Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Anniversary Rewatch - D2 Power
Nixxie
I actually quite like that Soolin went into hiding - she knew that by watching the other's she'd know if they were good enough to join

meegat39
Avon looks half impressed at least...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

littlesue
I wonder if this blonde lady gunslinger will join them?
I'm sure she will...Grin
Anyway, thank you for a lovely rewatch...now to catch up with Bull on Fox.
See you next week.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
meegat39 wrote:

Which half? Wink
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

meegat39
Well thanks for re-watch!

trevor travis
Fun episode that one. Ben Steed always wrote strong plots.

Mrs_Underhill
And I hate when BS makes Avon talk his bulllshit, of all people. That bit about war of sexes leading to running out of people is not even true in that universe, with cloning technologies and other kind of repro techs, I bet. Ugh.
If one could skip BS agenda it's a great and lively episode.

I need to watch it again to make sense of the whole plot with crystals though. I completely lost track or crystal/teleport/Orac/Avon intricacies.
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 09 October 2018 20:37:56

One Spare Part
Thatwas very enjoyable. Cheers me dears!

Nixxie
Lovely time - wonderful company! see ya'all next week Smile

Hugbot
Strange to sit in my study again, watching B7 projected on the wall and taking part in a rewatch .... but what a great way to getting home!

Thanks for the company and good night! Oops

And good luck with your interview, Ellen!

meegat39
One Spare Part wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Which half? Wink

His lips? *trying not to shiver *

Mrs_Underhill
Thank you for the great company and welcome back to last travelers home from CA 4.0! Smile

Ellen York
Hugbot wrote:

Strange to sit in my study again, watching B7 projected on the wall and taking part in a rewatch .... but what a great way to getting home!

Thanks for the company and good night! Oops

And good luck with your interview, Ellen!

Thanks. I just got confirmation that the second one will be Thursday instead of today (give me a bit more time to get over the jet-lag/cold)

One Spare Part
Grin
meegat39 wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Which half? Wink

His lips? *trying not to shiver *

GrinGrin

Mrs_Underhill
trevor travis wrote:

Nixxie wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Avon's automatic reactions are still on point, regardless how much he tries to suppress them. His 1st instinct is to protect the weak.

yep - no hitting on women on Avon's watch... unless you're Servalan - I'm sure she'd enjoy that from Avon!

Avon doesn't like others hitting women, but has no reservations doing it himself.

But it's not about hitting women - it's about instinctive protection of someone's who weak, or I rather should have said "vulnerable".
I actually like that about Avon that he never equates women with weak/vulnerable.
He "automatically" defended Blake or Vila when he saw them as vulnerable, for example. As well as women in vulnerable position, like Nina here.
But if someone's a threat - regardless if that's a man or a woman - he has no reservations about fighting them tooth and nail.

And.. his instincts are usually good but he's also good at rationalizing himself into doing a wrong thing.

trevor travis wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Poor Nina. How will her people leave this place though? The only way out is on Scorpio. Or did she mean just move somewhere else on the planet? With no food and other supports?

Somewhere else on the planet. Living on nuts and berries.

Hmm. And giving up on the resource which could securely feed their tribe many times over? Terrible move for any sensible leader. She could have negotiated with Avon and Co who were just 5 people, and that hydroponic plant could have fed hundreds! Nah, that part doesn't make any sense to me. Unless she was too distraught to care, and the remaining Hommiks too stupid to understand what's gonna happen to them.
Also I realized that Gann-Sar must have committed quite a massacre against Hommiks by killing 26 of them! How many were there to start with - not that many I bet.

I imagine a bunch of starving remnants of the tribe coming back to Xenon base in the following months, to beg for food.

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Poor TT ... the shower scene is over!

Could be worse. Jenna's been in the shower for fifteen episodes running now.

Mrs_Underhill
OK, I rewatched for the crystal plot line and though I knew now that crystals in Seska's necklaces were the same that Avon was seeking on the hint from Orac, it was never mentioned in the story!

In the end it gets clear when Avon takes the crystal from the killed Seska's necklace and plugs it into the teleport system. But I wish they would just mention it earlier, before Avon started fighting Pella for it. Because that part just left me with WTF - why did he want it so badly.Smile

Another thing I noticed - Vila told another tale from his childhood where CF1 Academy he was trying to escape from was obviously Correctional Facility #1 or something like it.

One Spare Part
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

In the end it gets clear when Avon takes the crystal from the killed Seska's necklace and plugs it into the teleport system. But I wish they would just mention it earlier, before Avon started fighting Pella for it. Because that part just left me with WTF - why did he want it so badly.Smile

It's a test! Are we paying attention? Another reason why we keep going back to B7 - cos it aint always straightforward. It took me a while to click into the neclaces/implants!

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

It's a test! Are we paying attention? Another reason why we keep going back to B7 - cos it aint always straightforward. It took me a while to click into the neclaces/implants!

Agreed. We don't need everything explained in the dialogue - some of it is for us to find out. Avon MUST have that crystal - his whole plan depends on it.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Poor TT ... the shower scene is over!

Could be worse. Jenna's been in the shower for fifteen episodes running now.

Hmmm, poor wrinkled Jenna Shock Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
15,288,829 unique visits since 8th January 2014