Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
sweevo
Lenny Zakatek. Smile

ScorpioSurvivor81
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World.
"What you do with your booty is up to you"

Child Of Auron
The soundtrack to Twister

rojkerr1
Winter for the Adept

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Puts a different slant on the song even with them singing it in another language.

Actually, they did not only sing it in another language but completely altered the lyrics! Most of their songs are shanties on steroids, and they even managed to turn Scarborough Fair into some sort of sailor’s meditation. "... then you sit in your cockleshell, surrounded by forces, by powers so much greater than ourselves, in our small boat of Life. That’s when you feel respect or even humility in the face of this Garden of Eden", says the guy giving the introduction. The lyrics then run as follows (roughly translated):

Far in the North an eternal light, a candle that never goes out. When the sun goes to sleep at night, the pole star silently shows the way.
Skywards you have led us, touched our rough souls. We stormed the Garden of Eden and enraged the old Gods.
The world with every living thing has deeply moved us in our hearts. Surrounded by powers greater than ourselves, I feel deep humility.
Shining eternally bright at the sky, our pole star leads the way. So much is waiting for us in regions farway. Stand by us and take us to our destination!

And their words fit in with the sound of the melody. If you see what I mean.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Freddie Mercury's solo material, including the Mr Bad Guy and Barcelona albums, to celebrate what would have been his 72nd birthday today, while awaiting the release of the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody later this year (hint, hint: group meeting?).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Freddie Mercury's solo material, including the Mr Bad Guy and Barcelona albums, to celebrate what would have been his 72nd birthday today, while awaiting the release of the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody later this year (hint, hint: group meeting?).

Havevyou seen the trailer for the film? The actor playing Freddie sounds uncannily like him. I hope they don't dishonour his memory.

sweevo
Yes, I have. I have high hopes for the movie.

One Spare Part
Had a Michael Caine film soundtrack double bill last night: Roy Budd's Kidnapped - very lush strings plus the wonderful Mary Hopkin singing For All My Days. Followed by the magnificent John Barry soundtrack to The Ipcress File: a masterclass in musical arrangement. Plus on this version you get excerpts from the film between the music tracks: "there's a dead american agent in my flat!"

Child Of Auron
Beautiful Stranger by Madonna from the Austin Powers soundtrack

sweevo
The version that appears on the soundtrack album is not the same one that appears in the movie (the movie version has a different, longer intro and a full, complete ending instead of fading out) - it can be listened to here: https://www.youtu...ELkrEwm_Pw

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

I love that era Madonna.

rojkerr1
I like frozen,the only single of hers I ever bought!

Child Of Auron
One Spare Part wrote:

Child Of Auron wrote:

I love that era Madonna.

90s Madonna was my favourite era. Her 21st century stuff has been, on the whole, rubbish IMO

rojkerr1
Drive sndtrak

sweevo
The music of the late great Laura Branigan, who sang hits such as "Gloria", "Self-Control", "Never In a Million Years" and "Shadow of Love".

Child Of Auron
I Have A Dream by ABBA

rojkerr1
Fields of the Nephilim, Laura, twice!

Psychostrategist
Type O Negative, Nettie:
https://www.youtu...&hf=18

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
14,715,565 unique visits since 8th January 2014