Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,265
· Newest Rebel: pall66

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [32 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [24 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 194
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
what tunes are you listening to?
One Spare Part
Got a couple of cheap cds from the supermarket. Just been listening to Spandau Ballet. I think I like them more now. I tend to group all 80s pop stuff as being as bad as shakatak...but I am re-learning. Although nothing will ever change my mind about shakatak.
I also got a electropop compilation featuring rojkerr's fave rave, John Foxx: Underpaaaaaaaants!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

sweevo
Genesis, along with some of Phil Collins's solo work, to mark his 70th birthday. Smile

Deva
This afternoon, Thom Yorke's Anima and Slowdive's eponymous album.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

One Spare Part
Uncovered my record player and put on... In Search of the Trojan War, the soundtrack to the BBC doc by Michael 'yummy' Wood. Written and played and in part sung by Terry Oldfield, Mike's brother. Fabulous.
Followed by Duke by Genesis. Now was this their last really good album?

sweevo
It was the turning point for the band and the hardcore fanbase.

sweevo
Steve Hackett's solo work (as well as his work with Genesis) to mark his birthday, along with some music by Angelo Branduardi.

sweevo
Peter Gabriel's solo work for very much the same reasons. Smile

One Spare Part
sweevo wrote:

Do you have a favourite solo album?

Deva
Last night I listened to New Gold Dream by Simple Minds for the first time in possibly thirty-five years... just fabulous... and today . relaxing at home with my wife, soundtrack to the morning courtesy of The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show Good times.
Edited by Deva on 14 February 2021 15:55:52
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

sweevo
One Spare Part wrote:

sweevo wrote:

Do you have a favourite solo album?

Either PG 4 (Security) or So. Smile

sweevo
Having rewatched the 1988 anime classic Akira (based on the eponymous manga), I figured I'd take a listen at the soundtrack. Here's quite possibly the most well-known cue from the most iconic sequence in the movie: https://www.youtu...shgWIpcPeE I'll just say three words: Kaneda, help me.

sweevo
"This Is What You Want... This Is What You Get" by Public Image Limited, featuring the semi-instrumental sleeper hit The Order of Death (thanks, Miami Vice!).

sweevo
The music of French-Italian singer-songwriter Riccardo Cocciante, to celebrate his 75th birthday.

One Spare Part
Wind & Wuthering. Not played it as a whole for longer than I thought. One for the Vine...

sweevo
The last album to feature Steve Hackett before his departure (he would perform with Genesis for the W&W tour in 1977, then leave). Highlights for me include One for the Vine, Blood on the Rooftops (never performed live except for a brief segment during the I Know What I Like medley on various tours), Your Own Special Way and Afterglow (a live staple which usually concludes the In the Cage medley).

One Spare Part
I love the In The Cage medley. It must be a huge moment in the live show because it knocks me flat at home. Really enjoying listening to W & W. I feel like I am hearing it as a whole entity now rather than merely a collection of songs. Next Up: Trick of the Tail.
Edited by One Spare Part on 21 February 2021 22:42:45

Lee Bagnall
East Cafe - Crush On You (Phonic Deep Remix)

Trancey deep house, lots of strings, tinkly bits that sound like waves of crystals and plenty of whooshy noises.
"An eyepatch? Practically a badge of honour for space commanders, but the cane?"

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
31,154,927 unique visits since 8th January 2014