Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 1
daro2096

· Total Rebels: 1,074
· Newest Rebel: Kirbmaster

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [33 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [9 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 137
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
sweevo
The entire Metal Gear saga, a 12-hour-plus cutscene movie consisting of every cutscene from the Metal Gear Solid games in chronological (note: not release/production) order.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Took the kids ...well, they are tens now to see Deadpool 2.

Lots of gratuitous violence, bad language, in-jokes and cultural references..

we enjoyed it.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

we enjoyed it.

Deadpool is the one I can't get into. Don't know why cos I should like it... am I getting old? Answers on a B7 forum can be posted on tonight's rewatch...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

[quote]Travisina wrote:

Series 2 of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. It picks up after the end of the book, so unlike Series 1, I have no idea where the story will go. Harrowing stuff. Gave me nightmares.

On Thursday, I went to see the cinema relay of the National Theatre's 'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB. Brilliant, but also the stuff of nightmares.

Can anyone recommend something cheerful to watch?[/quote
Hannibal...lol

I worked with him, you know. Anthony Hopkins, that is. Brilliant chap, and extremely likeable.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

we enjoyed it.

I loved the first one - haven't seen no.2 yet.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

[quote]Travisina wrote:

Series 2 of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. It picks up after the end of the book, so unlike Series 1, I have no idea where the story will go. Harrowing stuff. Gave me nightmares.

On Thursday, I went to see the cinema relay of the National Theatre's 'Macbeth', starring Rory Kinnear and Ann-Marie Duff as Mr & Mrs McB. Brilliant, but also the stuff of nightmares.

Can anyone recommend something cheerful to watch?[/quote
Hannibal...lol

I worked with him, you know. Anthony Hopkins, that is. Brilliant chap, and extremely likeable.

Have you seen he is in a new version of King Lear on BBC this monday? It looks really good from the trailer.

One Spare Part
I am just now watching Night Strangler the follow up to Night Stalker. If anyone has ever seen Kolchak you will know that it can get very atmospheric, very scary. Nightmares tonight...

sweevo
Mortal Kombat (the 2011 reboot video game) as a cutscene movie - the game takes place in an alternate timeline chronicling the first three MK games. I'll say this for it - it's a better movie than Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, which felt like a toned-down cartoon.

rojkerr1
Glad you got a copy, it was on TV today! Very good, Oscar Goldman goes berserk!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Glad you got a copy, it was on TV today! Very good, Oscar Goldman goes berserk!

All the talk about ancient SF films that goes on here has got me thinking: what is the name of the b/w British SF set in an English village: aliens in spacesuits are slowly rampaging about the place and our heroes are barricaded in an olde English pub at one point...?

Child Of Auron
Over the course of the Bank Holiday weekend I watched season 8 of Are You Being Served. And the decline continues.
Yet another head of menswear, in fact two within the space of eight episodes.
We also lost Trevor Bannister as Mr Lucas between seasons, being replaced by Mike Berry's Mr Spooner. Straight away it seems the writers don't know what to do with him, often being banished from the canteen table or just stood in a scene to make one line gags at the expense of Mrs Slocombe.
We also said goodbye to "Young Mr Grace" to be replaced by his inferior older brother "Old Mr Grace".
Yet there were still some funny moments but nowhere near its heyday only a few seasons back

Child Of Auron
I have also started season 6 of "The West Wing". Some big changes are already here within the first four episodes. Leo has had his heart attack (boo), CJ has a promotion (yay) and Jimmy Smits has made his first appearance. Although there are still about 40 episodes to go over the next couple of seasons the beginning of the end has started.

rojkerr1
The Earth Dies screaming, Spare part. Low budget but enjoyable, Dennis price? Was it Black and white? Just watched Angry Red Planet (great theme)and just managed to get through They came from beyond space...Amicus having an off day...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

The Earth Dies screaming, Spare part. Low budget but enjoyable, Dennis price? Was it Black and white? Just watched Angry Red Planet (great theme)and just managed to get through They came from beyond space...Amicus having an off day...

That's the one. I should have remembered it having that iconic title! I knew you would know!

Psychostrategist
Just watched all of season one of Krypton, the new series set to explore Superman's homeworld and the roots of the House of El and the House of Zod. There's a pretty big twist in season one I won't spoil but one non-spoiler I could not help but notice was that they made Zod Black, in keeping with the P.C. mores of late. On the upside he's played by Colin Salmon who did as admirably well in the role as he does in everything else. I'm sure some of you remember him from his version of Avon in the relatively recent short-lived audio remake of B7.

I went into it with low expectations based on scathing reviews but found the show enjoyable to watch overall. I didn't like the obligatory inclusion of the homo-wink-nod thing with the Adam Strange character and one of the Kryptonian guards, but was grateful showrunners didn't take it anywhere. I similarly found distasteful and unwanted the near pointless casual mention by Zek-El's presumed future wife that one of her former lovers was a woman.

But despite the P.C. garbage, largely lifted aloft by Colin Salmon's Zod but with pretty good performances from a number of actors, Krypton is probably worth watching if you like scifi and like me appreciate there is slim pickins at the moment for new scifi.

rojkerr1
Star Trek Enterprise from the beginning, really enjoying it actually, couldn't make head or tail of the most recent Trek. Lost in Space next, most recent reboot

Psychostrategist
I didn't enjoy Star Trek: Enterprise the first watch through. I found Scott Bakula sort of boring to watch. I kept getting hung up on his boring season 1 obsession with his dog, the sort of scenes that were endearing though implausible character development opportunities at first but then became lame through reiteration. Tucker's Dukes of Hazzard style chief engineer rubbed me wrong too. I say I'm easy to please on scifi but I guess I'm sort of a nitpicky bastard, really. I should work on consistency.

But on subsequent watchthroughs I found Enterprise fun, except for all of Season 3, the Xindi arc, which I just found laughable from a biological perspective.

Star Trek seems to have issue with getting the audience to care about minor characters and only Deep Space Nine (Moore's Trek) really did that better than the rest. With the brand new Trek, there is zero character development of even the bridge crew, with the exception of Saru. A regrettable oversight. I'd like to know how mechanical eye cute redhead got her mechanical eye, and where other dude on other side of bridge came from, but I don't, because they didn't tell me.

Star Trek: Obsessesed with Mushrooms, is what new show might be called. If it said at the end, "Sponsored by Paul Stamets' Host Defense" then its core techno-lore might make more sense to me. I still found plenty to like in it though, beautiful detailed sets, good acting, writing that held the ability to surprise. Found plenty to dislike too, as you might imagine. Wink

sweevo
Just finished watching the entire run of Mortal Kombat: Conquest (which only lasted a single season and ended on a cliffhanger that would make the final episode of B7 look like child's play). It's quite a shame that the show was cancelled at this point because despite its low budget, it's actually a decent show with a good cast of characters (it takes place 500 years before the games and movies so we follow the adventures of the Great Kung Lao along with the Thunder God Raiden, and of course, the franchises's staple villains in the form of soul-stealing sorcerer Shang Tsung and Emperor Shao Kahn).

Here's the ending to the final episode, by the way:

https://www.youtu...uQeGos15ds
Edited by sweevo on 03 June 2018 00:34:33

BradPaula
Kelly's Heroes. I have to admit, Donald Sutherland stole the film! Had to be a time traveler as he played a tank commander as a stoned hippie. Very entertaining.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Psychostrategist
Just watched all of the cancelled one season run of Marvel's: Inhumans.

At first I thought it was very cheesy, with super cheesy makeup, slightly cheesy writing, and a really cheesy character in the form of a gigantic teleporting bulldog. Then I saw the princess of this lunar city of mutants and decided I could put up with more than I first thought:

i.imgur.com/HzfLJ2T.jpg

Only eight or nine episodes in length, each episode flows without lapse of time from the end of the last so it's basically a super long movie. Most shows that say they do arc storytelling break it up a bit with B-plot type episodes or various standalones but here it was all meant to be marathon watched I felt.

Bits of it were bad, as in cheesy without endearing or redeeming quality, but overall pretty entertaining and they made some novel choices like a king, a central character, who never spoke but nonetheless did a good job acting the role and communicating as needed. Interesting technobabble and decent depicting of a sort of cool setting no one's going to see more of again, seems. They struck what I call a good balance on use, not overuse, of humour, which was welcome. It never detracted from the story, seemed out of place, or slapsticky. It almost always resulted in increased empathy for the characters on the screen or a show of empathy between two characters. Good show, well not really but better than some others still going. Wastebinned though.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
18,527,491 unique visits since 8th January 2014