Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,153
· Newest Rebel: SACreativeArts

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.4 Ghost Ship *spoilers*
Travisina
Ghost Ship
is out now, and I can't wait to hear it - I do like Vila stories Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Gauda Cheese
Review! Review!

How is it?

Travisina
It's superb!

Spoiler-free review here: CLICK!

Travisina
I didn't want to say too much in the review, but if anyone else has listened to 'Ghost Ship' - join me here?
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 16 May 2015 15:51:48

JustBrad
Still waiting for it to row across the pond.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Anniew
Yep heard it, enjoyed it. Felt it was ground they had covered before but it was fun, well acted. A maturer Tarrant is so much better than the one in the series. It is less memorable than Mindset and there is a bit too much of Vila going ooh no ( Missus) let me alone! The trouble for me is that the Armegedon Storm was so good that the new series seems a bit light weight. It's not pretentious though so I don't feel I've wasted my money. Like the crew dynamics. Grant is a good addition to the crew because it makes it more difficult for Avon to walk over everyone. I wonder if Cally has a 'thing' for him? Be good if that made Avon jealous!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
I loved it, but that's because I'm a die hard Vila fan and I love the way Big Finish are developing him.
There were some very nice nods to continuity in this ep - I liked it when Vila complained that Orac didn't know any jokes - feeds neatly into Ultraworld, where he's trying to rectify that!

Anniew
I like Vila too, in fact in writing about the characters I've developed affection for ones I didn't like much, like Blake and to a much lesser extent, Vila. Have yet to write for Tarrant but like him much more in the audio adventures Must try it for Jenna next. I just think writers tend to over do the 'get out of my head ' Vila and I much prefer him as the ruthless Vila we get when he seems to turn traitor or meets his father.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
The mail man delivered my copy today! Yay!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

OUR copy, dear. Pfft
There was a young man
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
JustBrad wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

OUR copy, dear. Pfft

Whose Queen? Angry

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just read the Horizon review for this and I'm rather looking forward to Ghost Ship, even though it will be a few months until I get that far in collecting the full cast drama series.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Steve Rogerson
Here's my review of Ghost Ship:
http://wizzley.co...ig-finish/

Joe Dredd
Shadow: The crew of the Liberator try to do a deal with the worst of criminal organisations, only to find out they are also the enemy they are fighting. Spooky stuff happens. At the end of the episode, they destroy an area of great value to the baddies so they can't use it to hurt others.

Ghost ship: Ditto.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not quite sure if this was neat or just contrived. The ineffectual nature of the antagonists raises the question of why Avon went to such ridiculous lengths to defeat them! And the main flaw in the writing here imo is placing character and relationship development that is supposed to be shocking and new in Orbit happen a season too soon. Big Finish often like to appear clever with foreshadowing and such like, but sometimes it's just nonsensical and a bit smug. Having gone down a new path with Grant, there's loads of scope for development without treading on broadcast events. On a positive note, the mid-episode scenes of Vila alone were effective on their own; it's just that, unlike in the similar Fragments, the tension gets undermined by a pretty boring reveal.

Edit: and talking of ripping off Dr Who, this is The Mind of Evil reborn if ever I heard it!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 10 July 2015 12:42:08
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Was this episode favorably received in the counties of Ogsfordshire and Indianashire? How about elsewhere? Not many reviews on Ghost Ship up yet...

JustBrad
Hoosiershire greatly enjoyed the episode. As Farscape liberally borrowed from B7, this ep seemed to borrow a little back from Farscape.
There was a young man
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
I liked Ghost Ship quite a bit. And there seems not to be any new ideas about so re-hashing old ones seems to be the idea now. I don't have any problem with that. Indianashire- like it a lot!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
22,876,386 unique visits since 8th January 2014