View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder: B8 Hostage - Saturday 21 May
Travisina
Rewatch Australia: B8 Hostage
Saturday 21 May 2022, 10.30am (UK) / 7.30pm (Australia)

In which we meet Blake's uncle and cousin, Vila knows THE WORD and polystyrene rocks make awesome weapons...
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Obsidian
Sorry folks; I won't be able to join you for THE WORD! THE WORD! THE WORD! or the polystyrene rocks and bandoliers this evening. I'll be at an election party (or wake – take your pick). Serious business this. The Feds or the other duffers: it's a tough choice.

Please enjoy Travis' black patent leather boots for me and look out for the momentary flutter in Avon's eye when he realises fully that he's put Blake at risk.

I'll miss youse all. Have fun! O xxxx
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.

https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Travisina
Hi Obsidian - good luck, whatever the results Frown

I think most 'democratic' elections nowadays are like that. South Park called it years ago - back in 2004! - with the school elections between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich...
South Park

I won't be joining you either, 'cos I'm out for the day meeting up with PurpleCleric. I'll catch up with the thread later. Have a good rewatch, folks!
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Pilot53
Well I'm down & safe. Voted last Friday on my way home. By this time tomorrow night we'll see who'll be our PM & what political party we'll have.
Edited by Pilot53 on 21-05-2022 10:17
Australia
The Penal Colony
Where Servalan is supreme commander.

Pilot53
Sorry both Travisina & Obisidian won't be joining us tonight. Hope all r well to date here. Winter is on our doorstep as summer is on yrs so bring on the ol Barbie fire it up.
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Couldn't help but notice there r few here who have posted multiple times. Some have over 400 yet I've only 122. I remember the old B7 site I had 1k posts after being a member for 18 months or so. Wonder if I get a lucky door prize once I reach the 500 mark🤔🤔😁😁😁
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
And the WORD???....TELEPORT!!....
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Thort it interesting they chose Villa as the weakest link to reveal the signal to teleport. Travis played a shrewed part in his acquisition to gain possession of the Liberator.
Australia
The Penal Colony

Pilot53
Back soon see u all.....
Cheers....
Australia
The Penal Colony

M1795537OCVirn
What just happened????
Good to know you're around, Pilot53, even if you've disappeared again...
No Travisina, no Obsidian.... but Servalan turns up today, and I have a new pack of Prawn Cocktail Pringles to go at... Bring it on!
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Tyce
I’m here. But as they say in the Rocky Horror Show - not for very much longer. (Soon I’ll be there.) LOL I don’t have time to rewatch tonight but I’ll check out comments as we go along.

I do hope you are all well.

M1795537OCVirn
In that case, I'm starting. Looking forward to the bit where Jenna steers using an angle-poise lamp...

M1795537OCVirn
Argh! They're flying into Space Covid!

AnneArthur
Hi, I'm here - laptop taking it's time to get up to speed as usual. I am just at the point where we learn that the Federation also have a detector shield.

M1795537OCVirn
Anne! I'm not alone any more....

AnneArthur
I am feeling slightly guilty about last week - I perhaps implied that British trains are late all the time. This isn't true - it does happen, but it's unusual. Most trains do still run to time. So I think not worth changing your plans for.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Argh! They're flying into Space Covid!

That's what I was thinking!

M1795537OCVirn
Excellent use of Federation records, Travis, to discover Blake's family background.

AnneArthur
So now the Federation have a detector shield, our heroes don't, and Avon has lost a chance to make money (aww...)

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Excellent use of Federation records, Travis, to discover Blake's family background.

As Servalan said the other week - he may be mad, but he isn't stupid.

Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

I am feeling slightly guilty about last week - I perhaps implied that British trains are late all the time. This isn't true - it does happen, but it's unusual. Most trains do still run to time. So I think not worth changing your plans for.

Noted, thanks AnneArthur. I’ll just play it by ear, if there are issues I’ll consider alternatives. My friends and I have already decided to go to the big events by black cab so we won’t have to worry about trains on those nights.

M1795537OCVirn
Servalan's looking good. Love the corsage. And a practical-length dress for once.

AnneArthur
Ah, this is the episode where it is hinted that Servalan has a drink problem.

AnneArthur
The patent insincerity of that 'Councillor Joban'.

M1795537OCVirn
And now they're off to Betchworth Quarry again. Mind the buddleia.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Servalan's looking good. Love the corsage. And a practical-length dress for once.

She's had quite a few of those outfits in Season 2 - does she start to go really over the top when she gets the presidency?

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

She has a drink, not a drink problem. Hiding the evidence from someone who clearly does enjoy the odd glass or three is a neat move, not a guilty one. She doesn't do guilt.

AnneArthur
The terrain supports minimum vegetation - and we immediately see a flourishing buddleia.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

She has a drink, not a drink problem. Hiding the evidence from someone who clearly does enjoy the odd glass or three is a neat move, not a guilty one. She doesn't do guilt.

You're probably right - we certainly never see it again, and it would be out of character. She is someone who values control above all.

M1795537OCVirn

AnneArthur wrote:

The patent insincerity of that 'Councillor Joban'.

And the 'I value our friendship'. She means,'I want you onside', or else...

AnneArthur
Everyone's using the pointy tools this week.

M1795537OCVirn
I tried to warn you about the buddleia. Probably man-eating.

Tyce

AnneArthur wrote:

Yeah that’s really funny.

M1795537OCVirn
You count the frock with the climbing lizard practical, then?

AnneArthur
And Avon hides behind a buddleia.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

You count the frock with the climbing lizard practical, then?

No, but the coat she was wearing earlier was reasonably practical.

M1795537OCVirn
2-4-6 is not a co-ordinate! Possibly a triangulate...

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

2-4-6 is not a co-ordinate! Possibly a triangulate...

It's odd that that's a detail they can never get right.

AnneArthur

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

I tried to warn you about the buddleia. Probably man-eating.

Grin

AnneArthur
Inga's outfit is not very practical for the climate, one would think.

I do like Servalan's furs.

Jump to Forum