Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 158
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
Wow! Fleetwood Mac AND The Pretenders!? No wonder you had a good night. Am off to Wembley with a brother to see The Who with an orchestra next month. I know all these bands are doing the classical vibe thing but The Who are maybe the ones who could really carry it off. We shall see.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Superman soundtracks from the live-action movies starring the late great Christopher Reeve (I'll get to the movies themselves shortly).

rojkerr1
I love pretenders, just seen new chrissie documentary

sweevo
A recently released new version of the Freddie Mercury solo classic "Time" (written by Dave Clark and featuring Mike Moran on piano) - you can listen to it here: https://www.youtu...Gjt291COa0
Edited by sweevo on 30 June 2019 00:45:01

rojkerr1
Speak and Spell, Depeche Mode

sweevo
Genesis Live in Zurich 1977 (which took place 42 years ago today), one of their last gigs with guitarist Steve Hackett (he would leave the band in October, when the live album Seconds Out was being mixed - as a consequence of this "betrayal", founding member and keyboardist Tony Banks had Hackett's guitar parts reduced in the final mix and/or cut out entirely).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Genesis Live in Zurich 1977 (which took place 42 years ago today), one of their last gigs with guitarist Steve Hackett (he would leave the band in October, when the live album Seconds Out was being mixed - as a consequence of this "betrayal", founding member and keyboardist Tony Banks had Hackett's guitar parts reduced in the final mix and/or cut out entirely).

Aren't they releasing a remaster of Seconds Out? Will they make it back into the mix if so?

sweevo
I don't know. Right now it's their 1987 Wembley Stadium on my PC Smile (the complete show recorded from a radio broadcast - the official release is missing the In the Cage Medley).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

I don't know. Right now it's their 1987 Wembley Stadium on my PC Smile (the complete show recorded from a radio broadcast - the official release is missing the In the Cage Medley).

Well ! How can they miss out In the Cage medley? They must think we are fed up of it! No chance!

sweevo
From what I understand, it was mainly due to a technical limitation with the cameras - the show was filmed using an experimental HD videotape format (Sony HDVC, to be precise), which meant that each tape could only store about half an hour's worth of audio and video, and changing these tapes was not a 10-second job. Now, why the ITC Medley wasn't filmed, well, two theories emerge:

1. The band opted to sacrifice the medley in order to minimise tape changes, seeing that the medley had already been filmed for the previous tour videos (The Mama Tour, 3 Sides Live).

2. The cameramen chose to cut out the medley of their own volition without telling the band beforehand.

Thankfully, the audio to the In the Cage Medley was recorded, both in multitrack form (from the band's soundboard) and as a stereo mix from the BBC Radio 1 broadcast (which is what I have), so while we cannot see its performance, we can at least listen to it. The medley is performed after The Brazilian and before Land of Confusion (there's a sudden jump cut on the video - the scene becomes immediately dimmer and the light show takes centre stage).

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

From what I understand, it was mainly due to a technical limitation with the cameras - the show was filmed using an experimental HD videotape format (Sony HDVC, to be precise), which meant that each tape could only store about half an hour's worth of audio and video, and changing these tapes was not a 10-second job. Now, why the ITC Medley wasn't filmed, well, two theories emerge:

1. The band opted to sacrifice the medley in order to minimise tape changes, seeing that the medley had already been filmed for the previous tour videos (The Mama Tour, 3 Sides Live).

2. The cameramen chose to cut out the medley of their own volition without telling the band beforehand.

Thankfully, the audio to the In the Cage Medley was recorded, both in multitrack form (from the band's soundboard) and as a stereo mix from the BBC Radio 1 broadcast (which is what I have), so while we cannot see its performance, we can at least listen to it. The medley is performed after The Brazilian and before Land of Confusion (there's a sudden jump cut on the video - the scene becomes immediately dimmer and the light show takes centre stage).

You know your stuff and after what happened to past tapes of Sheryl Crow et al we should be grateful ITC exists for this gig at all.

sweevo
Queen Live at Wembley Stadium, which took place 33 years ago today. Smile

sweevo
Queen at Live Aid, which took place 34 years ago today. Smile You can view their whole performance (including the encore) here: https://www.youtu...dWPylMJO18
Edited by sweevo on 24 August 2019 02:32:43

rojkerr1
Run to you, Bryan Adams

Psychostrategist
Jeremy Soule, the composer who wrote the music for the game Elder Scrolls: Skyrim as well as the music for a bunch of Star Wars stuff I think, has an album of his own stuff now apparently, released last year. I'm checking it now.

https://www.youtu...&hf=18

This guy is up there with the dude who did the music for Game Of Thrones which no matter how terribly it was helmed and ended, had outstanding music.

Hope you like it. It's mostly atmospheric music, scores he's done so this is the sort of music it would be great to play a video game to because that's the type of music he's made. It could be knocked with the claim it's New Age music but it's really not. It has a bit of a chamber music feel to it but it's really well done I think.

sweevo
Genesis Live over Europe, a live album recorded during their 2007 reunion tour from various venues (most tracks were recorded at either Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester or the Circus Maximus in Rome, which was a free concert).

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Skunk Anansi. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRH807Zg8MQ)

I haven't linked because it's NSFW/C..
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

rojkerr1
The Photos

Child Of Auron
A Change Will Do You Good by Sheryl Crow

Love the video to this one too

One Spare Part
Child Of Auron wrote:

A Change Will Do You Good by Sheryl Crow

Love the video to this one too

Love Sheryl Crow but I have not often watched her perform, more of a listening experience. Never thought of that before. I may go and hunt out some vids now. Will it be a different experience?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.73 seconds
22,474,599 unique visits since 8th January 2014