Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,136
· Newest Rebel: pysop45

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [36 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 156
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

Watched "Stop Me Before I Kill"aka "Full Treatment". That is nearly 2 hours I'll never get back!

Another attempt by Hammer studios to make a Psychological Thriller.
There was some potential here, but it would have been much better at 90 minutes.
At 2 hours, the pace lagged. Badly. And it would have been better if the killer had a motive.
Or if the protagonist wasn't a jerk... you get the idea...

Perhaps Hammer should have stuck to Vampires, Mummies, and the occasional riveting war film.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Klenotka
AGents of SHIELD - season 6...I love the show but season 6 was weird, too short, stories didn īt work and....well, season 7 looks like fun so I will just forget this one existed Grin
Donīt be Lasagne

BradPaula
Just started watching The Terrahawks tonight. And also started Victoria, series 3.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Just finished watching the TV 6-ep adaptation of 'Catch-22'.
I've seen the 1970 film several times, and likewise read the book, so I knew the story and was interested to see how they'd adapt it.

On the whole, I thought it was good. It looked lovely - the Italian locations, the period feel, the music. Some of the dialogue was lifted wholesale from the book, the characters were well portrayed - especially the actor playing Yossarian. Alan Arkin is a hard act to follow, but he did well. Some of the black humour from the book/movie was lost in favour of keeping the TV series more real. In terms of structure, the movie played around with time, with flashbacks and flashforwards (eat your heart out, Tarantino - Mike Nichols did it first, and better!) - while the TV series was an easier to follow chronological order.

Overall, I'd give it 8 out of 10. Not perfect, but pretty good.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Ela
Got sucked into Agents of SHIELD.

One Spare Part
Talking Pictures - for those of you who can get it - is showing a series called Rooms which began in 1974. 2 part dramas about the comings and goings in a lodging house. I have seen that Jenny Twigge and Lorna Heilbron are in it amongst a load of stars of Brit TV . Who needs a time travelling device when they show old series like this?!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Henry Eggleton
John Wick Perabellam
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
littlesue
One Spare Part wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Ye gods...just spotted that Talking Pictures are showing The Freewheelers this coming Saturday and Sunday at Noon.
All aboard the Southerner!!! (That was Southern TV's boat by the way!)

This will be interesting. My older brothers have clear memories of this but I can only get glimpses and the feem toon. Worth a look but I don't think I'm going to love it. You never know though...

I've managed to watch the first episode of the Freewheelers and have recorded the second one. I can't remember ever seeing this series 6. I think it was because I was either at 6th Form College or working full time and couldn't get home in time. But I'm loving trying to figure out where they were filming. Shanklin I.O.W (with all the crowds standing around, watching) and I'm sure they are out in the New Forest driving hell for leather.
Still love the music though.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Henry Eggleton
Into the Spiderverse

sweevo
Just finished the original Superman tetralogy starring the late, great Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel - here are my thoughts:

Superman: The Movie - a classic and arguably the first modern comic-book movie
Superman 2 - a strong sequel which acts as the continuation and conclusion of the story established in the previous film (both movies were shot back-to-back as a single story)
Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut - a completely different edit which has its strong points but also weaknesses (a hybrid based on both Donner and Lester cuts would be ideal for me)
Superman 3 - an OK sequel but this is where the ship starts to sink
Superman 4: The Quest for Peace - the ship has sunk into the ocean floor

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

Just finished the original Superman tetralogy starring the late, great Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel - here are my thoughts:

Superman: The Movie - a classic and arguably the first modern comic-book movie
Superman 2 - a strong sequel which acts as the continuation and conclusion of the story established in the previous film (both movies were shot back-to-back as a single story)
Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut - a completely different edit which has its strong points but also weaknesses (a hybrid based on both Donner and Lester cuts would be ideal for me)
Superman 3 - an OK sequel but this is where the ship starts to sink
Superman 4: The Quest for Peace - the ship has sunk into the ocean floor

I'd agree with your assessments, sweevo - though I've not seen the Richard Donner Cut of #2. For me, Superman 1 and 2 were like Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back - one of those rare occasions when the sequel was as good as, or even better than the original. Superman 3 was weak, and 'Quest for Peace' was dreadful!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

rojkerr1
Paula, I love the Zeroids and cubes in TerraHawks, I have the original story boards for the
noughts and crosses game somewhere

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
The Dark Crystal..that movie would have freaked me out as a child.

Now to watch the Netflix prequels.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

The Dark Crystal..that movie would have freaked me out as a child.

Now to watch the Netflix prequels.

My 5-year-old nephew hates that movie.

Henry Eggleton
wont be watching the new series on NetFlix then?

One Spare Part
I am super excited because today -13th September 2019 - is the 20th 'anniversary' of the moon blasting out of earth's orbit. What the heck am I wittering on about? Space 1999 of course! Will be watching Breakaway tonight after work, wearing my Space 1999 T shirt...waiting for more S1999 tees to be delivered...hopefully with the Big Finish audio of S1999 resting next to me, having been delivered hopefully earlier in the day...I think I have gone a little iddy biddy bit bonkers.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

RichardMk2
rojkerr1 wrote:

Paula, I love the Zeroids and cubes in TerraHawks, I have the original story boards for the
noughts and crosses game somewhere

I enjoyed wathcing Terrahawks when it first aired.

RichardMk2
Last night I finished watching "Knights of God". I thought it was quite a good series.

Henry Eggleton
One Spare Part wrote:

I am super excited because today -13th September 2019 - is the 20th 'anniversary' of the moon blasting out of earth's orbit. What the heck am I wittering on about? Space 1999 of course! Will be watching Breakaway tonight after work, wearing my Space 1999 T shirt...waiting for more S1999 tees to be delivered...hopefully with the Big Finish audio of S1999 resting next to me, having been delivered hopefully earlier in the day...I think I have gone a little iddy biddy bit bonkers.

I think the date in the novel was the 9th of September 1999

sweevo
Going through a Friday the 13th marathon, to see how many movies in the franchise I can sit through before throwing in the towel (although I think the last good one is Part 6: Jason Lives - partially due to having an awesome theme song by Alice Cooper).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
22,025,675 unique visits since 8th January 2014