Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 1
BobF

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
rojkerr1
Human League at Sheffield arena on Friday! Yay...!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Human League at Sheffield arena on Friday! Yay...!

Oooh! Keep feelin' fascination! Enjoy yr night!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
Ta, onesparepart, looking forward to it,I've liked Joanne Catherall of the League since I was 18 and she was on TOTP doing Sound of the Crowd, in her aunties modernised frock...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Ta, onesparepart, looking forward to it,I've liked Joanne Catherall of the League since I was 18 and she was on TOTP doing Sound of the Crowd, in her aunties modernised frock...

There is something wonderful about going to see yr old "heart throbs" -call 'em what you will - it's not just nostalgia. I saw Hugh Cornwell twice this year. He was brilliant. It was good to know he is still around. More than that it made me feel I am still a part of something...pretentious, moi? Can't explain it.

One Spare Part
Big shocker: Pete Shelley of The Buzzcocks has died. A heart attack. He was 63. Brilliant band, brilliant music. Gone too early.

rojkerr1
What a shame , loved the group,,,ever fallen in love with someone...

rojkerr1
Human League were brilliant, Phil Oakeys voice gets better and better. Had to get up and do what I call dancing...against other opinions!
Supported by Midge Ure, voice amazing, love Ultravox, he did Vienna, magical...

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
rojkerr1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twG5mu6coOA

When I grew my hair out from a not quite Supreme Commander buzz cut, I ended up with a fringe like Phil's. I had to pin it back so I could see out of it to work.

Took my kids to see my favourite band Ghost last night. Didn't get home until 1 am due to dropping of Mutoid 1 in Montreal first.

And as I was designated driver...no booze for me.

eta Ron Weasley on keyboards.

eta 2 I had cheap copies of both of those dresses.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Human League were brilliant, Phil Oakeys voice gets better and better. Had to get up and do what I call dancing...against other opinions!
Supported by Midge Ure, voice amazing, love Ultravox, he did Vienna, magical...

Blumming heck! Phil and the girls plus Midge! Sounds like you had a blinding night. Vienna is one of those songs that can set a crowd singing..."Ohhhhhhhh Vieee-ennahhhh!"

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twG5mu6coOA

When I grew my hair out from a not quite Supreme Commander buzz cut, I ended up with a fringe like Phil's. I had to pin it back so I could see out of it to work.

Took my kids to see my favourite band Ghost last night. Didn't get home until 1 am due to dropping of Mutoid 1 in Montreal first.

And as I was designated driver...no booze for me.

eta Ron Weasley on keyboards.

eta 2 I had cheap copies of both of those dresses.

I enjoyed that vid but where is Jo Callis? He was in the band at some point.

rojkerr1
They did singalong to Vienna, as did I, never knew he wrote Fade to Grey either.
Had to dance to Don't u want me, and Electric Dreams. Georgio got 2 girls to back the song who sounded like Joanne and Susan, as they weren't available.
Not sure about Callis, maybe they recruited him just after that, from the Rezillos? He was the only real trained musician

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

They did singalong to Vienna, as did I, never knew he wrote Fade to Grey either.
Had to dance to Don't u want me, and Electric Dreams. Georgio got 2 girls to back the song who sounded like Joanne and Susan, as they weren't available.
Not sure about Callis, maybe they recruited him just after that, from the Rezillos? He was the only real trained musician

Midge Ure has had a hand in many a song without people realising methinks. The eminence grise of Fade to Grey!!I
I always wondered about those BVs on Electric Dreams: didn't think it would be them since it was a solo effort but they are very sound alike.
You are right. Callis was recruited. He was definitely there for Keep Feeling Fascination : he's on the cover of my 7" single!

rojkerr1
got the 'sky diving' poster for Fascination framed over my bed!

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

Midge Ure has had a hand in many a song without people realising methinks. The eminence grise of Fade to Grey!!I

I was shocked to discover Midge had been in Thin Lizzy.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I was shocked to discover Midge had been in Thin Lizzy.

There were a few musicians who knocked around with several bands esp in the 70s. Midge Ure has been in loads of bands and reinvented himself everytime. Mick Ronson & Ronnie Wood were both flexible friends with different bands.

One Spare Part
Been playing Donna Summer's greatest hits on the walk to work. Hot Stuff came on while I was waiting at the crossing for the lights to change. I started doing the dole queue dance and I have never even watched the film except for that clip. Bit embarrassing when I remembered I wasn't alone at home...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
16,759,342 unique visits since 8th January 2014