Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,079
· Newest Rebel: M1795537 OC Virn

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [21 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 141
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - A11 Bounty
trevor travis
The episode: Albert Eleven – Bounty * (Carry On Space Pirates)
The date: Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Blake and Cally abduct Sarkoff from Quex Park; the crew fall for the oldest smuggler’s trick in the book; and has Jenna turned traitor? And why do I always want to eat chocolate after watching this episode?

Episode in a word: Politics.
Character to cheer: It’s a good episode for Jenna, who manages to fool Tarvin for long enough, while picking off his men.
Characters to boo: Blake, for smashing Sarkoff’s collection. It’s rather cruel, to say the least, especially the manner he does it in. Gan’s a bit stupid in this one as well.
Recognisable Face: TP McKenna (Sarkoff) is a fabulous actor who has been in all sorts of things, including the 1988 Doctor Who serial, The Greatest Show In The Galaxy.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Best exchange: It’s a dialogue-rich episode, but I’m going for: SARKOFF: “Yes, my dear, you see, it's a, it's a paradox. He won because he is not the better man.” TARVIN: “What?” SARKOFF: “And yet by winning, it seems, he becomes a prince among people.” TARVIN: “Among MY people.” SARKOFF: “Does it matter which people, Tarvin? Do you care?”

Blake's 7 will return in... Carry On Lord Avon.

* Other chocolate bars are available.
Edited by trevor travis on 13 March 2019 20:40:39

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/z6QOT0e.jpg
If you don't like my new cologne, you could just say so.

Or.....

i.imgur.com/diuRucZ.jpg
Jenna?

i.imgur.com/zqzESed.jpg
Don't do it, Jenna.

i.imgur.com/z6QOT0e.jpg
I can't believe you actually fell for that.

trevor travis
i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S1E11a.png

Jenna refused to let the others go, until she found out who had tried to join the dots during the power cut the previous evening.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

If you don't like my new cologne, you could just say so.

Bwahaha! I detect a certain theme! Smile

trevor travis wrote:

i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S1E11a.png

Jenna refused to let the others go, until she found out who had tried to join the dots during the power cut the previous evening.

Interesting how Cally is also among the suspects. Cool

One Spare Part
Brad, TT - you pair have got an extra funny bone. And when Hugbot posts his troll-toon he will be the 3rd in the funny bone triumvirate. Brilliant.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad

Every time I see this scene I hear Jenna saying, "I don't trust unless I am trusted in return."

None of them trusted her.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

Every time I see this scene I hear Jenna saying, "I don't trust unless I am trusted in return."

Except Blake. Blake trusted her then.

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

Brad, TT - you pair have got an extra funny bone. And when Hugbot posts his troll-toon he will be the 3rd in the funny bone triumvirate. Brilliant.

You ought to see them when they're all together- mayhem! And a lot of laughs!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Except Blake. Blake trusted her then.[/quote]

VILA [Works on Blake's neckband] I wouldn't have thought it of Jenna.
BLAKE I'm still not sure that I believe it.

Blake doesn't show the hostility of the others, but this is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

Blake doesn't show the hostility of the others, but this is hardly a ringing endorsement.

I always interpreted Blake's phrase, together with his body language, as a quiet statement of trust in Jenna: he almost says it to himself, as in "No, Jenna wouldn't do that, I know that". Not a ringing endorsement but a subtle one.

But I guess it might also be interpreted as "I can't believe Jenna did that!" I don't interpret it like that, though, because of Blake's body language - there's no anger in his words. And also when he learned that she's on their side, he reacted as if he expected it.

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

I always interpreted Blake's phrase, together with his body language, as a quiet statement of trust in Jenna: he almost says it to himself, as in "No, Jenna wouldn't do that, I know that". Not a ringing endorsement but a subtle one.

But I guess it might also be interpreted as "I can't believe Jenna did that!" I don't interpret it like that, though, because of Blake's body language - there's no anger in his words. And also when he learned that she's on their side, he reacted as if he expected it.

To me, the telling comment is his first question, "Was Jenna behind it?" If he trusts Jenna, he does not ask that question.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

To me, the telling comment is his first question, "Was Jenna behind it?" If he trusts Jenna, he does not ask that question.

Hmm, yes, that too. I'll pay those moments extra attention on this rewatch.

One Spare Part
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Hmm, yes, that too. I'll pay those moments extra attention on this rewatch.

Maybe he is asking the question to get the othets to think hard about what they are saying.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/q0IWcKU.jpg

trevor travis
Briliant Hugbot! Poor old Sarkoff.

Mrs_Underhill

AHAHA that's brilliant!
The legend of Blake the Mad Record-Breaker! Hide your records whenever he's near!

Ah, the most memorable moment in "Bounty"...

Travisina
Mrs_Underhill wrote:
AHAHA that's brilliant!
The legend of Blake the Mad Record-Breaker! Hide your records whenever he's near!

Speaking as a collector, I think it's one of the cruelest, most unforgiveable things Blake does.
Brilliant trolls, Hugbot!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:
AHAHA that's brilliant!

Speaking as a collector, I think it's one of the cruelest, most unforgiveable things Blake does.
Brilliant trolls, Hugbot!

In our local charity shop last week a chap asked the people there if they had any Lps for sale as he and his wife melted them to make bowls. Daughter No 1 and I almost had a fit...No......we cried!
It's all right, they said,we only use ones that aren't worth anything.
'You're not having my Hubby's White Album' said I, protectively, ' Or my Monkess or my HMSSS Soundtrack or.'...the list went on!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/7d1cZDj.jpg
Cally: Space Major! Your Supreme Commander Servalan was a hamster and your Space Commander Travis smells of Elderberries.

Blake: What?

Cally: Ancient Auron curse.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
19,127,840 unique visits since 8th January 2014