Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles rewatch 11.X Remnants
Ellen York
ClareGC wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Molybdenum Brown. Is she a cousin to Perpugilliam Brown?

There can't be many parents that would give their kids those names, lol. If they are related, I can't imaging they'd want to spend time together.

You would be surprised what people will name their kids. Though I haven't yet encountered a Molybdenum.

I have nephews called Morgan Morgan, Wellington and Tradewinds. An element of the periodic table sounds quite fitting in space - and at least there's a good story behind her being called Molybdenum.

And at least Molly is and okay nickname. If I had been a boy my mum wanted to name me Napoleon. Fortunately she thought better of it by the time my brother came along.

ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

Would Libby actually survive ploughing through a sun, even the one mentioned.

Avon mentioned in the story how everyone knows fire is catastrophic on a spaceship, as the hull buckles and everyone dies (roughly). Either that sun is a special one, or Liberator is even more special than I'd thought.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

ClareGC
Ellen York wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Jenna should shoot Avon after this Grin

It would serve him right.

Jenna was very restrained, just keeping her gun on Avon at the end, until they got the others back.

ClareGC
Ellen York wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Molybdenum Brown. Is she a cousin to Perpugilliam Brown?

There can't be many parents that would give their kids those names, lol. If they are related, I can't imaging they'd want to spend time together.

You would be surprised what people will name their kids. Though I haven't yet encountered a Molybdenum.

I have nephews called Morgan Morgan, Wellington and Tradewinds. An element of the periodic table sounds quite fitting in space - and at least there's a good story behind her being called Molybdenum.

And at least Molly is and okay nickname. If I had been a boy my mum wanted to name me Napoleon. Fortunately she thought better of it by the time my brother came along.

I'm glad you weren't a boy then. I've always thought parents who give their kids ridiculous names, should have until the kid starts school to rescind it, or the kid gets to rename the parents... fluffy bunnikins and poo poo head Smile

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

The teleport is convenient for disposing of corpses into space.

Surely a wase of a bracelet, though. Why not use an airlock?
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:
Since it's served in a pirate bar, rum could be a good base... Der Gute Pott is a nice rum (60%).

Hubby and I have recently discovered Kraken Rum, and it's now our favourite!

I drank a pint of Captain Morgan's spiced rum all by myself at the holidays last year.

Reading that, just makes me feel ill these days, lol. Well done though!

I once drank a full bottle of navy rum, and woke up at home in my bed, with a banana sandwich stuck to my thigh. I was only 19 though, and watching the extremely exciting premier of Lethal Weapon 2.

GrinGrin
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Simon Guerrier is definitely one of the better writers at Big Finish for Avon!

His dialogue captures Avon's tone and style very well.
My views are my own.

ClareGC
I really loved this story, especially how the different parts of it were woven together. The mission where the rest of the crew died was a minor part of the story, but was believeable (although we knew it couldn't be true). I can imagine Avon and Jenna both behaving the way they did, except maybe Avon flying into the sun, and Jenna not taking any of the precious stone from the strong room.
Thanks for the company everyone. I'm looking forward to the next series next week.

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

I have nephews called Morgan Morgan, Wellington and Tradewinds.

Seriously?!?
One of the episodes of 'Fat Friends' I worked on had a female character called Mercedes (it's an actual Spanish name), her brother was called Bentley and the dog was called Rover!

An element of the periodic table sounds quite fitting in space - and at least there's a good story behind her being called Molybdenum.

There are loads of good names to befound in the periodic table - not just the actual name-names (Einsteinium) - but eg Argon and Polonium, which sound quite Shakesperean.

2018 Elements Song

My views are my own.

Travisina
Sorry to have dropped out earlier - was supposed to have a Zoom, but it didn't happen and I was left hanging around waiting. Pah.
My views are my own.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
34,152,569 unique visits since 8th January 2014