Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Servalan, Sleer & the Big Reveal?
Moon Disk
Watching Series D, something occurred to me - why didn't Avon & Co drop a word in the right ear that Servalan was alive and well and passing herself off as Sleer instead of trying to foil her plans? Wouldn't it have saved a lot of time and machinations (and unfortunate endings?)?

One Spare Part
Who would have believed them? It would have been seen as a seditious act meant to destabilize a still fragile federation.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

Who would have believed them? It would have been seen as a seditious act meant to destabilize a still fragile federation.

I was thinking the same. Plus it wouldn't make any difference to the ending, since Servalan is not involved in the final episode at all.

M1795537 OC Virn
trevor travis wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I was thinking the same. Plus it wouldn't make any difference to the ending, since Servalan is not involved in the final episode at all.

She was no doubt watching it all on a monitor, while she sipped champagne. And preparing a little surprise for Avon, if he survived.
You're not sulking, I hope?

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

A better question is how did Central Security never catch on that Commissioner Sleer, head of the pacification program, which Central Security was involved in up to their neck, was in fact ex President Servalan, whom Central Security's top agent (Bartolomew / Anna Grant) had tried to over throw.

It seems likely that someone in Central DID know, and was supporting Servalan.

As for outing her and being believed, it depends on how they went about it.

This is the Federation, leave a mesage.... Beep
Hello, this is Avon. Sleer is Servalan.

I agree that wouldn't work. But what if Orac just happened to leak pertinent details to the computers of Servalan's known enemies?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Joe Dredd
JustBrad wrote:
But what if Orac just happened to leak pertinent details to the computers of Servalan's known enemies?

I remember reading a PGP set immediately after Blake that has the same idea. Avon used it as a bargaining chip with Servalan to get a ship and get away. If she didn't comply, Orac would do exactly what Brad suggested.

If fact, the 'insurance policy' aspect of it may explain why the Scorpio crew never alerted anyone.

Brad's theory about supporters within Central Security is a good one. More intrigue!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
31,801,799 unique visits since 8th January 2014