Death.
What for?
For nothing:
just an empty room.

Control was no longer on Earth.

Hugbot
The Last Drop of my Blood

“Kalmy!”

Blake hadn’t recognised his old friend at first. They had nearly walked past each other when he finally noticed the familiar features.

Kalmy, on the other hand, didn’t recognise Blake. He walked straight on and would have vanished in the depth of the corridor had Blake not grabbed his shoulders.

“Kalmy! It’s me – Roj Blake!”

The man just stared at him. No, he actually stared through him as if Blake wasn’t even there.

“Don’t you remember me? Granted, it’s been a long time. We were still kids. Playing cowboys and indians. You were always Winnetou, I was Old Shatterhand. Does that ring a bell?”

No, it didn’t. Kalmy shoook off Blake’s hand and was about to continue on his way.

“We were blood brothers, remember? We even tried to perform the ritual as we’d read it in the books. Rubbing wounds together to mix our blood. You couldn’t stomach it and went sick. No?”

Kalmy’s face hardened. “Leave me alone, citizen”, he growled. “I must not be hindered in fulfilling my duties.”

For the first time Blake realised the strange appearance of his old friend: the black uniform, the strange bell pepper hat, the pale complexion. He backed away.

“What have they done to you?” he rasped.

Kalmy didn’t answer. Instead, he turned around, now that he was free of the obstructing hand, and marched away.

“What have they done to you?” Blake shouted. But Kalmy was already gone.

Blake swallowed hard. He remembered all the rumours about mutoid modification. Kalmy was no longer his blood brother. Every single drop of Blake’s blood in his veins had been removed.

Roj stared along the corridor. He had heard about resistance groups but never understood why people felt compelled to plot against the Federation. After all, he had a good job and was a well respected citizen.

But now he suddenly had the urge to join them.

Travisina
Ooh, excellent stuff, Huggie. Great poem and story Smile
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Horizon

Ro
and
Selma:
True rulers
of Silmareno.
The Federation is ousted!
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes