Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

What do I call this damned story of mine?
Olympus Mons Olympus Mons 0%[0 Votes]
The Rhodium Golems The Rhodium Golems 50%[1 Vote]
Other (please specify) Other (please specify) 50%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 2
 Print Thread
Title for my next (possibly last) novel?
sweevo
Dear Horizon,

I have recently completed my 4th - yes, 4TH - novel, even though it's technically a remake of my 2nd novel, Scarlet Revolution (written over a period of about a decade). However, I cannot come up with a decent title which encapsulates the theme of the story, and I have a few policies of my own:

- I cannot use Latin titles if I can help it
- I cannot use a title which is too commonplace or ubiquitous
- I cannot use a title I have already used in the past
- The title has to define the story and/or its themes

Here's the basic blurb and synopsis:

Blurb: The story of a group of mercenaries with morals, a pair of femme fatales with hearts and a well-intentioned extremist with a brain, spanning over half a century of corruption and vigilante justice.

Synopsis: The Rhodium Golems – a group of dogs of war consisting of pilot-cum-computer hacker Vincenzo Corbucci, pragmatic rifleman and ex-Spetsnaz officer Nikolai Rostavili, and Machiavellian medic and former Gendarme Jacques Dubois – uncover a dark secret when they awaken ex-assassin Hiroka Noguchi from cryogenic stasis during a routine scavenging mission. Thanks to the former hitwoman, they learn about a controversial experiment to create the ultimate warrior called Project Athena, in which she and her friend Elsa Lindblom were used as lab rats. Aided by their newfound ally and motivated by honour, the mercenaries travel the globe to find out more about the 5 Elements, a powerful organisation with ties to Project Athena, and to rescue Elsa from whatever fate lies in store for her…

If you're wondering why I don't use "Project Athena" as its title, then it's because it violates the 2nd directive of my story-titling policy - too many shows and movies use it as titles for their own franchises, and "The 5 Elements" is too close to the 1997 sci-fi flick The 5th Element. At this point, I've narrowed it down to two (2) titles - you can vote for them, or you can suggest alternative titles in comments/replies. If the title of the poll sounds a bit like I'm exasperated, then it's because I am. I'm sick of writing this story to perfection (10+ years) and I'm ready to move onto new material. The story is inspired by games like Metal Gear Solid and Kane & Lynch: Dead Men while integrating the moral ambiguity for which B7 is infamous along with some humour reminiscent of Red Dwarf, and some anime influences are also present.

I'm off to sleep after a week and a half of writing this 435-page magnum opus. Happy voting. Smile

Yours sincerely,
S.

BradPaula
The Rhodium Golems sounds very interesting to me.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
I'm just worried if people will "get" it (Rhodium is the rarest and most precious metal in the world, even more so than gold and platinum, while a Golem is a creature from Jewish mythology that comes to life despite being made from inanimate matter such as clay, stone or metal).

One Spare Part
Is there a phenomena of space that you could name it after? Although I am not enough of a scientist to suggest something of that ilk.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
"Zodiac Nebula", maybe, in keeping in tune with the international characters and intergenerational conflicts (a Godfather-like story for one group of characters, a brother trying to save his sister in another, and a band of mercenaries with morals in yet another, all working towards a common good).

One Spare Part
Just been looking at some stellar terminology and found - OB Association https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_astronomy
Any use?
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Henry Eggleton
The Morally Incorupt
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
sweevo
Thanks, OSP. Smile I did some backtracking through my earlier works and it seems I've stumbled on another potential title - Icon of the Defender (originally the name of the 3rd act in Scarlet Revolution, of which this story is a semi-remake). I got the name from a power-up in the "Serpent Riders" trilogy of FPS games (Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Hexen: Beyond Heretic, Hexen 2).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
23,216,023 unique visits since 8th January 2014