Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 Uprising - New Novel by Christopher Cooper
Travisina
Coming in January - Uprising the new B7 novel by Christopher Cooper.

Details here: Uprising.
There's an interview with the author on the Big Finish website HERE
Edited by Travisina on 25 December 2018 16:28:03
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

MLPasterisk
Now in my download folder, so looks like this has been released today.

MLPasterisk
Unlike the audios which have been consistently strong, the quality of Big Finish's Blake's 7 books has been highly variable.

Thankfully this is one of the better ones. Christopher Cooper captures the style of the series perfectly and the characterisation of the regulars is spot on.

He gives leading roles to Gan and the mutoids, who were under developed during the series.

Although the story is set early in the second season, the audiobook is read by Stephen Greif. You can see why when reading the book as Travis is written much more like his first season self.

The book is divided into three "phases" which reminded me of the old Trevor Hoyle books which combined several episodes into a single novelisation.

I would highly recommend the book to any fan as it very much feels like getting a new episode of the series.

winnie-l
Thank you very much for that review!
I confess having read the plot summary blurb I wasn't tempted; there have been zillions of (mostly weak if not dire) stories about Blake's crew having not-success with other so-called Rebels. Paying for another one pretty low on my list.
At least now am considering it....

Travisina
I've just finished listening to the audiobook, and it's absolutely outstanding - possibly one of the best B7 novels I've ever read/listened to.

I agree with MLPasterisk's comments - it really does feel like a missing episode (or series of episodes), fitting seamlessly between 'Shadow' and 'Weapon'.

I might have the chance to interview the writer, Christopher Cooper. Please let me know if you'd like me to share any comments, or if you have any questions for him?

winnie-l
HMMM well thanks for that ReviewToo!
Travisina wrote:I might have the chance to interview the writer, Christopher Cooper. Please let me know if you'd like me to share any comments...?
Yes please if you would be so kind!

Travisina
winnie-l wrote:

HMMM well thanks for that ReviewToo!
Travisina wrote:I might have the chance to interview the writer, Christopher Cooper. Please let me know if you'd like me to share any comments...?
Yes please if you would be so kind!

You can post your queries here, or send me a PM?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.39 seconds
22,469,728 unique visits since 8th January 2014