Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 1.3 Drones
ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."
They had to do a couple of re-takes during the recording, because Tim pronounced it 'Sentero'. It's an easy mistake to make - I blame Terry Nation!

But it's spelt with a C, not a S! Wink

I'll need to pay attention when I hear "Centero", to hear how it's pronounced differently to Cent/Sent-er-o . It might be handy for voice artists to get a phonetic translation for any oddly pronounced words.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Travisina
Here's how the recording went:
Paul came early, and did most of his lines first, on his own - apart from his scenes with Sally (the 2-hander scenes between Jenna and Avon). I think the others' lines were read in by Alistair Locke, but Paul barely needed them, his timing and delivery were perfect.

The others recorded their scenes in various groups - up to 4 or 5 actors at a time, each one in their own sound-proof area. Most of them were sitting, but Michael performed his lines standing up, with light movements.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."
They had to do a couple of re-takes during the recording, because Tim pronounced it 'Sentero'. It's an easy mistake to make - I blame Terry Nation!

I'll need to pay attention when I hear "Centero", to hear how it's pronounced differently to Cent/Sent-er-o . It might be handy for voice artists to get a phonetic translation for any oddly pronounced words.

'Centero' catches out a lot of people.
Even Michael got it wrong in his reading of the audiobook 'Heroes'. Sadly, nobody noticed in time to correct it!
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

So is pronounced with a K Pfft

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Seeing there tends to be only 4 regulars for these re-listens, these are the ones I struggle to make. A move by 15 minutes to 8pm would help (have other commitments until then), but if that's not suitable with everyone else, we'll stick at 7.45pm and I'll simply join late each week. It's not a big hassle to do that.

I'm happy for it to be 8pm. Gives me a chance to wind down, speak to Mum and sister and have supper!

Yeah, the extra 15 minutes would make a big difference to me as well. Clare and Paula, would you be OK with this?

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Seeing there tends to be only 4 regulars for these re-listens, these are the ones I struggle to make. A move by 15 minutes to 8pm would help (have other commitments until then), but if that's not suitable with everyone else, we'll stick at 7.45pm and I'll simply join late each week. It's not a big hassle to do that.

I'm happy for it to be 8pm. Gives me a chance to wind down, speak to Mum and sister and have supper!

Yeah, the extra 15 minutes would make a big difference to me as well. Clare and Paula, would you be OK with this?

Yes, that would be fine with me.
Edited by BradPaula on 08 February 2021 20:39:48
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

Indeed. C and K have an almost identical phonetic sound, while S is completely different.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

Indeed. C and K have an almost identical phonetic sound, while S is completely different.

Apart from in Centre, Central, Cinammon, Cynic...
My views are my own.

trevor travis
The Drone sound effect is starting to annoy me a little!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

Good point Grin Grin

English is so inconsistent!

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

The Drone sound effect is starting to annoy me a little!

I think it's meant to!
Reminds me of mosquitoes Angry
My views are my own.

trevor travis
Blake is still a little idealistic in this... sadly, that's gone by Star One, isn't it?

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

Paul came early, and did most of his lines first, on his own - apart from his scenes with Sally (the 2-hander scenes between Jenna and Avon). I think the others' lines were read in by Alistair Locke, but Paul barely needed them, his timing and delivery were perfect.

The others recorded their scenes in various groups - up to 4 or 5 actors at a time, each one in their own sound-proof area. Most of them were sitting, but Michael performed his lines standing up, with light movements.

From how Paul's lines sound among the other lines, I'd never have guessed he wasn't hearing the other cast as he was performing. When I relisten to this, I must remeber to compare Avon's scenes with Jenna to his other lines, to see if I can hear any difference.

As I listen, I find it hard to remember that this is being performed by actors (I do *know* that it isn't a real spaceship that's crashed, and the gnat-drone-body-exploders don't actually exist, I just forget while I'm into the story).

That's also interesting how different actors perform in different ways. I can see how standing up and making the movements even slightly would help to get the right emphasis in the voice.

trevor travis
Orac's got too big for his boots!

trevor travis
Zen is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

So interesting to read how it's put together - thanks.

ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

Good point Grin Grin

I've just realised why a new work colleague asked me how I pronounced my name. I assumed the spelling Clare would be pronounced Klare in English, but it could also be pronounced Slare.

trevor travis
ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."

Good point Grin Grin

I've just realised why a new work colleague asked me how I pronounced my name. I assumed the spelling Clare would be pronounced Klare in English, but it could also be pronounced Slare.

I have friends called Clare, Claire and Clair!

trevor travis
For goodness sake, dump Orac!!!

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

As I listen, I find it hard to remember that this is being performed by actors (I do *know* that it isn't a real spaceship that's crashed, and the gnat-drone-body-exploders don't actually exist, I just forget while I'm into the story).

For me it's like having different 'lenses' to watch / listen to things. I can suspend disbelief and enjoy the full magic of the story, while at the same time appreciate the technical way it's put together.
My views are my own.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.01 seconds
34,153,729 unique visits since 8th January 2014