Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 1.1 Fractures
ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

I've said this before... if I was on the Liberator, I'd have a gun with me at all times. And especially if we'd only just outrun Travis and a squad of pursuit ships, escaping from the unknown-risk derelict zone, with the ship damaged.

I'd have a gun with me at all times, even Avon was a crew-mate!

Yes, it's always a risk with Avon on board.

Strangely Vila is trusting Avon all through this. Avon does work it out quickly.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

ClareGC
This speech from the alien taking on all of the crew's voices is breathtaking to listen too. I wonder if the actors understood the story as they were recording all these incomplete sentances.

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

This speech from the alien taking on all of the crew's voices is breathtaking to listen too. I wonder if the actors understood the story as they were recording all these incomplete sentances.

Possibly they each did all the lines, and it was superbly assembled by the sound editor.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Possibly they each did all the lines, and it was superbly assembled by the sound editor.

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest that.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

ClareGC
I hadn't realised Avon's gun would come in useful, as I thought of the alien as a swirly electronic sound over the voices it was imitating (not remembering it was also taking on their visual forms). Let this be a lesson to the crew that they should carry guns on their unsafe ship.

Travisina
Great final scene, setting up the premise for the series (Let's put the search for Star One on hold while we do this other thing...)
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

BradPaula
Well, that was good. Hope to be here tomorrow for the Rewatch. If not, sorry. Need to get my tire done. 'Night.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Intriguing tale that one!

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Well, that was good. Hope to be here tomorrow for the Rewatch. If not, sorry. Need to get my tire done. 'Night.

Good luck, Paula!
My views are my own.

trevor travis
My ratings, so apologies if anyone disagrees:

The Turing Test 9
Solitary 8
Counterfeit 6
The Magnificent Four 9
False Positive 8
Wolf 8
(Warship 9)
Armageddon Storm (Part 1) 7
Armageddon Storm (Part 2) 8
Armageddon Storm (Part 3) 6
Promises 9
Epitaph 3
Kerr 8
Logic 10
Risk Management 7
Three 10+
Incentive 9
Jenna's Story 5
Blake's Story 6
Spy 7
Disorder 9
The Hard Road 8
President 9
The Sea Of Iron 4
Spoils 10
Defector 7
Planetfall 6
Secrets 9
Velandra 9*need another listen - could be a 10!
Retribution 7
Ministry Of Peace 5
Brother 7
Poison 9
Escape From Destiny 5
Remnants 8
Corners Of The Mind 8
Capital 7
Punishment 9

Fractures 9

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest that.

I have no idea how audio stories (as opposed to audiobooks) are recorded, but that seems reasonable. I saw one episode of one TV show recorded, and I was surprised at how many times the actors were told to go back and re-act sections, even partway through the sentances, to allow for the episode to be put together in slightly different ways.

ClareGC
Ah, that was great. Thanks for starting on the full cast audios, TT. See you all for the next one!

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

I have no idea how audio stories (as opposed to audiobooks) are recorded, but that seems reasonable. I saw one episode of one TV show recorded, and I was surprised at how many times the actors were told to go back and re-act sections, even partway through the sentances, to allow for the episode to be put together in slightly different ways.

Well, now - in my previous incarnation I was a Film/TV editor, and got to put all the bits together. Fabulous job, that was Smile
My views are my own.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.97 seconds
34,153,841 unique visits since 8th January 2014