Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 157
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Netflix ?.
steveothen
I've just posted this on Gallifrey base, so thought i'd put it here as well:
I'm quite surprised that Netflix, or a similar company haven't picked up the rights to make a brand new Blakes 7 series, i can only assume it may be down to cost, perhaps the Terry Nation estate wants to much for the rights ?, ( assuming they own them at the moment ? ), but i'd of thought B7 was ripe for a re-boot, as long as they don't go all PC about it, i think the original series was as un-PC as you can get.

I don't want "NU-BLAKE " , "NU-WHO" is bad enough.

wall1885
the trouble is we live in a PC World that didnt exist in the 1970's. If B7 was remade it wouldnt be the same as we know and love. We are hoping for something that takes us back to our youthful days, it just wont happen.
You'll get a bunch of criminals steal a powerful spacecraft and fight the Federation....thats will be all we get that resembles our B7....the rest will just annoy us as we wont be able to detatch ourselves and will always be comparing it to the original....as Doctor Who fans do

steveothen
wall1885 wrote:

the trouble is we live in a PC World that didnt exist in the 1970's. If B7 was remade it wouldnt be the same as we know and love. We are hoping for something that takes us back to our youthful days, it just wont happen.
You'll get a bunch of criminals steal a powerful spacecraft and fight the Federation....thats will be all we get that resembles our B7....the rest will just annoy us as we wont be able to detatch ourselves and will always be comparing it to the original....as Doctor Who fans do

Hmmm, i get your point, it would be nice if it could be brought back, but stay faithful to the original idea, but i guess that would be hard to achieve in today's, annoying PC world.

JustBrad
Wall 1885 has a valid point, but the simple fact is that the rights to B7 are a mess.

The Terry Nation estate owns the rights to every character that Terry created, while other writers retain the rights to their work.

This is why Bayban and Soolin do not appear in Big Finish stories. They are not Terry Nation creations. BF has the rights to Terry Natoin's creations, but not the other writers. Thus, characters created by someone other than Terry Nation cannot appear in Big Finish stories.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

wall1885

Hmmm, i get your point, it would be nice if it could be brought back, but stay faithful to the original idea, but i guess that would be hard to achieve in today's, annoying PC world.

I would love it back but it would have to feel like the original show, I know I wouldnt get that :-(

steveothen
wall1885 wrote:

I would love it back but it would have to feel like the original show, I know I wouldnt get that :-(

Yeah, me too, but i'd like to see a re-boot, just to see if they could make something good out of it, the original will always be the best i suspect, as has been proven with new dr who.

JustBrad
wall1885 wrote:

I think it would be a hard sell to get the old fans (looks around the forum and waves) to accept anyone other than Gareth, Paul, Michael, and Jacs in the roles they created.

At the Audition...

Famous Actor: I'm auditioning for the role of Kerr Avon.
Casting Director: Say, 'Well, now.'
Famous Actor: "Well..."
Casting Director: NEXT!
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.31 seconds
22,423,765 unique visits since 8th January 2014