Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 1,249
· Newest Rebel: Teleport

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Joban and Ardus
Deva
Were Joban and Ardus the same man?
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

JustBrad
Deva wrote:

Were Joban and Ardus the same man?

Not the same man, but played by the same actor, Kevin Stoney.

Remember B7 was originally aired in 1978-1981, even before the advent of the VCR.
No one expected people would still be watching the series, over and over, forty years later.

The same occurs with John Bryans, who plays both Senator Bercol in Trial, and Shrinker in Rumors of Death.
And Julia Vidler, who plays Avalon in Project Avalon, and Barr in Powerplay.

I'm sure there are others that our members can point out.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Deva
Although there a number of instances of characters appearing who look spookily like people we've encountered before, Tel Varon and Zee, Bercol and Shrinker, Fleet Warden Samor and Egrorian, all spring to mind, and Soolin was understandably sheepish about her past as a mutoid, I have always wondered if Joban and Ardus might be the same man. I doubt that was the intention but it would be interesting I think if Ardus was the broken remnant of the once proud and powerful Joban, who fell foul of the various power struggles and purges after the Federation collapsed following the intergalactic war.
Edited by Deva on 20 November 2020 16:42:54

Deva
[i]Remember B7 was originally aired in 1978-1981, even before the advent of the VCR.
No one expected people would still be watching the series, over and over, forty years later.
[/i]
Good point.

JustBrad
Deva wrote:

... I would be interesting I think if Ardus was the broken remnant of the once proud and powerful Joban, who fell foul of the various power struggles and purges after the Federation collapsed following the intergalactic war.

You should turn that into a short fan fiction and post it in our November 2020 Fanfic Challenges thread.
It could be made to fit both of this month's themes, 'Pride' or 'An Invitation.'

http://www.blakes...ost_186795
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Hugbot
I like to think of him as Joban Ardus ...or Ardus Joban.

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

I like to think of him as Joban Ardus ...or Ardus Joban.

Banjo Duras?
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
I think they could be related, but Joban seems a much more powerful figure than Ardus. He seems to be on a level footing with Servalan. With a dictatorship like the Federation, you either keep that position or end up dead.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Not the same man, but played by the same actor, Kevin Stoney.

Remember B7 was originally aired in 1978-1981, even before the advent of the VCR.

True, but Kevin Stoney is a very distinctive actor, and very well known in the fantasy genre, having played not one but two of the most memorable villains in Doctor Who - Mavic Chen in the 12-part Daleks' Masterplan and Tobias Vaughan in the 8-part Invasion. He had more screen time than some companions!

I think some dedicated genre viewers would have recognised him when he appeared as Ardus and then noticed he was Joban as well.

Mavic Chen and Tobias Vaughan are definitely not the same man. Joban and Ardus could be, although Joban seems far,far higher up in the Federation. I don't think you end up demoted in the Federation - you end up executed!

Annie
Have we ruled out identical twins?
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Annie
Separated at birth because their mother could only cope with one child.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

One Spare Part
And then there is the clonemaster.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
29,446,071 unique visits since 8th January 2014