View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
Rewatch Downunder - D9 Sand, Saturday 26th November
Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Great stuff, everyone. And now I'm off to play with the emojis, to see what happens when I give them brackets. Or maybe other things....

Have a great week, and stay safe.

🤔 Curiouser and curiouser...
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron.

https://www.seraglio-design.com/
Travisina

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I am torn between feeling that it is a bit arrogant of Tanith Lee to reference her other episode, and liking the fact that someone is mentioning Cally.

I like it because so rarely is there any mention of previous events. The problem with having different writers who are only interested in their offering. It makes sense for her to hark back to something that would disturb Vila.

And I like how affected Vila is, more so than the others. He really liked Cally.

And , as most fen would have it, he felt guilty for not going back to get her when she called and the lid closed on the shaft.

For sure. He even says that he'd 'rescued the wrong one'.
There is no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Tyce
Good night/morning everyone, far from my favourite episode that but I really enjoyed the company.

Obsidian

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I am torn between feeling that it is a bit arrogant of Tanith Lee to reference her other episode, and liking the fact that someone is mentioning Cally.

I like it because so rarely is there any mention of previous events. The problem with having different writers who are only interested in their offering. It makes sense for her to hark back to something that would disturb Vila.

And I like how affected Vila is, more so than the others. He really liked Cally.

And , as most fen would have it, he felt guilty for not going back to get her when she called and the lid closed on the shaft.

Certainly, given Tarrant's treatment of him most times.

M1795537OCVirn

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Vila is the only one who shows 'normal' human responses. He actually feels guilt. The others don't - they all have psychopathic traits! Maybe it's how people in general have adapted to living in the Third Calendar.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Obsidian

Tyce wrote:

Good night/morning everyone, far from my favourite episode that but I really enjoyed the company.

'Bye Tyce. Have a good week.

AnneArthur
Again, Servalan can smash that silly little cube of water without cutting her fingers. Quite a woman!

Travisina
Nice to 'see' people today, even if I didn't watch the ep.

Have, I think, dealt with the spider situation, but now need to change my sweatshirt, which smells of vinegar.

Have a good week!

AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Certainly, given Tarrant's treatment of him most times.

I imagine Tarrant was simply nearer the entrance.

AnneArthur
Hope the spiders have gone, Travisina. That was a great episode - but next week's is pretty good too. Hope to see you all then.

Obsidian

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Vila is the only one who shows 'normal' human responses. He actually feels guilt. The others don't - they all have psychpathic traits! Maybe it's how people in general have adapted to living in the Third Calendar.

No, they don't have psychopathic traits. Indeed, except for the purposes of law, there is no clear definition of psychopathy. They just internalise. Vila wears his emotions on his sleeve.

AnneArthur

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Vila is the only one who shows 'normal' human responses. He actually feels guilt. The others don't - they all have psychpathic traits! Maybe it's how people in general have adapted to living in the Third Calendar.

No, they don't have psychopathic traits. Indeed, except for the purposes of law, there is no clear definition of psychopathy. They just internalise. Vila wears his emotions on his sleeve.

And even Vila does not usually talk about Cally when he is well and sober.

Obsidian

Travisina wrote:

Nice to 'see' people today, even if I didn't watch the ep.

Have, I think, dealt with the spider situation, but now need to change my sweatshirt, which smells of vinegar.

Have a good week!

You didn't need to see it Travisina; you could probably recite it all with your eyes closed. So glad you could join us though.

Have a good, less busy week.

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

And even Vila does not usually talk about Cally when he is well and sober.

Indeed. And he was feeling surly by this particular stage.

AnneArthur
See you next week, Obsidian. Have a good week!

Obsidian

AnneArthur wrote:

See you next week, Obsidian. Have a good week!

'Bye Anne. You too. I hope things have calmed down a bit at your end. Mine are on high gear. No rest for the wicked.Grin See you next week.

Joe Dredd
Don - the worst, least B7-y name in any episode of B7.

Is Don, is bad.

Joe Dredd

Travisina wrote:

It should be okay, just so long as it doesn't smell of kairopan.

Kairopan! Of course! Now we're getting to the nub of the mysterious red gem. It's not feldon. It's kairopan!

Travisina

Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:

It should be okay, just so long as it doesn't smell of kairopan.

Kairopan! Of course! Now we're getting to the nub of the mysterious red gem. It's not feldon. It's kairopan!

Mined from the same quarry, of course! Great to see you here, Joe Grin

M1795537OCVirn
Addendum: with reference to the 'girl next door' bit, here's the girl herself explaining it. (Knew I'd heard her talk about it somewhere!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv1Rg...v1Rgp-vo6g
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

Jump to Forum