Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 1.3 Drones
trevor travis
The episode: (1.3) Drones by Marc Platt
The date: Monday, February 8th, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

The Big Finish blurb:

The assistance of the Liberator crew is urgently needed on Straxis - but Roj Blake has acute problems of his own…

After taking drastic emergency measures, Blake, Vila and Cally teleport back into a war zone in a bid to make new allies.

But the Federation is testing advanced new weaponry here. And Vila looks set to be an early target…

Travisina
I was invited to the recording of this one! What an experience Grin
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

That must've been amazing! I listen to all these stories, as if they're produced by magic, lol. I really don't know how they get put together.
Edited by ClareGC on 01 February 2021 19:57:04
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

That must've been amazing! I listen to all these stories, as if they're produced by magic, lol. I really don't know how they get put together.

By magic, of course! Smile

I was a film editor in my career-before-last, and did a fair amount of sound editing, as well as attending sound recordings for voice over, narration etc. In fact, it was during one such recording that I ended up having tea with Colin Firth, but that's a story on another thread...

Anyway, I had a fabulous day at the Big Finish recording. I'd been invited along to interview the actors - you can read the interviews that day with Paul Darrow and Sally Knyvette.
It was fascinating watching the actors doing their recordings, and the lunch was fab - Big Finish lunches are legendary!

But enough about me. How are you?
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

BradPaula
I'm here, just. Hello.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Sorry, bit delayed, but I'll listen to it after everyone else. Will start around 8pm.

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

By magic, of course! Smile

I was a film editor in my career-before-last, and did a fair amount of sound editing, as well as attending sound recordings for voice over, narration etc. In fact, it was during one such recording that I ended up having tea with Colin Firth, but that's a story on another thread...

Anyway, I had a fabulous day at the Big Finish recording. I'd been invited along to interview the actors - you can read the interviews that day with Paul Darrow and Sally Knyvette.
It was fascinating watching the actors doing their recordings, and the lunch was fab - Big Finish lunches are legendary!

But enough about me. How are you?

I suspected it might be by magic Smile I know virtually nothing about film editing as well, but it does sounds exciting and like it would be a hard career to leave behind. I love hearing stories Wink Ooh, I'll go to those link when this story finishes. I'm glad you had a fabulous day!

Travisina
Starting a bit late, 'cos just had phone call from Mum.
But I'm here now, started listening.
My views are my own.

Travisina
Excellent pre-title sequence! And into the theme music...
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Uh-oh- a Liberator surface landing???

Travisina
I love hearing Alistair Locke as Orac impersonating Zen!
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

I love hearing Alistair Locke as Orac impersonating Zen!

He's been quite the treasure.

ClareGC
Hi TT and Paula. I've started (but I'm happy to pause).

I've had a busy few days - I got my car scrapped which was a relief, and am looking for a new one, and I attended the Red Dwarf Zoom convention. I'm feeling quite proud of making a frying-heavy recipe box meal, without setting off the smoke detector over the hob. And I'm very glad that my mum got her first vaccine jab yesterday (and the centre was open despite the snow).

This is an exciting story! I really need to pay more attention! If I was in charge on the Liberator, pursuit ships would have boarded straight away, lol.

Good news for a change. Yay. I think I'll stop listening to the disc so I can start at 8 pm, like TT is going to do. Easier that way.
Edited by BradPaula on 08 February 2021 19:57:46

trevor travis
Right, a bit delayed, but just started.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

I just started again so we can both follow along.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Hi, TT!
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Was looking at the cast and Bru is played by Tim Treloar, who plays the Third Doctor in the Big Finish discs. He's also a great convention guest- seen hinm twice- once in Chicago and once at the Big Finish Day- with TT.

trevor travis
Right, distractions out of the way, hi everyone!

Soolin is sounding lovely this week!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Hi, TT!

Hi Travisina.

ClareGC
I love it when Blake says, "Orac, damage report!" and Orac replies, "I have sustained no damage". And then the crew just give up on trying to get a damage report relating to the ship.

Why is it "debatable" that Orac can't get anywhere without the crew. It sounds like Orac has a mobility plan.

I worry what the crew are living with (kind of more inside) as well!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.11 seconds
34,153,194 unique visits since 8th January 2014