Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Pratchett Re-read
M1795537 OC Virn
(Or read, for those new to his stuff)

Which book?

I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable and I'm not going to list them all. If you have a preference, please let me know.
Otherwise it's 'Pyramids'.

Also, any suggestions as to how we organise this thing? Just our comments?
Or do we do it the Federation way, with a set time to do it together, or an agreed amount, followed by random comments? Discussion topics (boring!!), tests/exams.... what?
You're not sulking, I hope?

Travisina
Happy to read 'Pyramids' - it's been a while (just checked to make sure where it is on the double-layer of Pratchett books shelf). Unless others have another preference? Suggestions welcome.

How about setting a regular time to chat about it, wherever we've got up to with reading it? We don't have to commit to finishing an agreed amount by a certain time, and random comments (and indeed, going off topic as we do during rewatches) could be fun.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

stormypetrel
Do I have time to order a copy? I havenít read much Pratchett, but Iíd like to join in, as long as Iím not required to make deep and meaningful comments at every turn! Random ones, however, I can probably manageSmile

Joe Dredd
Definitely, stormy. Go for it!

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Do I have time to order a copy? I havenít read much Pratchett, but Iíd like to join in, as long as Iím not required to make deep and meaningful comments at every turn! Random ones, however, I can probably manageSmile

Yes, of course! We'll decide on a day/time to suit, once you've got it - we can do a poll.

rojkerr1
Reaper man

rojkerr1
Guards guards...reminds me of paul

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

Guards guards...reminds me of paul

It's one of my fave Pratchetts, and Paul was great as Capt Vimes. Maybe we can do that after Pyramids?

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

Let us know when you're ready. We won't start without you. Unless you take too long.

Maybe we'll have decided on a when by then.
When, everyone?

Day? TIME?

Order of Service:
Looks like it's Pyramids, then Guards Guards, then Reaper Man. Makes a mockery of the Discworld timeline, but who cares?

stormypetrel
Ordered! Dunno when itíll arrive, though.

sweevo
I don't mind. Smile

Travisina

If people here can suggest days/times that work best for them, I'll do a poll.

I work during the day (from home now, but still actual RL work), so would prefer evenings or weekends. Not Tues evening or Sat mornings, because rewatches.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I can join in. I just need to get it out of storage.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
I have ordered the book, since I can't get it from the library I work in, it being in self isolation. As you know, I am very shy and may be too nervous to chat about it....
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
ha!

sweevo
How are we going to do this? Does one of us narrate while the others read along, or do we take turns in doing so (I have some experience in this area)?

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

If people here can suggest days/times that work best for them, I'll do a poll.

I work during the day (from home now, but still actual RL work), so would prefer evenings or weekends. Not Tues evening or Sat mornings, because rewatches.

Same like you, really.

M1795537 OC Virn
Now we're getting somewhere. We'll do it in an evening, and not Tuesday. How about Thursday? Nicely between rewatches. Spread the B7 fun.
Is 7.45pm about right? It's not like anyone's going anywhere anytime soon.

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

How are we going to do this? Does one of us narrate while the others read along, or do we take turns in doing so (I have some experience in this area)?

I was thinking that we'd just chat about it, as we do with the rewatches (or in RL book clubs).
What we like, what we don't like, marks out of 5, random off-topic chat, coffee and cake...

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere. We'll do it in an evening, and not Tuesday. How about Thursday? Nicely between rewatches. Spread the B7 fun.
Is 7.45pm about right? It's not like anyone's going anywhere anytime soon.

That would work for me. How about everyone else?
I suggest starting next week (2nd April) to give people a chance to a) get hold of the book and b ) read it.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
25,092,492 unique visits since 8th January 2014