Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,142
· Newest Rebel: blackprince

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 157
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
Klenotka
JMS, as a creator of B5, even used one of the ship designs from B7 there. I had no idea until I saw the designs!
Donīt be Lasagne

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:

JMS, as a creator of B5, even used one of the ship designs from B7 there. I had no idea until I saw the designs!

Indeed, you need only take one look at Excalibur from Crusade to know the influence of B7 on Babylon 5.

That, and the fact that Sheridan's wife, who is now working for the Shadows, is named Anna.

BradPaula
Doctor Who: Enemy of the World with Pat Troughton playing a dual role. Love seeing the old classic Who.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
I'm glad that story's been fully restored, footage and all - it's easily one of the best from the 2nd Doctor's era (and one of the few non-BUS - Base Under Siege - works that populated his era).

rojkerr1
very good story, Mary Peach is well...peachy! My own very young first memory of Dr Who when Salamander descends to the survival chamber...I was 5 I think.
my fave is Tomb I think, for various reasons, mainly for the Drs 'sleep in my mind' conversation with Victoria. Troughton is wonderful, he and Tom my fave Drs

One Spare Part
All this talk about dr who is making me nostalgic for the "monster" era / jon pertwee as the doc. Fab cybermen, grotesque church statue, ice warriors, the odd dinosaur or two. Every week had something new to scare us behind our settees/cushions. Those green squirting maggots gave me nightmares.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Child Of Auron
Oh dear. I have just watched the film version of Are You Being Served?

Why was it that successful British comedies just couldn't translate to the big screen?

The jokes were there but so many were recycled from the tv series, the cast seemed to be just going through the motions and nothing really seemed to happen.

There were moments I did laugh but it certainly wasn't on par with many of the tv episodes 6/10

sweevo
"Reaction & Review", a YouTube series focusing on a cinephile who watches movies, reacts to them and reviews them (the show's host, Emer Prevost, died last year - I wasn't close friends with him, but I was on good terms with him - we were acquaintances and I still miss him today).

Child Of Auron
And today season 3 of The West Wing kicked off.

The first episode they aired was a special written post 9/11 talking about terrorism and the views people had. Episode 2 was West Wing proper and carried on where the second season ended.

Nice to see Stockard Channing finally in the opening credits Smile

JustBrad
Klenotka wrote:

Claudia is very funny in person ...Grin

Really? I'm shocked.

i2.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/fs-beware2.jpg

sweevo
"The Wicker Man", the original 1973 version (there's no way I'd touch the 2006 remake with a Federation cattle prod), as it is May Day today. Smile

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
sweevo wrote:

"The Wicker Man", the original 1973 version (there's no way I'd touch the 2006 remake with a Federation cattle prod), as it is May Day today. Smile

That is awesome movie.

Avengers Infinity War...media.tenor.com/images/20a6c063f322099ce399ae9d4994a522/tenor.gif
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

sweevo
Both "Demons" movies, then I might watch Enter the Dragon (I've never seen it but I know that it, along with the Jean-Claude Van Damme classic Bloodsport, pretty much spawned a legion of tropes in the modern fighting game genre such as Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter).

sweevo
Red Dwarf in Japanese... and, boy, is it surreal.

sweevo
My Neighbour Totoro... apparently, there's a sequel in the works (not counting the short film Mei and the Kittenbus, which is only viewable at the Ghibli Museum in Tokyo, Japan), which makes me wonder: what kind of material is there to work with and can lightning strike twice?

sweevo
Porco Rosso - since I'm having bacon for supper, why not?

JustBrad
Red Dwarf Season 10

sweevo
Kiki's Delivery Service - still one of my favourite Hayao Miyazaki movies (I have a Japanese reading AND listening exam on 21 May followed by a final writing test on 25 May, and then I am DONE with studying this machine-code-like language).

TheElfandherFriends
The Expanse. Very good sci-fi series where earth and Mars are separate and competing military powers. There's a spaceship with an idealistic captain (who is a bit dull and worthy to be honest) and some very interesting and morally conflicted supporting crew members. Sounds familiar?

Klenotka
TheElfandherFriends wrote:

The Expanse. Very good sci-fi series where earth and Mars are separate and competing military powers. There's a spaceship with an idealistic captain (who is a bit dull and worthy to be honest) and some very interesting and morally conflicted supporting crew members. Sounds familiar?

I got stuck in the second episode of season 1. I want to continue but there is no time Smile

As for the corrupted crew etc. I think many concepts come from similar basics, and it does not have to be just B7 Smile
Donīt be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.91 seconds
22,422,949 unique visits since 8th January 2014