Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,074
· Newest Rebel: Kirbmaster

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [33 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [9 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 137
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you watching?
JustBrad
Outlaw King on Netflix.

Not bad, but I have to say it left me a bit flat. After Braveheart, I had hoped for something dramatic, but also historically accurate.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

ok, its Slaver Weapon, based on the Soft Weapon story by Larry Niven, which also featured feline kzinti one of my fave species, Spock played the part originally played by a mad species of Puppeteer, which looks like a two headed three legged ostrich, see cover of Neutron Star, by Larry Niven.
The Puppeteer kicks chuft-captain Kzinti, breaking his ribs so he can't call for help until honour is satisfied, as Spock did in the adapted story, and the poor Kzin telepaths are as they appear in both stories, bless their droopy ears and tails...whew...! Finally!

I'd have got there eventually....not! Oddly Larry Niven didn't do it for me. More of a Philip K Dick fan.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Outlaw King on Netflix.

Not bad, but I have to say it left me a bit flat. After Braveheart, I had hoped for something dramatic, but also historically accurate.

The strange thing about historical dramas is that messing round with the facts sometimes makes for better viewing...however it has to be done right and you understand the dramatic reasoning behind it. Otherwise I am with you on that. I hate "bad facts" in drama.

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Outlaw King on Netflix.

The strange thing about historical dramas is that messing round with the facts sometimes makes for better viewing...however it has to be done right and you understand the dramatic reasoning behind it. Otherwise I am with you on that. I hate "bad facts" in drama.

Historically I found it fairly accurate.

I don't know if this translates, but dramatically, I found it a 'Cliff's Notes' version of what could have been high drama.

rojkerr1
I love Flight of the Horse by Niven, Time Travel stories, and his Ringworld series, I like Philip too, Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch! we can remember it for you Wholesale

One Spare Part
Rojkerr saw this and thought of you
https://youtu.be/PUIPY80XoAw
Thinking I might rewatch it.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Outlaw King on Netflix.

Historically I found it fairly accurate.

I don't know if this translates, but dramatically, I found it a 'Cliff's Notes' version of what could have been high drama.

That is a great description of what drama can do wrong whilst seeming to be spot on. Takes all the beauty away.
For me, Andrew Davies' version of War and Peace is a great way to tell history, abridge a sweeping story while still getting it to make sense as well as creating a perfect television drama

rojkerr1
thank you, excellent! my creations, my puppets, my arms...!

sweevo
The classic cartoon King of the Hill, created by Mike Judge of Beavis and Butthead (uh, huh, huh!) fame. Smile

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

thank you, excellent! my creations, my puppets, my arms...!

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout willis? Aka rojkerr...Shock

rojkerr1
New Avengers Faces. Dialogue.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

New Avengers Faces. Dialogue.

You'll be making me rewatch New Avengers at this rate. Already seen Return of the Cybernauts...whack! Plastic skin attack!

One Spare Part
Just in the middle of watching Split starring James McAvoy. Not sure I could carry on watching it if I hadn't read that it is a sort of sequel to Unbreakable which is a big favourite of mine. Plus there is a 3rd film to come.

rojkerr1
u can never get too much New Avengers...that's funny, - not the way I said it! Just keep driving round and round....take your hands off me you beast! You came along when i needed to punch something...is that a big f or a small f? A small f- it suits you!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

u can never get too much New Avengers...that's funny, - not the way I said it! Just keep driving round and round....take your hands off me you beast! You came along when i needed to punch something...is that a big f or a small f? A small f- it suits you!

I think you need help...

rojkerr1
I have a good memory for classic dialogue!

RichardMk2
I'm working my way through Season 2 of "Secret Army". For those you not familiar with it, it's a BBC Drama set in occupied Belgium during WW2. It focuses on a group who run an evasion line to enable crashed Allied Airman to escape back to Britain

One Spare Part
[quote]RichardMk2 wrote:

I'm working my way through Season 2 of "Secret Army". For those you not familiar with it, it's a BBC Drama set in occupied Belgium during WW2. It focuses on a group who run an evasion line to enable crashed Allied Airman to escape back to Britain[/quote
I am currently rewatching season 1 . Brilliant stuff. Gripping storylines and fantastic acting.

One Spare Part
They are repeating The Invaders on Horror channel. What a classic series. The beginning (along with Star Trek OS +Dr Who) of my love affair with SF. David Vincent is a great character: the hero who is battling against the odds and who you know will be fighting against THEM all his life. Bittersweet. And I was so amazed and excited when Roy Thinnes made a guest appearance on Dark Skies - the TV series - as an unnamed witness to the ongoing alien invasion.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Binge watching The Cleopatras.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cleopatras)
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
18,528,788 unique visits since 8th January 2014