Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,167
· Newest Rebel: simon63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
13% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 164
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jan 2020 Ficlet Challenge
littlesue
This month I have combined both prompts into one story….
...and Lurena had great fun with the picture this time!.....

Part One
TEMPERANCE SEVEN

“What are you doing, Vila? Blake said wait here while he looks round…”
“He could be ages yet; besides, it’s going to pour down any minute, so why don’t we make ourselves comfortable?”
“Where?” Avon asked absently, eyeing the darkening sky.
“In here,” Vila replied,”…it’s open…”
“Now, I wonder how that happened? It was locked a few minutes ago; I tried it.”
“Well, you know me…”
“Yes, only too well…”

They found themselves in a large room with tables and chairs and what appeared to be a long bar running along the back of the room.
“Vila, this is an establishment for the consumption of alcoholic beverages…”
“It is?” Vila asked innocently, “Well, fancy that…” and he busied himself inspecting the numerous shelves and cupboards.
“Yes, just fancy that….” Avon replied finding a seat next to the window.
It was raining now and streams of water flowed down the glass. Pity poor Blake, Avon thought, out there in this weather…
“That’s not fair,” Vila said.
”What isn’t?”
“The cellar; completely devoid of any casks. Fancy that, a pub with no beer…”
“Yes, fancy that….”
“Let me guess,” Vila began, “You never once entered such a place as this?”
“No, I didn’t. I never sought to imbibe anything alcoholic…”
“You’re a great advert for the Temperance movement.”
Vila opened a cupboard and an array of games spilled out; dominoes, cribbage, shove credit, a pack of cards, darts…and right at the back was a dusty bottle…
“Oh yes,” Vila cried out.
”What is it now?” Avon asked.
“Only a bottle of the finest Brandy this side of…anywhere. Must have been stashed away and forgotten about. Hey, while we’re waiting why don’t we have a game?”
“A game?” Avon asked in a bored tone.
“Yes. How about cards? Highest card wins…”
“Wins what?”
“A sip of that Brandy…and then maybe a game of darts. We used to play that at the Juvenile Centre…not real darts, mind, no that was too dangerous. We could have used them to kill some of the warders…Come on, Avon. For once in your life, unbend a bit; stop being an uptight Alpha Grade.”
“Highest Card wins?”
“Yep.”
“And you expect me to trust you with regards to dealing out these cards?”
“I shuffle them and then you can cut the pack. Don’t you trust me?”
Avon stared at Vila; a picture of innocence.
He looked at the outside world again; still teeming with rain.
“All right, Ace’s high, I take it?”
“Absolutely…”
“And then a game with these darts?”
Vila nodded.
“And the winner gets to sip some of that Brandy? Me against you?”
And for the first time that day, Avon smiled.

Part Two
‘….They’re Coming

“One Hundred and Eighty!”
Gan stopped Blake as they neared the supposedly deserted building, now brightly lit and obviously filled with some joyous cheer.
Both were wet through.
They had searched thoroughly for the rebels that were supposed to be here, but it was obvious that they and the people who lived on this out of the way colony had left in a hurry, but someone, so it seemed, was still here and living life to the full.

“That sounded like Vila,” Gan whispered.
“What’s 180 got to do with it?” Blake asked.
“It’s a game of darts. I could never play it properly because of the limiter. My maths wasn’t so good. But Vila? He won every time.”

A very wet and bedraggled Blake joined Vila at bar.
“What’s going on, Vila?”
“Just a little game to pass the time…”
“Game? With whom?”
“Avon…”
“Where is…?”
Gan was stood by one of the tables, staring down at a somewhat inebriated Avon lying on the bench seat.
“Vila?...” Blake began.
“He kept on winning. Never seen anything like it.”
Blake picked up the almost empty Brandy bottle.
“And this?”
“Every time he won…he had a drink.”
“Vila, Avon is, as far as I know, tea-total. And he’s drunk all of this?”
“Yep. I never had a chance. Not a single drop has passed my lips. I’m totally sober.”
Gan was inspecting the very suspect dart board. His maths may not have been up to scratch but even he knew that three darts outside the actual board did not make 180!
“Anyway,” Vila said, changing the subject,” Did you find those Rebels?”
Blake shook his head.
“Oh dear…”
Just then, Jenna’s urgent voice came over the comms on Blake’s bracelet.
“Blake, they’ve found out about us, they’re coming!”
“Time to leave. Cally, bring us up.”

In the teleport section, Cally stared in disbelief as Gan hauled Avon to his feet and walked him to his cabin. Blake was still eyeing Vila with a distinct look of suspicion.
“I’d better join Jenna on the Flight Deck; those Pursuit ships will be on us soon…”
Cally waited until she and Vila were alone.
“Vila, I presume you have an explanation…?”
“Look, it’s not my fault that Avon can’t hold his drink.” Vila took the almost empty bottle of Brandy and the pack of cards from inside his tunic. “Um, how about…pick a card.”
“You should know better than that to ask me…”
Vila shrugged as Cally left to join Blake and Jenna on the Flight Deck.
“Oh well, shame to see it go to waste.”
He quickly unscrewed the top and took a long swig of the golden liquid.
He smiled.
Avon would not be pleased at all about Vila’s trick….even if he could remember anything at all about the last few hours. Which Vila very much doubted.
Still, it was quite an experience to see the usually upright, temperate Alpha Grade Avon succumbed to the delights of this rather fine, vintage Brandy.
Vila took another swig.
Yes, there were definitely advantages to be had from not being of a temperate nature.
He replaced the screw cap and looked at the bottle and its faded label.
“Cheers!” he beamed, before putting the bottle safely inside his tunic, and then sauntering off to join the others on the Flight Deck.

i.imgur.com/eKs6CzO.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

GanMiniMe
Littlesue, I love it! The thought of a plastered Avon has kept me grinning most of the afternoon. That and the thought of what happened once the brandy wore off!!

And great picture, Lurena!

Anniew
Oh Sue. Poor Vila when hungover Avon catches up with him. I loved Gan working out that the maths didn’t add up. And great picture Lurena.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

stormypetrel
Ha! I have a feeling Vila might live to regret this, Littlesue...

Bunn1cula
I have an entry for this month (juuuuuust sliding in there) but it's a little long at 1500 words and perhaps a little PG-13 for a little adult humor. Is it ok to post here?

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/bunn1cula
Anniew
Bunnicular we only post stories suitable for 13 year olds. If we write anything a bit more risqué then we usually post to AO3. I’d love to read your story so please post it there if you think it’s a bit too hot for this site.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

GanMiniMe
Anniew wrote:

Bunnicular we only post stories suitable for 13 year olds. If we write anything a bit more risqué then we usually post to AO3. I’d love to read your story so please post it there if you think it’s a bit too hot for this site.

I’d love to read it, too! What’s AO3?

stormypetrel
GanMiniMe wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Archive Of Our Own- https://archiveof...%207/works

You might recognise one or two names over there! Not all risqué, some just too long for on here.

GanMiniMe
stormypetrel wrote:

GanMiniMe wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Archive Of Our Own- https://archiveof...%207/works

You might recognise one or two names over there! Not all risqué, some just too long for on here.

Thanks! Looks like the housework is not going to get done today...

rojroj
GanMiniMe wrote:

Anniew wrote:

If you're on Facebook, you can also join our Blake's 7 Fanfiction group where we discuss and recommend fics -- lots of authors are there as well :)

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
rojroj
Here's the URL

https://www.faceb...741185308/

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
GanMiniMe
Thanks, guys! I love the fan fiction on here- it keeps B7 alive and explores people and themes that don’t always get covered in great depth in the episodes.

Travisina
Bunn1cula wrote:

I have an entry for this month (juuuuuust sliding in there) but it's a little long at 1500 words and perhaps a little PG-13 for a little adult humor. Is it ok to post here?

Hi Bunn1cula - I should have replied sooner. Thanks, Annie and rojroj, for linking to AO3 and the Facebook group.

Regarding length:
While we do publish longer stories on Horizon, the ficlet challenges are meant to be what it says on the tin: a short-short story, vignette or scene of up to 500 words. However, it's all meant to be fun, the rules aren't strictly enforced and people do sometimes exceed the word count.

Longer stories can be submitted to Horizon - you can read them here: FanFic

Regarding PG-rating:
In terms of sex, violence and language, we keep to the type of thing seen on screen. So, nothing too graphic or explicit.

If you'd like to submit a story for consideration on Horizon, you can email it to me:
Travisinab7@gmail.com
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
24,416,761 unique visits since 8th January 2014