Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,289
· Newest Rebel: Satelite13

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [29 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 204
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish full cast audios - 3.3 Spoils Of War: Close Enough
ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

Youch! Scalpel into Avon's neck without anaesthetic.

It's horrific!! It puts having a tiny, thin needle carefully inserted into an upper arm by a properly qualified doctor into perspective.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

This is very well written!

Yes, it's excellent. And so well performed.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

I'm showing my age, but this torture of Avon makes me remember some of those early fanfics- the 'hurt comfort' ones usually featuring Avon.

Poor Avon. It's just as well he takes being tortured so pragmatically, as he certainly gets to experience it a lot Sad

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

It's horrific!! It puts having a tiny, thin needle carefully inserted into an upper arm by a properly qualified doctor into perspective.

Ha, ha! The Covid jab was nothing, I barely felt it. I did have a hurty arm for a few days, but that was it. Next one is on 31st of this month...
My views are my own.

AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Travisina
The sound design on this is fantastic - beautiful swirly whirly echoes.
My views are my own.

BradPaula
Avon experiencing telepathy is amazing- Very well done and well written.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

ClareGC
Avon didn't seem bothered about being brutally stabbed in the neck and unable to do anything to defend himself, yet he's clearly horrifed by a moment's telepathy with a caring friend. The acting is superb!

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

Avon didn't seem bothered about being brutally stabbed in the neck and unable to do anything to defend himself, yet he's clearly horrifed by a moment's telepathy with a caring friend. The acting is superb!

Typical Avon, and yes it's great.
Avon has quite a high pain threshold (as we've already seen in several eps), but can't stand being emotionally close to anyone!
My views are my own.

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Ha, ha! The Covid jab was nothing, I barely felt it. I did have a hurty arm for a few days, but that was it. Next one is on 31st of this month...

Mine was Saturday. I didn't feel the needle go in, but I still have a hurty arm today. I've changed the time of my second jab, so that I won't have a hurty arm at the Bristol meetup. I don't think I'd do well under torture, lol.

BradPaula
Oh, gawd- Avon is singing the 'bottles' song!

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

Avon experiencing telepathy is amazing- Very well done and well written.

I love this part of the story. The sound effects and echos are excellent! I wanted to be telepathic as a child, then I went off the idea as an adult, but this story makes me crave it again. Though it is a little scary.

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Mine was Saturday. I didn't feel the needle go in, but I still have a hurty arm today. I've changed the time of my second jab, so that I won't have a hurty arm at the Bristol meetup. I don't think I'd do well under torture, lol.

Both of our 'jabs' were... smooth and sweatless. Not a bit of pain or any symptoms.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

In the original script he was supposed to sing 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' but they couldn't get copyright clearance for it, and it was changed to 'Three Little Kittens'.
My views are my own.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Both of our 'jabs' were... smooth and sweatless. Not a bit of pain or any symptoms.

What flavour was yours? Mine was AstraZeneca.
My views are my own.

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

I prefer Ten Green Bottles to Three Little Kittens Lost Their Mittens. I can imagine Avon knowing the words to a song about smashing bottles, but not about kittens crying because they loose their mittens ??

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Me- Moderna, Brad's- Pfizer.

Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

I prefer Ten Green Bottles to Three Little Kittens Lost Their Mittens. I can imagine Avon knowing the words to a song about smashing bottles, but not about kittens crying because they loose their mittens ??

It is a bit unlikely, but see explanation above. Then again, why would he sing about Doggies in Windows?
My views are my own.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Me- Moderna, Brad's- Pfizer.

Over here, they gave Pfizer to all the first round of people - the over-80s like Rob's parents, and front line workers.
The rest of us are getting A-Z.
My views are my own.

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I had the same flavour Smile I expect the tiny needles are the same size whichever flavour, but ours was obviously named after Blake's 7!

ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

In the original script he was supposed to sing 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' but they couldn't get copyright clearance for it, and it was changed to 'Three Little Kittens'.

Haha. What a fabulous bit of information! Doggys with waggly tails wouldn't have been much better though. Although, the songs are a great bit of comedy to counteract the horrific (to Avon) telepathy.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
34,153,129 unique visits since 8th January 2014