Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 1.2 Battleground
ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

This started off OK, but already seems to be changed into a load of sound effects. Rather than fight sequences we can't see, why not have dialogue between the characters that we can hear?

I'm fortunate that I enjoy working out the fight scenes, but they do take some deciphering sometimes, when we can't see who's attacking whom, etc. Yes, it would be easier listening, if we were given more dialogue and less sound effects.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

This started off OK, but already seems to be changed into a load of sound effects. Rather than fight sequences we can't see, why not have dialogue between the characters that we can hear?

I'm fortunate that I enjoy working out the fight scenes, but they do take some deciphering sometimes, when we can't see who's attacking whom, etc. Yes, it would be easier listening, if we were given more dialogue and less sound effects.

Agreed.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

ClareGC
I realise the military might search prisoners more thoroughly on occasion, but would it hurt the crew to put their teleport bracelets on their ankles, or anywhere less obvious that their wrists/hands, as they get taken off them instantly every time they get captured.

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

I realise the military might search prisoners more thoroughly on occasion, but would it hurt the crew to put their teleport bracelets on their ankles, or anywhere less obvious that their wrists/hands, as they get taken off them instantly every time they get captured.

Grin
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

I thought of that while pondering writing fan fiction. I had Avon redsign the bracelet to be like one of those rubbery plastic bracelets you often see on people now- but semi-translucent and much smaller but with all the bells and whistles. The ankle idea is a good one but in an emergency bending double to call for help? That's a good way to be shot and for them to never find the bullet hole.... if you get my drift!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I like the way it's developing now (I'm about 7 minutes behind). The main two Federation characters in this are interesting.

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

I am LOVING it! Lots of STUFF to do for very precise deadlines (eg 9.30am for releases, 4.30pm for announcements), setting sales, promotions, writing synopses... it's a lot of fun, reminds me of my time working to deadlines in TV.

Yes, the offer is 25% off LC11. Oh well, if you've got them all, just spread the word! The offer is for one week only.

I'm really, really glad you love it! It sounds brilliant, and exactly suited to you, though such strict deadlines must be challenging, especially when there's so much to the job! I'm glad it's fun too! It's certainly a much needed job, doing a great service to the community!

I wish I could hear all the audio stories again for the first time! I'll certainly spread the word on them, especially when they're on offer Grin

BradPaula
Must have been a lot of giggles over the planet Straxus. Doesn't Dan play a Sontaran named Strax?

ClareGC
Paul's delivery of the lines makes me so happy, even when he's a hostage in the most dire situation...

"As a hostage, it's nice to be superfluous".

And he's still just as cool, after the threat of being strapped to the outside of the vehicle to be shot at. Grin

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Must have been a lot of giggles over the planet Straxus. Doesn't Dan play a Sontaran named Strax?

Yes indeed!

I'm giggling over 'Alexa' - the name will never be the same after the Amazon home device...
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Outer Gal. Nice use of one of the planet names from the series.

trevor travis
The commander here is a right idiot.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Yes indeed!

I'm giggling over 'Alexa' - the name will never be the same after the Amazon home device...

Yes, it never meant anything to me until today. I just got the reference.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Oh, yes.

Travisina
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Yes indeed!

And Garmon was our GPS thingie...
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Yes indeed!

And Garmon was our GPS thingie...

Yes! Ours too.

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

I thought of that while pondering writing fan fiction. I had Avon redsign the bracelet to be like one of those rubbery plastic bracelets you often see on people now- but semi-translucent and much smaller but with all the bells and whistles. The ankle idea is a good one but in an emergency bending double to call for help? That's a good way to be shot and for them to never find the bullet hole.... if you get my drift!

With the number of people who shoot first and take prisoners after, bending down in an emergency, might be a way of avoiding getting shot, so they can have a chance to be taken prisoner. If it's a first series story, even the chunky bracelets could be hidden by their flared trousers. Avon redesigning the bracelets would work too - I think pendant-necklace (sadly to be worn under clothes) would make a nice jewelry set.

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Oh, yes.

I'm sure the 'trainee' wasn't quoting the manual at him, but was just taking the opportunity to get rid of a right idiot of a commander.

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Oh, yes.

I'm sure the 'trainee' wasn't quoting the manual at him, but was just taking the opportunity to get rid of a right idiot of a commander.

He was a rubbish commander, but very well played. Suffered quite a brutal (though not undeserved) end.
My views are my own.

ClareGC
Vila is so positive! "The good news is that we're so badly damaged that the satellites have decided to leave us alone now". LOL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.91 seconds
34,154,133 unique visits since 8th January 2014