Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
New B7 Range from Big Finish - The Worlds of Blake's 7!
Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:
As long as you pass on the Og series idea as well :P :P

S4 is excluded from the licence, unfortunately - though I'd love if they managed to overcome that one.

Also, we know we can't have the adventures of Bayban the Butcher either (that would be such a great one to do!) so we couldn't have Tarrant's prior meeting with him played directly. It could be done with Tarrant alluding to it or complaining about it to someone, without mentioning any names - "My... contact... turned out to be borderline insane." (Or get Colin Baker to growl some appropriate lines while remaining nameless?)

That's how I'd also handle a Bartolomew spy story release. Anna could report in her meetings with Avon to a controller, describing verbatim what was said. That would give us Avon dialogue without needing anyone to try filling those big empty (studded, picklock in heel) boots. And of course, Anna can let her feelings show after she hangs up. "Of course I'll keep close. Goodbye [click] Keep close! As if I could ever keep away."

Rights issues may also prevent some of the other ideas, like the Deeta Tarrant story, but there's still heaps that could be done. Michael, Jan, Sally, Stephen G, Brian C, Steven P and Tom Chadbon are probably still willing to play their roles so any backstory with those characters is a possibility.

Joe Dredd
A tale of The System at full strength, pre-Redemption, is also possible. Get Sheila Ruskin back again. Add a few more Altas and some slaves. It would be a great reason to have a fleet of DSVs roaming about, all with Zen-equivalents onboard communicating with each other. (Alistair Lock could do each flight computer slightly differently.)

It could perhaps tie into the Fleet/Samor storyline. Perhaps The System is having an ongoing war with the Epinaarl, or have also noticed the Andromedans encroaching into our galaxy. Three-way skirmishes with the Federation fleet. A possible tie-back to the battle we see in Spacefall that leaves DSV2 adrift, though the 'explaining Liberator's backstory' idea was covered in one of B7E's "Early Years" CDs.

If the timeline was really mapped out, you could have bits of each story slightly touching the others. Just subtly, so that each "Worlds of" remains a standalone release, but adding a bit of a kick for those who notice the little interleaving happenings going on.

Deva
BradPaula wrote:

Joe, those are all wonderful ideas. There is a gold-mine of ideas to stlll be had in Blake's 7 so I hope Big Finish is thinking along the same lines.

Absolutely, I'd particularly like to see a series of adventures for Del Grant assuming Tom Chadbon is willing to continue in the role.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

trevor travis
Thinking of the characters that we know that Big Finish do have under copyright, what's to stop a fifth season?

Make no mention of Soolin (sigh, what a shame!), mention they don't know what happened to Avon, and then have the further adventures of Vila, Tarrant and Dayna - maybe they meet up with Jenna too.

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
As long as you pass on the Og series idea as well Pfft Pfft

S4 is excluded from the licence, unfortunately - though I'd love if they managed to overcome that one.

The main new S4 elements (Scorpio, Soolin, Slave) are excluded from the licence, since they belong to the BBC. However, any individual characters to a specific episode would belong either to that writer or the estate of that writer. In the case of Og, he would belong to the estate of the late Allan Prior.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The new Avalon series sounds okay, but I would rather any spin-offs looked forward rather than back. What happened next, rather than retcon.

Travisina
It's now been confirmed that Sally Knyvette and Stephen Greif will be returning as Jenna and Travis in the forthcoming Avalon series! Watch this space for further news...
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
Further news - HUGE news! - coming tomorrow (Weds 7th April)
Watch this space!
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

Further news - HUGE news! - coming tomorrow (Weds 7th April)
Watch this space!

Can't wait! GrinGrinGrin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
The news is massive, and it's here:
Bayban's back!

What do you say to that, folks?
My views are my own.

trevor travis
Wow!

And it's not just Bayban. I did wonder for some time if they could get the rights to Chris Boucher's one-off characters. It opens up so many possibilities now that they have.

Great news - and it looks like Michael, Jan, Sally, Brian and Stephen are all involved!

I admit while I welcomed the Avalon release, it was odd that a non-B7 actor was going to be the lead. On other hand, this looks absolutely brilliant!

Travisina, will the tie-in books also be available in physical form, or will they be audiobooks only?
Edited by trevor travis on 07 April 2021 11:39:40

Joe Dredd
That all sounds pretty exciting.

Fuming with jealousy regarding Nigel F writing the Bayban the Butcher tales! : D Good luck to him. Dream job!

I like the 3 x 3 grid Big Finish have used with the characters photos. There's three black squares which seem to me poignant reminders of GT, PD and JP. (or perhaps Mike, Carol and Alice).

clanger68
Absolutely brilliant news.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Deva
Very exciting news... for me much more so than the Avalon box sets given that original B7 actors will seemingly be at the heart of these new adventures. Still no mention of Del Grant though and with these new box sets having release dates up until January 2022 I'm not going to hold my breath... Still, although, (like the original series), some of the BF scripts have been a bit iffy, on the whole - obviously you can't please everyone... everyone has their favourite series, characters etc., - BF's commitment to producing new B7 adventures with original cast members is fantastic. Long may it continue!
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

BradPaula
Wow! What a great surprise to get Bayban back! Literally cannot wait to hear Colin do his Bayban again. I was secretly worried, but thank you to the surviving cast, guest stars and the wonderful people at Big Finish! I'm very happy today.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

Wow!

And it's not just Bayban. I did wonder for some time if they could get the rights to Chris Boucher's one-off characters. It opens up so many possibilities now that they have.

Yes, all are inventions of Chris Boucher. Perhaps you will get a Soolin adventure for Christmas after all! The stories in this range are all (mostly?) prequels. Telling the tale of how Soolin met Dorian could be interesting. (I think telling the earlier story of her tragic childhood could be just too bleak. Hmm, then again...)

Spaceship Dispatcher
I was only 50/50 about collecting the Worlds of Blake's 7 audios until the latest announcement, as TBH I'm more interested in Avalon's ongoing story after the episode than a prequel, though Olivia Poulet is excellent as Mrs Emma Peel in The Avengers so that was standing in the sets' favour anyway. But these new titles, even though we don't know much about them at the moment, give me the feeling that BFP are intending to explore the B7 universe and look more deeply at some of the people, places and organisations that we might have only seen briefly on screen. Bayban is obviously a great addition, and I too would love to hear more of The Ginger One as Del Grant Grin

trevor travis
Just ordered both Avalon and all the new releases announced this week.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
I too would love to hear more of The Ginger One as Del Grant Grin

Maybe we should suggest The Ginger Chronicles as a possible title to Big Finish for the ongoing adventures of Del Grant.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
I too would love to hear more of The Ginger One as Del Grant Grin

Maybe we should suggest The Ginger Chronicles as a possible title to Big Finish for the ongoing adventures of Del Grant.

Or maybe even call it mae'r sinsir yn croniclo Oops

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
31,801,784 unique visits since 8th January 2014