Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Forever Avon - Call for Contributors!
MSI
Paul Darrow. A true talent, who brought about an all encompassing moral 'greyness' to the magnetic rogue we all came to know as Avon.... at a time when TV characters were simply black or white (ie. good or evil). Look at the BSG characters that were contemporary to the B7 crew. They were all so very one dimensional, so traditional that they seem almost poisonously cheesy now Wink
In point of fact; it really took until the re-imagined BSG before the rest of Sci-Fi telly finally managed to display all those sublimely sneaky, complex, 'grey' personality traits and actions that we viewers discovered we love so very much.
Paul, the cast, crew and writers blazed a trail, with (seemingly) little more than a budget of a fiver per episode to make all of the unexpected happen.
A magic time in my childhood, which gifted me both ideas and ideals that (politically and technologically) still deeply resonate with me.... even today Frown

P.s. I nearly fell over when I saw Paul on 'Pointless' with Michael, as I hadn't heard about his awful aneurysm and its devastating results. And then it wasn't too long before I read of his passing in one of the British online 'rag' tabloids. The only heartening thing was the plethora of comments from folks whose life Paul had (knowingly and unknowingly) touched.
To sum up?......Perhaps in an era of 20 second showbiz marriages, Paul stood out (yet again) with 50 years of sharing and caring with his beloved Janet.... RIP

Rainesz
Anniew wrote:

You have three excellent artists on this site:Rainez, Lurena and Hugbot: while the former two depict the cast realistically, Hugbot draws adorable troll versions of the characters. A direct message to each might be a good idea.

OooH! Thank you for the heads-up, Ann! I missed this post. Shock

Rainesz
KentishSpaceRat wrote:

*PROJECT UPDATE*

Inspired by the the excellent 'Doctor Who: Target Storybook' I am now looking for artists aswell as writers to contribute to the project.

Much like the 'Storybook' my idea is for each short story to be accompanied by a signular, full page peice of artwork that either represents a iconic scene/moment in the story or the story as a whole.

If you are interested in contributing artwork then please PM me on here, DO NOT contact me through the email address above unless you have already done so in the past because I will not respond to it.

I pm-ed you. Wink

KentishSpaceRat
MSI wrote:

Paul Darrow. A true talent, who brought about an all encompassing moral 'greyness' to the magnetic rogue we all came to know as Avon.... at a time when TV characters were simply black or white (ie. good or evil). Look at the BSG characters that were contemporary to the B7 crew. They were all so very one dimensional, so traditional that they seem almost poisonously cheesy now Wink
In point of fact; it really took until the re-imagined BSG before the rest of Sci-Fi telly finally managed to display all those sublimely sneaky, complex, 'grey' personality traits and actions that we viewers discovered we love so very much.
Paul, the cast, crew and writers blazed a trail, with (seemingly) little more than a budget of a fiver per episode to make all of the unexpected happen.
A magic time in my childhood, which gifted me both ideas and ideals that (politically and technologically) still deeply resonate with me.... even today Frown

P.s. I nearly fell over when I saw Paul on 'Pointless' with Michael, as I hadn't heard about his awful aneurysm and its devastating results. And then it wasn't too long before I read of his passing in one of the British online 'rag' tabloids. The only heartening thing was the plethora of comments from folks whose life Paul had (knowingly and unknowingly) touched.
To sum up?......Perhaps in an era of 20 second showbiz marriages, Paul stood out (yet again) with 50 years of sharing and caring with his beloved Janet.... RIP

That was beautiful Space Rat, couldn't of said it better myself! Thanks for sharing Smile

https://somethingofvalue66412944.wordpress.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
23,216,085 unique visits since 8th January 2014