Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Which script should I pitch?
Vox Populi Vox Populi 100%[2 Votes]
Scarlet Revolution Scarlet Revolution 0%[0 Votes]
Athena Athena 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 2
 Print Thread
Good news, everyone!
sweevo
(In Professor Farnsworth's voice) Good news, everyone! Smile

I have received a request to submit one of my scripts for possible representation by a management company in LA. I have to choose VERY carefully, since the first impression is the only chance I've got. My three strongest scripts are:

"Vox Populi", a dystopian action-thriller inspired by Brexit (the UK's intention to leave the EU). Think movies like Akira and Escape from New York fused with 1984.

"Scarlet Revolution", the first part of a trilogy based on my novel, which can be downloaded here: https://filebin.n...zaaxg5hnx5.

"Athena", the first of two planned films and a loose remake of SR.

I will give the blurbs for each story to assist you, and you can choose which one to vote for.

Vox Populi: In the early 21st Century, following the collapse of Great Britain, a fearless vigilante and a naive diplomat are the British people's last hope in ending the Neo-Conservative Government's iron rule.

Scarlet Revolution: An autistic college graduate discovers a dark secret about the technocratic society in which he lives, and a grim, tense struggle unfolds.

Athena: A trio of mercenaries with the aid of a former spy fight a guerrilla war against a cabal intent on global technocracy.

I must choose which one I want to submit. I welcome feedback and I will choose when enough votes have been cast.

Happy voting!
S.

JustBrad
ha ha... I read the thread title in Professor Farnsworth's voice.

Congratulations and good luck.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
In my opinion I'd say Vox Populi as the first choice with Scarlet Revolution coming in a close second. Good luck, Sweevo!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Thank you. Smile I might just send all three - after all, I know how to get responses from such agencies now (took me long enough - 15+ years), so what the hell?

BradPaula
Good idea. Why not send them all?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Teale_Avon
"Vox Populi: In the early 21st Century, following the collapse of Great Britain, a fearless vigilante and a naive diplomat are the British people's last hope in ending the Neo-Conservative Government's iron rule.."

Imho this seems a bit partisan; as though a Marxist Government's iron rule would be any better...
Not sure it is a good idea to potentially divide one half of an audience as the country is split on the question.
So I'd vote for the whichever one is the least judgemental of the two sides...

One Spare Part
Teale_Avon wrote:

"Vox Populi: In the early 21st Century, following the collapse of Great Britain, a fearless vigilante and a naive diplomat are the British people's last hope in ending the Neo-Conservative Government's iron rule.."

Imho this seems a bit partisan; as though a Marxist Government's iron rule would be any better...
Not sure it is a good idea to potentially divide one half of an audience as the country is split on the question.
So I'd vote for the whichever one is the least judgemental of the two sides...

Agreed. I think Vox Populi would divide and also go badly out of date.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

briggsy1
Dark, dystopian futures.. these all sound a bit B7-ish - which can only be a good thing imo.

sweevo
I chose to send the Athena story. As much as I like challenging norms, traditions and conventions as exemplified in Vox Populi, I don't want to get targeted and possibly murdered horribly by someone with less brains than a Macaque Rhesus monkey following the first course of a Vietnamese wedding banquet (I got that from Red Dwarf Smile ) - I'll have to wait for the smoke to clear and dust to settle. Thank you, everyone. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
23,216,124 unique visits since 8th January 2014