Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,109
· Newest Rebel: Teale_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [25 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [12 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 147
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jan 2019 Ficlet Challenge
purplecleric
"There can be no justification for deliberate murder." Blake - The Way Back

The word prompt this month is ... JUSTIFY

To show or prove to be right or reasonable, be a good reason for, declare righteous in the name of God or to adjust a block of text. Our characters justify their actions in many ways throughout the series. Are they right, or being reasonable?

For the second challenge:

The beginning of a new year comes with the promise of a fresh start and the intention to make changes. What resolutions would our heroes make and how would that change them?

Happy New Year to you all, and Happy Writing!

Hugbot
Doubts

How can I justify the killing of all these people?

That’s easy: They were evil-doers. Rebels. Dangerous terrorists.

But were they really?

They did not live up to their reputation when I met them. Instead, they looked like a pathetic gang of petty crooks. My men gunned them down in a matter of seconds. I can’t believe they posed a threat to a society as powerful as the Federation.

My first doubts arose when I saw Serv... Commissioner Sleer frantically searching the base for Orac. (Note to myself: I must stop thinking of her as Servalan lest I accidently say it out loud. People who do so have a tendency to disappear.) Was this alleged super-computer the real objective of her plan? The way she caressed that plastic box made it look so. After all, Orac is an instrument of power; the very thing she needs to get back to her former position.

Our prisoner is sowing more doubts. I’ve been interrogating him for three days but I have the feeling that it is actually him who is in control of the situation. He seems to be cooperative and wilfully answers all my questions but in doing so he is trying to convince me that I have not been an instrument of justice but a tool for restoring the unlawful reign of the usurper.

Today, he has given me a secret code to hack into the audio system of Orac. I could hear ‘Sleer’ talking to it and I recorded her treacherous words.

Now I have proof of her real identity and her future plans. Nonetheless, I do not dare to arrest her. She has got her henchmen everywhere. As long as she is alive, they will support her. However, if she was dead and proven to have been a traitor, none of her supporters would want to be associated with her. Suddenly, they would always have been against her.

I know what I have to do.

How can I justify her death?

That’s easy: Shot while trying to escape arrest.
Edited by Hugbot on 03 January 2019 21:19:00

Lurena
Brilliant Huggy, bravo!!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
JustBrad
The Final Resolution

I gave my life to the Federation, military school, service as a foot soldier, duty as a section leader, then off to officer cadet school, the academy, slaving away as a junior officer while senior officers took credit for my hard work and blamed me for their failures, and finally a field command of my own. You see, I wasn’t born into privilege like Fleet Warden Samar or… others I could name. I worked my way up, I earned my rank and privileges, climbing from trooper recruit all the way to Space Commander, as high as anyone born outside the elite can dream of rising.

Yes, I gave my life to the Federation, doing the dirty work that needed doing on Zercasta and Auros. They talk of the innocent people I killed. Well, those ‘innocent people’ were harboring rebels, rebels who were killing my troopers. I put a stop to it and restored order. I saved lives, the lives of my fellow soldiers, the only lives that matter.

And they court martialed me for it. She court martialed me for it.

No, that’s not quite fair, she court martialed me because she needed a scape goat, someone to blame for her mishandling of the Blake affair, but that’s not quite fair either, is it?

What a bitter irony that thanks to Blake I escaped judgement. I even forgave her. I found the secret of Star One on Goth. I tested her. Would she share the power, giving me credit for my hard work and allowing me to share in the spoils, or spurn me, take it for herself and cast me aside… again.

I tested her.

She failed.

I was a fool.

No more.

I hereby resolve to right all wrongs, claim what is mine, and take my revenge. If this is what the Federation has become, a corrupt cancer thriving on the hard work of the dutiful, then it doesn’t deserve my loyalty. I have kept the secret of Star One for myself. I have made contact.

I understand their goal. I don’t care. In fact, I approve. All I ask is that they grant loyal troopers a soldier's death in battle, and let me live long enough to see Blake and Supreme Commander Servalan dead. All I ask is that they leave me alive until it is finished, until I am the last human alive.

After that, they can kill me. I may even take my own life. I think it would be a fitting Final Act.
Edited by JustBrad on 11 January 2019 19:42:37

littlesue
For this month’s prompt, we return to the Amusement Park with a dark secret, where two of its ‘residents’ are discussing the possibility of a new start for the park and for one of our heroes.
But will that resolution actually come to fruition…..

All the Fun of the Fair…

‘A Clean Slate?’

“Regret.”
“Regret?”
“Yes I…he is filled with regret.”
The strangely attired hologram, dressed in a red jacket, white shirt, black breeches and a tall black hat, reminiscent of an Old Calendar Ringmaster, studied the form before him; a new hologram; a copy of the man who had eluded the Amusement Park’s prime objective twice now.
The first hologram had occasion to remember him, after all, it had been his ‘guide’ on the Ghost Train when he and his colleagues had first discovered the truth behind the façade of this Fun Fair.
Both ‘creatures’ were standing by the battle scarred glass sided case; damaged by the explosive device planted by the young girl. It had detonated and caused a glitch, but the Amusement Park had now risen from its enforced slumber and was awaiting new clients.
“Why regret?” the Ringmaster asked.
“He wishes he had never listened to Blake. He wishes he had turned him in the moment his intentions had become clear…or wishes he had had the strength to follow through his plan to leave Blake on Cygnus Alpha.”
“But he didn’t.”
“No, and that is playing on his mind. That and the betrayal by the woman he had loved; and the death of the telepath caused by…yet another woman…” The figure that was Kerr Avon sighed, if that was at all possible for a hologram.
“Perhaps we could offer him the chance to wipe the slate clean,” the Ringmaster suggested.
“He is finding it difficult…the others. It is like a burden that he must bear. All he wanted was to live somewhere where no-one could touch him…”
The Ringmaster waved a hand towards the lines of empty showman caravans, “Like here? Perhaps? We must lure him here again…and this time offer him the chance of a new start.”
“And not let the Park kill him? That will be change for it...”
“And a new beginning for us! Yes, I’m sure we can convince him. He knows me…”
‘Kerr Avon’ didn’t seem so sure of the other hologram’s pronouncement.
“He may not believe it…”
“Possibly. It seems the sensors have picked up a ship heading this way. No doubt a new interested party. We will deal with them first…”
“And Avon?”
“In time.” The Ringmaster began to walk away. ‘Kerr Avon’ followed.
“But before our resolution comes into force, let us prepare for our new guests.”
The two holograms arrived at the entrance to the Amusement Park. It was still silent; preparing itself to greet its latest visitors.
“A new start for us!” declared the Ringmaster, “and, of course, for Kerr Avon…” as both holograms faded, awaiting their reawakening….

…And in a darkened corner, lined with ancient arcade games, long forgotten by the original builders of this park, was a glass sided case. Inside was a wooden figure of a man; a man with a grotesque countenance. White, with garish colours emphasising his features; his attire somewhat worn, but that of a long time past Harlequin. He was sat on a throne, his wooden hands clutching the ornately carved arms.
His jowly face was set in a wide grin.
And he was laughing; rocking backwards and forwards in his dimly lit case…laughing.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Wow good stories Huggy, Brad and Sue. Sues your’s is really chilling.

I’ve been bereft of inspiration until I got taken out to lunch and had some wine! The first for some time. Not nearly funny enough but the best I’ve got.

Resolutions

Season 2.

Blake: I resolve to keep a few sandwiches and a bottle of vitamin supplement up my sleeves on away missions. There’s plenty of room and I think Avon and Vila would be less antsy if they knew we had something to eat and drink if things go awry ...as they so often seem to. And of course, destroy Control.

Jenna: I shall confront Blake about always assigning me to teleport duty when there’s an away mission. It’s time I reminded him that I’m a free trader and infinitely better qualified to protect him than a snarky computer technician with the most stupid gun action I’ve ever had to witness. Blake needs to understand that a woman wants more than soulful looks if life aboard this ship is going to be bearable.

Avon: I’m not going. That’s it. My resolution for the New Year. I don’t care how many freedom fighters are in danger, or how essential my skills are to the fight to bring down the Federation. I...am...just...not...going.

Cally: I suppose I ought to resolve not to keep staring into the middle distance and talking in a funny voice whenever I get bored but it’s too much fun freaking everyone out!

Vila: I’m going to drink the Liberator dry. Or pretend to. If I seem drunk no one’s going to ask me to do anything dangerous. Oh and I’m going to practice falling down whenever I hear a gunshot.

Gan: Do you think I could insist that the others ask for my opinion from time to time? I feel like a spare part.

Servalan: I shall be President before the year is out.

Travis: I’m going to get you, Blakey, even if I have to betray Mankind to do it.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Hospital waiting rooms when you’ve arrived 1.5 hours too early for your Grandaughter’s appointment and it’s not worth going anywhere else are good places to write, so I’ve just slipped in under the wire.

Justify

Of course he wants me to apologise or explain. They all do. They look at me differently, their eyes sliding away when I meet their gaze. The taint of fear or bravado colours their reactions. “Why Avon? Why?,” unvoiced but echoing, loud as a cry.

It suits me to have them like this. Perhaps now they’ll realise that this is no game. All the monsters they’ve faced, Dorian, Piri, Mueller, Belkov, Egrorian, none of them come near to being the monster I’m becoming. The monster that was Blake.

The game of winning all comes down to last man standing. Blake knew that. He’d have destroyed Star One with his bare hands and left the unwashed masses to die to bring down the Federation. I thought he was mad. Still do. I could not justify what he was doing but nor could I stop him. All I could do was to ensure that when the world was in ruins, me, mine, or at least me, would be left alive amid its ashes.

That’s all I can do...give them the same chance I give myself. It’s up to them if they take it. On that shuttle. Vila...Well, I warned him as best I could. Gave him the chance to hide before I caught up with him. To jump me even, if he had the guts.

He didn’t of course. Soolin might have; though with her it would probably have come down to who could get to the gun first. But Vila? Too bound by the thieves code. All for one.... Still at least he had the sense to hide and hide well and it saved him...for now. I’d have shot Tarrant while he was pontificating and he’d have died with his disapproving lecture warm on his lips.

So...a monster... I accept the designation. Not like Blake though...No, nothing like him. I’m not justifying this with some cant about ‘the greater good’ or ‘freedom for honest men.’ This is about survival, safety. I may not be able to keep them alive for ever and I definitely aim to be the last man, but at least I will have given them a chance. And I’m damned if I’m going to apologise for that.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
SHAGGY OG STORY

TT was in a panic. There was only one person he could talk to. He walked to the bottom of the garden, knocked on the door and entered Og’s shed with two large pizzas.

“Og, I’ve got writer’s block”, TT exclaimed. “It’s the evening of the last day of January and I can’t think of a fan fic about resolutions.”

“Me can’t think on empty stomach”, mused Og, so TT handed him the first pizza. Og swallowed the pizza, all twelve slices, in one go. “Me now had food for thought, and me have an idea!”. He started scribbling furiously.

Within minutes Og had finished, and he handed the piece of paper to TT. It read:

TT’s fan fic resolutions for 2019. None of his fan fics will:

• Break the fourth wall
• End up with Vila on Gardinos
• Exceed the 500-word-limit of the challenge
• Involve a shower scene on Xenon Base
• Have the Season Derek crew up to no good
• Have Avon confronted by another character two seconds after the end of “Blake”
• Comment on how Soolin is looking lovely
• Feature outlandish crossovers with other series
• Have the crew massacred in an alternative fashion
• Feature me (Og)

Og looked pleased with himself. “There you go, just write a fan fic that avoids all those, and it will automatically be your January tale”.

TT gave Og a concerned look. And Og understood the look.

“Oh, me see! Every one of your fan fics ALWAYS contains at least one of the above!”

“I’m more stuck than ever!”. TT handed Og the second pizza – two seconds later, it had gone.

“Ah, hold on”, said Og. He took back the bit of paper and crossed out the first sentence, and replaced it with:

TT’s fan fic resolutions for 2019. All of his fan fics will contain at least ONE if not MORE of these:

TT was ecstatic. “Og, you’ve done it! I can easily write a fan fic about one of those!”

“Me think you don’t need to! Me think you could submit this conversation as your January entry, as that would straight away break the fourth wall and would also feature me!”

“Og, you’ve saved my bacon.”

“And do you want to know where me going in now?”

TT smiled. “Tell me, Og.”

“Me going to Gardinos to meet Vila – he’s bought the planet after a dodgy deal that saw the Season Derek crew made millions of credits by bankrupting an orphanage. Me also going to Gauda Prime to say hello to Avon, and me then going Xenon Base to hand the soap to Soolin - who is looking lovely - as she is taking a steamy shower. Me then meeting up Baldrick and Percy, and we will accidentally end up poisoning the whole crew.”

“That’s great, Og. But you’ve forgotten one resolution.”

“No me haven’t. If you say ‘Og, you’re a genius’, it will bring up this fan fic to 501 words.”

TT beamed. “Og, you’re a genius.”

THE END

BradPaula
TT- loved it. But you forgot one of the resolutions... someone in the story has to always be ginger...

I'm half in a mind to dye my hair for Maximum Power. What would you do with a ginger friend?? The mind boggles....
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

TT- loved it. But you forgot one of the resolutions... someone in the story has to always be ginger...

I'm half in a mind to dye my hair for Maximum Power. What would you do with a ginger friend?? The mind boggles....

Just bring your ginger beard Wink

littlesue
So let me see...I need to have someone in the shed at the bottom of my garden...hmm I wonder who?
I also need a glass or two of wine and a trip to the hospital...but not necessarily at the same time!
Tremendous fun, all round..
But then we have Huggy and Brad..both very dark stories..
You know, this is so much more fun than having English homework or even turning over the exam paper for my O and A level English exams!!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Mrs_Underhill
Anniew wrote:
Cally: I suppose I ought to resolve not to keep staring into the middle distance and talking in a funny voice whenever I get bored but it’s too much fun freaking everyone out!

Ahaha I love this resolution! Wouldn't that be awesome for Cally to prank everyone?

Great stories here.
TT, Og's story is hilarious, please pass him my regards (and a slice of pizza)!

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Mine or Captain Rum's? Note- put on the ginger wig you got us and scared our cockatoo!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Mine or Captain Rum's? Note- put on the ginger wig you got us and scared our cockatoo!

Grin Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
20,435,123 unique visits since 8th January 2014