Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Chris Boucher ?
steveothen
Is there a reason why Chris Boucher hasn't written any of the Big Finish B7's ?, i'd of thought after Terry Nation, he's the most qualified writer of B7 still with us.

Is it because Big Finish can't afford to use him ?, or does Chris just not want to do any ?.
Or is there some other reason ?.

I asked this on the Gallifey Base site as well, but i guessed someone here may know.

JustBrad
Others will doubtless know more, but here is what I know, or think I know Pfft

1. As far as I know, Chris Boucher is retired.

2. Big Finish only has the rights to to Terry Nation's Blake's 7 scripts and characters. The BBC retains the rights to all other characters from other writers, including Chris Boucher's scripts and characters.

Therefore BF can use Del Grant, because he was in Countdown, written by Terry Nation, but they cannot use Soolin (a Chris Boucher character) because they do not have the rights from the BBC.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Others will doubtless know more, but here is what I know, or think I know Pfft

1. As far as I know, Chris Boucher is retired.

2. Big Finish only has the rights to to Terry Nation's Blake's 7 scripts and characters. The BBC retains the rights to all other characters from other writers, including Chris Boucher's scripts and characters.

Therefore BF can use Del Grant, because he was in Countdown, written by Terry Nation, but they cannot use Soolin (a Chris Boucher character) because they do not have the rights from the BBC.

Brad, I think that's largely correct, apart from Chris Boucher retains the correct to MOST of his characters, hence Carnell appearing in the Kaldor City audios. But he doesn't have sole copyright to the regular characters he introduced, such as Soolin, Slave and throw in Scorpio too, since he was a BBC employee at the time.

If Big Finish wanted to do Season 4, they'd need Terry's copyright, the BBC copyright and maybe Chris Boucher's copyright too. You can see why it would become too expensive.

And yes he's retired. I think he's 75.

daro2096
Born in 1943 according to Wikipedia.

Mrs_Underhill
And B7 Big Finish range started in 2012 so that might have been too late for Chris Boucher to take part in. He did write things for "Magic Bullet" earlier (I plan to check them out).

BradPaula
Not to bring down the tone of this thread, but it was stated at Cygnus Alpha two that Mr. Boucher was not well now and therefore would not be writing any stories for Big Finish, or for that matter, attending any conventions in person. Very sorry to hear that from such an important figure in Blake's 7 history, but unfortunately, a part of life.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Gauda Cheese
Series D audios are the ones I want most Oops

Never say never, BF have achieved things I thought impossible before.

MLPasterisk
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Series D audios are the ones I want most Oops

Never say never, BF have achieved things I thought impossible before.

I would like some Scorpio based stories.

Or even some post Gauda Prime. Angry

Sadly I think it wouldn't really work now that Jacqueline Pearce is no longer with us. Sad

Joe Dredd
Servalan wasn't in every S4 story so it could still be done.

I think a PGP scenario is an even better option because you don't need to recast the unwilling participants. Anyone who wants to be in it survived, anyone who doesn't is deady-bones (e.g. Dayna*) and then add new characters with cast you know will continue to report for duty** to make up the numbers/intrigue.

* Perhaps the Dayna's dead dad revenge thing could be used as the reason neither Dayna or Servalan are in the PGP. Just explain that everyone was revived offstage after the shoot-out in the tracking gallery*** by Sleer; Dayna took her chance to attack Servalan, killed her and was killed in the process.

** But not Nick Briggs, please!!!

***Which I now realise makes it a shooting gallery.

bob79519
Why does want a PGP story? The Lucifer trilogy has been confirmed as the Big Finish canon in the Way Ahead.

Travisina
bob79519 wrote:

The Lucifer trilogy has been confirmed as the Big Finish canon in the Way Ahead.

I wish it hadn't Sad
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

bob79519
Travisina wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

The Lucifer trilogy has been confirmed as the Big Finish canon in the Way Ahead.

I wish it hadn't Sad

Me too.

briggsy1
Chris Boucher's Dr.Who story Robots of Death is still a great watch 40+ yrs on from it's original broadcast. Co-incidentally (can't believe I'm plugging them again) Eric and Ian are doing a double header this week of Effectively Speaking podcast on the special effects and crossover episode of B7 In Character with the actors/production members who appeared in both shows. Well worth a listen.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
20,968,118 unique visits since 8th January 2014