Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 18

· Rebels Active: 1
Travisina

· Total Rebels: 1,227
· Newest Rebel: Avon2925

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [26 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [21 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 182
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Mornington Crescent - ISIHAC
trevor travis
I've headed for:

The island of Avalon from Arthurian legend (which was included in medieval editions of Mornington Crescent).

But it's quite boring here - there's no Avalon, Avalon android or Interrogation Table.

At this time of year, they have very long Knights in Avalon.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

At this time of year, they have very long Knights in Avalon.

*groan* Grin

St. Davids

Lorna
Were you trying to get to Steventon?

Travisina
I leapt on the wrong train and ended up in ...

Stevenage.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Lorna
The Forum did a wobbly. My post should have gone after Travisina's. I wonder what this one will do????

Travisina
Lorna wrote:

The Forum did a wobbly. My post should have gone after Travisina's. I wonder what this one will do????

We're having timing issues again with the Server (posts going upstream), and the Server hosts are working on it. Hopefully they'll get it fixed asap.

Time: 09.37

PS I was indeed trying to get to Steventon!

trevor travis
Platform nine-and-three-quarters at King's Cross.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Platform nine-and-three-quarters at King's Cross.

I go past that every time I travel into London - my train usually comes into Platform 9, 10 or 11. It's quite amusing to see all the tourists queuing to have their pictures taken at the trolley that's half-way through the wall. (But less amusing when the queue blocks the entrance to the Underground... Angry)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Aberdeen

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

I go past that every time I travel into London ... It's quite amusing to see all the tourists queuing to have their pictures taken at the trolley that's half-way through the wall.

*Raises hand*

But don't ask to see the pictures. Lost that camera somewhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle. Sad

15:53
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

But don't ask to see the pictures. Lost that camera somewhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle. Sad

Fortunately, you had a reserve photographer on hand for the stay in...

Edinburgh (on my back south from Aberdeen)

Travisina
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/travi1_150px.jpg

IRL my office relocated last week to Camden.
Apologies for cheating, but it had to be done. I'm now only 5 mins on the 214 bus or one stop on the tube from...

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/travi2_150px.jpg

Spaceship Dispatcher
My only challenge to the legality of that move would be "did you have permission to take photos of that station property for online publication?"

Oops

1308 - more time slippage.

trevor travis
Mornington Cre.... oh drat beaten to it Grin

Hold on a minute... did Travisina make the winning move using a transverse diagonal?.... going away to check Rule 42.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...did Travisina make the winning move using a transverse diagonal?.... going away to check Rule 42.

Considering that the previous call was Stevenage, I would say yes; covered by 42.1.a.iii you will find I believe.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Hold on a minute... did Travisina make the winning move using a transverse diagonal?.... going away to check Rule 42.

Nope, I used the 214 bus. However, it might not be legit if Rule 42 stipulates trains.

Travisina
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Nope, I used the 214 bus. However, it might not be legit if Rule 42 stipulates trains.

Edit in reply to SD upstream -
It was a double move, Stevenage to Kings Cross, 214 bus to MC. So more like a Knight's move on a chessboard, than a Bishop (which would be the transverse diagonal).

trevor travis
I've checked with scorer Tarrant (he's supposed to keep silent, but have you ever known Tarrant keep silent) on who won this game:

"No. No, she didn't win. We all came out losers."

Chairwoman Cally thinks slightly different:

"I don't think so. She lost, and we lost. Only the Pyroans won."

Cally's word is final, so congratulations to the Pyroans on winning our game of Mornington Crescent. If only Hower hadn't blown them all to bits, they could celebrate with a disco, with the lighting provided by the flashing groin robot.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

My only challenge to the legality of that move would be "did you have permission to take photos of that station property for online publication?"

Uh-oh, so Travisina has reached Mornington Crescent (BTW I love the photographic proof of arrival), but may be deported to Cygnus Alpha or forced to join the National Trust? Shock

Spaceship Dispatcher
hmmm... I you will find TT that deportation and compulsory membership of the National Trust's Cygnus Alphan branch is the penalty according to article 47, section twelve; its covered in the second footnote to rule 17.b

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
27,474,508 unique visits since 8th January 2014