Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 1.3 Drones
trevor travis
Yeah, not of my favourites, but Orac going to a power trip was interesting, as was Libby taking a swim!

Travisina
That was great - thanks for the company, everyone!
See you next week for 'Mirror' at 8pm. I'll amend the time on the Roundup.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

That was great - thanks for the company, everyone!
See you next week for 'Mirror' at 8pm. I'll amend the time on the Roundup.

Just changed it on the thread as well. Cheers!

ClareGC
trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

"Centero and Horizon..."
They had to do a couple of re-takes during the recording, because Tim pronounced it 'Sentero'. It's an easy mistake to make - I blame Terry Nation!

But it's spelt with a C, not a S! Wink

So is pronounced with a K Pfft

Indeed. C and K have an almost identical phonetic sound, while S is completely different.

Apart from in Centre, Central, Cinammon, Cynic...

Good point Grin Grin

English is so inconsistent!

I've just realised why a new work colleague asked me how I pronounced my name. I assumed the spelling Clare would be pronounced Klare in English, but it could also be pronounced Slare.

I have friends called Clare, Claire and Clair!

Confusing when you're seeing each other, but they've made it easier on you if you all communicating in writing Smile

I was calling my two closest work colleages by their surnames in emails for clarity, till I realised that although they are both Steve, they are also Stephen and Steven, which I decided was a little friendier.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

BradPaula
The Libby took a swim- that's a good alternate title for this one. Didn't believe it for a moment, but oh, well. The Drones were a bit annoying too- still it was fun to listen to. See you next time. 'Night.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
My ratings, so apologies if anyone disagrees:

The Turing Test 9
Solitary 8
Counterfeit 6
The Magnificent Four 9
False Positive 8
Wolf 8
(Warship 9)
Armageddon Storm (Part 1) 7
Armageddon Storm (Part 2) 8
Armageddon Storm (Part 3) 6
Promises 9
Epitaph 3
Kerr 8
Logic 10
Risk Management 7
Three 10+
Incentive 9
Jenna's Story 5
Blake's Story 6
Spy 7
Disorder 9
The Hard Road 8
President 9
The Sea Of Iron 4
Spoils 10
Defector 7
Planetfall 6
Secrets 9
Velandra 9*need another listen - could be a 10!
Retribution 7
Ministry Of Peace 5
Brother 7
Poison 9
Escape From Destiny 5
Remnants 8
Corners Of The Mind 8
Capital 7
Punishment 9

Fractures 9
Battleground 7
Drones 5

trevor travis
These "Making Of" features are great - love the cast talking about it!

trevor travis
It's funny Sally mentions costumes. I always imagine Jenna in the audios to have the purple leather costume.

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

As I listen, I find it hard to remember that this is being performed by actors (I do *know* that it isn't a real spaceship that's crashed, and the gnat-drone-body-exploders don't actually exist, I just forget while I'm into the story).

For me it's like having different 'lenses' to watch / listen to things. I can suspend disbelief and enjoy the full magic of the story, while at the same time appreciate the technical way it's put together.

I can remember coming across "The making of..." shows on TV, but never choosing to watch them, as it would destroy the magic. I've only just realised I'd like to know how the "magic" is produced. Ed Bye, the director on Red Dwarf, did a facinating talk yesterday on how he'd directed some of his trickiest scenes e.g. multiple characters (including a hologram) interacting with other versions of themselves and others, while walking across the screen and talking. I'd no idea how complicated TV producing/directing was in the 1980s!

I've just realised I haven't listened to any of the CD extras, where the cast are discussing the show. I've heard little clips, like just now when the story finished, but I've never actually listened to the whole chapters. I really must!
Edited by ClareGC on 08 February 2021 21:16:38

trevor travis
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

As I listen, I find it hard to remember that this is being performed by actors (I do *know* that it isn't a real spaceship that's crashed, and the gnat-drone-body-exploders don't actually exist, I just forget while I'm into the story).

For me it's like having different 'lenses' to watch / listen to things. I can suspend disbelief and enjoy the full magic of the story, while at the same time appreciate the technical way it's put together.

I can remember coming across "The making of..." shows on TV, but never choosing to watch them, as it would destroy the magic. I've only just realised I'd like to know how the "magic" is produced. Ed Bye, the director on Red Dwarf, did a facinating talk yesterday on how he'd directed some of his trickiest scenes e.g. multiple characters (including a hologram) interacting with other versions of themselves and others, while walking across the screen and talking. I'd no idea how complicated in was in the 1980s!

I've just realised I haven't listened to any of the CD extras, where the cast are discussing the show. I've heard little clips, like just now when the story finished, but I've never actually listened to the whole chapters. I really must!

I just to listen because I want to hear from the cast, even more so that one or two aren't around anymore.
Edited by trevor travis on 08 February 2021 21:52:37

ClareGC
See you all at next week's relisten at 8pm, and I'll enjoy listening to the cast in some of their 'Extras' before then. Night.

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

I can remember coming across "The making of..." shows on TV, but never choosing to watch them, as it would destroy the magic. I've only just realised I'd like to know how the "magic" is produced. Ed Bye, the director on Red Dwarf, did a facinating talk yesterday on how he'd directed some of his trickiest scenes e.g. multiple characters (including a hologram) interacting with other versions of themselves and others, while walking across the screen and talking. I'd no idea how complicated TV producing/directing was in the 1980s!

Be sure to listen to the extras at the end when we get to the full cast stories with Del Grant. Mr. Chadbon mentions a certain person who just happens to be a fan. It had to be pointed out to me but it still shocked me! So don't forget the extras, they are quite fun and informative.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
34,153,251 unique visits since 8th January 2014