Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,020
· Newest Rebel: stehow

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [26 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
17% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 121
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
RichardMk2
BradPaula wrote:

Doctor Who, The Krotons. Love Classic Who.

One day I'll take you to where it was filmed, as this is my home town!

sweevo
Going through a video-game-movie phase - after seeing the abysmal Super Mario Brothers and the uber-cheesy Street Fighter, I'm now looking at the so-accurate-to-the-games-it's-actually-kind-of-shockingly-good Mortal Kombat, which, apart from the lack of blood and gore (although it does include some of the games' signature moves and fatalities), is a damn fine movie based on a video game. Now... all together now... (takes a deep breath)...

...MORTAL KOMBAT!!

sweevo
Now I'm looking at the much-maligned sequel, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

BradPaula
Doctor Who: Web of Fear.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Web....is it safe? - I shouldn't think so for a moment...watch out for newspaper seller...aaarrrgghh. Just reading The Life of Evans, good book...driver I am! Lethbridge Stewart adventure, sequel to Horror of Fang Rock next

rojkerr1
Dr Who Horror of Fang Rock, the ballad of flannen isle...

sweevo
The whole story can be summed up in two words: Everybody dies.

Child Of Auron
Continuing my re-watch of Are You Being Served?

I started season 5 today

Psychostrategist
Soon to rewatch:

Our Friends in the North (actually I've not seen this yet, only bits and pieces)
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister

If I find either OFITN or rewatches of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister not to my liking I can always just watch Fawlty Towers which never fails to put a smile on me.

JustBrad
"(Systems) laugh at us for our inability to capture a handful of escaped prisoners whose exploits are becoming legendary."

No, I'm not watching Blake's 7, I'm watching Farscape. Those aren't Servalan's words, but Graza's, who bears a marked resemblance to Servalan.

Child Of Auron
Now on to season 2 of The West Wing

Annoying Mandy has disappeared and no one is even mentioning her Grin

sweevo
Drop Dead Fred, starring the late great Rik Mayall in what was meant to be a star-making role Stateside. I only have half a dozen words for this waste of celluloid: Oh. My. God. What a trainwreck. This is quite possibly one of the worst movies I have EVER had the displeasure of viewing - I saw it once as a child, it disturbed me, I saw it again as an adolescent, I thought it was weird, and now, seeing it as an adult, it's just... what the hell? Is it supposed to be funny? This makes Kickassia look like an Oscar-winning epic by comparison.

One Spare Part
Psychostrategist wrote:

Soon to rewatch:

Our Friends in the North (actually I've not seen this yet, only bits and pieces)
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister

If I find either OFITN or rewatches of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister not to my liking I can always just watch Fawlty Towers which never fails to put a smile on me.

Just finished rewatching our friends in the north. They don't make em like this anymore. The story of 4 friends set against the events of the times they are living through. No histrionics. Believable characters acting in a credible way. The heart is there in the story no manipulation is needed. Therefore when any of our friends goes through bad times you feel it with them. I still cry buckets at the end.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

"(Systems) laugh at us for our inability to capture a handful of escaped prisoners whose exploits are becoming legendary."

No, I'm not watching Blake's 7, I'm watching Farscape. Those aren't Servalan's words, but Graza's, who bears a marked resemblance to Servalan.

Farscape is something I keep starting to watch then fail to finish. More a reflection on my inability to focus. Farscape os really quite brilliant in parts and does share many attributes with B7. I must try harder to complete viewing.

Klenotka
One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Farscape is something I keep starting to watch then fail to finish. More a reflection on my inability to focus. Farscape os really quite brilliant in parts and does share many attributes with B7. I must try harder to complete viewing.

Farscape is great. The creator of the show even admitted his affection and inspiration in B7 (same for Babylon 5 Smile ) I love how different each season is and even though season 4 is probably the weakest in the term of opening episodes, the story perfectly ends up in last episodes. I was happy they got the final miniseries as a proper ending. But it is very crazy and weird in places, however I have to say that Ben Browder and Claudia Black are excellent and til these days, very underrated actors. Claudia is very funny in person and Ben is...very weird in person Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:

I have to say that Ben Browder and Claudia Black are excellent and til these days, very underrated actors. Claudia is very funny in person and Ben is...very weird in person Grin

Indeed, the casting throughout the series is perfect. None are truly great actors, but all are truly great in their roles. It's a credit that almost everyone in the show will always be known best for the role they played in Farscape. I especially give them credit for casting Claudia as the female romantic lead. They could have gone with a model, but chose an actress who could look and act convincing as a soldier, and still be vulnerable when the role required it.

Klenotka
JustBrad wrote:

Klenotka wrote:

I have to say that Ben Browder and Claudia Black are excellent and til these days, very underrated actors. Claudia is very funny in person and Ben is...very weird in person Grin

Indeed, the casting throughout the series is perfect. None are truly great actors, but all are truly great in their roles. It's a credit that almost everyone in the show will always be known best for the role they played in Farscape. I especially give them credit for casting Claudia as the female romantic lead. They could have gone with a model, but chose an actress who could look and act convincing as a soldier, and still be vulnerable when the role required it.

Thatīs what I loved about her character....all characters, but mostly female characters. They all were women, who were normal people with some emotions they struggled with but were able to take a lead when necessary. I was lucky enough to meet a couple of them in person and they are still very fond of the show, their costars and fans. Virginia Hey even told me she loved the role but health issues she had due to the blue color were just too serious and life threating. But she still loves meeting fans and says it is difficult for her because they donīt get invited as much to Europe and US because it is simply too expensive to bring them from Australia.
Donīt be Lasagne

sweevo
Full Metal Jacket, in memory of the late great R Lee Ermey (Gunnery Sergeant Hartman). Semper fi.

JustBrad
@ Klemnotka. Of the Farscape cast, I've only met Virginia. Like you, she left me with the impression that she really loved working on the show. I think that's something the three greatest shows in sci fi history* have in common, a cast a crew that loved what they were doing.

*B7, and its spiritual children Babylon 5 and Farscape.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

@ Klemnotka. Of the Farscape cast, I've only met Virginia. Like you, she left me with the impression that she really loved working on the show. I think that's something the three greatest shows in sci fi history* have in common, a cast a crew that loved what they were doing.

*B7, and its spiritual children Babylon 5 and Farscape.

Now if you're going to talk about Babylon 5 please include me. Total brilliance. Great story arcs and characters. It made tv sf dangerous again. Star Trek TNG took a huge lesson from Babylon 5 and its excitement levels went way up. And all due to B7.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
13,602,621 unique visits since 8th January 2014