblues1
UPDATE

We will meet in the Black Park car park between 10.30am and 11am (traffic permitting I will get there on time!)

The walk around the park should only take about an hour or so. The forest clearing where the filming took place is in the middle of the park but itís not far.

For lunch I suggest we go to The Royal Oak, which is about 10 minutes drive away

https://www.chefa.../main-menu

clareblues1
Further update...as the car park is a fairish size I suggest we meet at the Beech Hut marked as number 1 on the park map.

https://countrypa...lack-park/

Scott
Hi all, if anyone attending this is travelling from London, you may find it easier to get a Piccadilly/Metropolitan line train to Uxbridge, and then jump on the Number 3 bus to five points roundabout. The journey time on the bus is around 15minutes and there is a service leaving Uxbridge every 20 minutes at 08, 28 and 48 minutes past the hour. Bus timetable and map is here: https://www.first...202016.pdf

From there it is a short walk across the roundabout and down the Uxbridge road to the side gate of Black Park, and a further 10 minute walk through the tree lined avenue to the cafe by the lake. This is a good point to meet up with those coming via car as it is just the other side of the (small) lake from the car park.

I intend to go this way, and will aiming to get the 10.08 bus from Uxbridge. Happy to meet and guide anyone else who wishes to travel via this route.

Cheers.

Scott

clareblues1
Cheers for that info Scott...I've messaged Paula and Stefan via Facebook to alert them to this... Smile

clareblues1
Going to be booking the pub lunch today...12.30 Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.14 seconds
15,288,353 unique visits since 8th January 2014