Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 18

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,218
· Newest Rebel: Jason

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [25 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [27 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [29 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [21 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 179
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Rewatch Australia C6: City at the Edge of the World - Sat 11th July
Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?

It's terrific the way he carries the whole thing without seeming too out of character too brave, too smart etc. The way his talents are kept low-key but apparent. Excellent writing.


That's very true, Obsidian. I hadn't really thought about it. It's that old 'when you do your job well, no one notices.' If Vila had been acting out of character, we'd all notice.

The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.
 
mrsbookmark
Take care all! Had a great time.
 
Obsidian
mrsbookmark wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?

It's terrific the way he carries the whole thing without seeming too out of character too brave, too smart etc. The way his talents are kept low-key but apparent. Excellent writing.



Michael Keating does an amazing job keeping the character real. All seasons he gives a solid performance. I think he's the only character in every episode. I also love Keating on many of the Big Finish stuff.


Yes, great acting as Travisina said. When I saw him in Julius Caesar with Charlton Heston, he may have had a small role but it's an important role and he was excellent. All these people should have gone far in "the pictures".
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
Thanks for the company, everybody - this was a wonderful rewatch.
Aussies, enjoy your Downunder dinners!
Meegat, hope your hangover isn't too bad.

Stay safe and well, everybody - wherever you are in the world.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
Vila is the only character to appear in all 52 eps of B7.


Avon makes up for missing the first one by appearing in a Wimpy commercial.
 
Tyce
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?

It's terrific the way he carries the whole thing without seeming too out of character too brave, too smart etc. The way his talents are kept low-key but apparent. Excellent writing.


That's very true, Obsidian. I hadn't really thought about it. It's that old 'when you do your job well, no one notices.' If Vila had been acting out of character, we'd all notice.

The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.

Very good point Obsidian. Michael is awesome!
 
Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?

It's terrific the way he carries the whole thing without seeming too out of character too brave, too smart etc. The way his talents are kept low-key but apparent. Excellent writing.


That's very true, Obsidian. I hadn't really thought about it. It's that old 'when you do your job well, no one notices.' If Vila had been acting out of character, we'd all notice.

The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.


Now you've got me thinking Joe...
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Joe Dredd
Well, that was fun.

Thanks everyonew for your company, and for those having breakfast or dinner, I hope you all enjoy whatever you are eating.

Good night!
 
Obsidian
mrsbookmark wrote:

Take care all! Had a great time.


Bye Mrs.B!

I had a great time too. Can't type fast enough though.

Look forward to catching up again next week. Stay safe all.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?


The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.


Now you've got me thinking Joe...


# "It's fun to stay on the D - S - V - 2,
D - S - V - 2..."
 
Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Well, that was fun.

Thanks everyonew for your company, and for those having breakfast or dinner, I hope you all enjoy whatever you are eating.

Good night!


Glass of vino first...
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:





Some very happy Vila people?


The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.


Now you've got me thinking Joe...


# "It's fun to stay on the D - S - V - 2,
D - S - V - 2..."


Aaaaarrrrggggh!Oops
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Some very happy Vila people?


The Vila People is a great name for a band, by the way.


Now you've got me thinking Joe...


# "It's fun to stay on the D - S - V - 2,
D - S - V - 2..."

GrinGrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:

Now you've got me thinking Joe...


Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Now I know what you mean. Get a flash mob in the street to create a diversion.

A diversion for a particularly daring gem heist.

I like it, it sounds more manageable than training all those mosquitos.
 
Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Now you've got me thinking Joe...


Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Now I know what you mean. Get a flash mob in the street to create a diversion.

A diversion for a particularly daring gem heist.

I like it, it sounds more manageable than training all those mosquitos.

I can hear you whispering, you know!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
Forgot to say - on the subject of Marmite (and its antipodean cousin Vege) - the reason it's in short supply at the moment is because it's a by-product of the yeast used in the brewing industry.

The breweries scaled back production during lockdown 'cos the pubs were all closed. Now that they've reopened, it will be interesting to see if Marmite supplies likewise recover.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Joe Dredd
Vegemite is made from brewers yeast too (or as you say, a byproduct). We don't have any supply issues with Vegemite because we don't stop making beer for anyone.

President Obama once said it "tastes like medicine." I can't find the particular clip but here's another one of his takes on it, with PM-at-the-time Julia Gillard).

Speaking of beer, don't turn your glass upside down in a pub.
 
Joe Dredd
wrote:
I can hear you whispering, you know!


Who said that?
 
Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Vegemite is made from brewers yeast too (or as you say, a byproduct). We don't have any supply issues with Vegemite because we don't stop making beer for anyone.

Yay, Aussies have their priorities right! Grin

President Obama once said it "tastes like medicine." I can't find the particular clip but here's another one of his takes on it, with PM-at-the-time Julia Gillard).

Great clip Grin
Anyone who hasn't grown up with it Marmite hates it - I once offered a bite of Marmite sandwich (spread thinly, as appropriate) to an Israeli classmate and she actually had to run outside and throw up! Marmite is so well known for being a thing you either love or hate that it's used as a shortcut description of other things, eg controversial artwork or celebrities. If someone or something is described as being 'a bit Marmite', everyone knows what that means.


Superb!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
Anyone who hasn't grown up with it Marmite hates it - I once offered a bite of Marmite sandwich (spread thinly, as appropriate) to an Israeli classmate and she actually had to run outside and throw up!


Much like the pigeon in this, I imagine.

Vegemite's the same. Unless you're weaned on it, it seems a very hard taste to learn to like.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
27,255,385 unique visits since 8th January 2014