View Thread
 Print Thread
Horizon Observatory visit
OneSparePart

trevor travis wrote:

OneSparePart wrote:

To Mr "OgfromBucol2",
After taking some time to consider what action I would take, I hereby inform you that my solicitor will be contacting you regarding the attempted destruction of my snapdragon by you, the aforenamed "OgfromBucol2".
We take wee very seriously indeed.
Have a bottle ready for sample purposes.
Yours sincerely,
OgSpecialPlant (Miss)

Warning to OgSpecialPlant (Miss):

If you send any paperwork from solicitors to OgfromBucol2, it's only going to get used for one thing (hint: it's a step up from a wee) - especially since he's completed his potty training!

In that case, I'm sending in a (s) hit squad! AngryAngry
Silflay hraka, u embleer rah!

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/Pw4EuNT.jpg

trevor travis

OneSparePart wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

OneSparePart wrote:

To Mr "OgfromBucol2",
After taking some time to consider what action I would take, I hereby inform you that my solicitor will be contacting you regarding the attempted destruction of my snapdragon by you, the aforenamed "OgfromBucol2".
We take wee very seriously indeed.
Have a bottle ready for sample purposes.
Yours sincerely,
OgSpecialPlant (Miss)

Warning to OgSpecialPlant (Miss):

If you send any paperwork from solicitors to OgfromBucol2, it's only going to get used for one thing (hint: it's a step up from a wee) - especially since he's completed his potty training!

In that case, I'm sending in a (s) hit squad! AngryAngry

Good luck with that, OSP Wink Og was engineered to withstand radiation... and bullets! He says bullets tickle him Pfft
Vote Og.

OgfromBucol2
i.imgur.com/4BztMqE.png

Lorna

Is he horrified or delighted???
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

trevor travis

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Vote Og.

OneSparePart

My secret is out!
Grin
Silflay hraka, u embleer rah!

Hugbot
The current story arc about the Saturnian pirates is planned up to episode 309, and for the time after that, I have ideas for about 15-ish further installments. I still don't know what to do after that, but seeing the sterling work of OgfromBucol2 Pfft, I think I can confidently retire after about episode 325, well knowing that Og will fill the gap! Frown

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/GfFtGsQ.jpg

trevor travis

Hugbot wrote:

The current story arc about the Saturnian pirates is planned up to episode 309, and for the time after that, I have ideas for about 15-ish further installments. I still don't know what to do after that, but seeing the sterling work of OgfromBucol2 Pfft, I think I can confidently retire after about episode 325, well knowing that Og will fill the gap! Frown

Huggy, you've done some brilliant work on this thread. Intrigued to see how we win out against the pirates and when or where our luck starts to run out!
Vote Og.

OgfromBucol2
i.imgur.com/g73HXrD.png

Lorna

Hugbot wrote:

I
I am hoping that thsi comic strip will continue. It would be really missed!!!!Perhaps you could take it in turns?
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

Hugbot

trevor travis wrote:

Huggy, you've done some brilliant work on this thread.

Lorna wrote:

I am hoping that this comic strip will continue. It would be really missed!!!!

Thank you! I want to continue the strip as long as both I and my readers have fun with it; however; I might need a break. On the other hand, I already said that in August last year but then I suddenly had the idea for the Hunt for the Flutonic Reactor epic. So, maybe inspiration will strike again!

In the meantime, I am also enjyoing Og's anarchic humour. Although I don't know whether I would like a fried Mars bar. Shock On the other hand, friends brought me a few Danish marshmallows. Some of them had a raspberry and liquorice flavour. (The Danes are addicted to liquorice, they even have liquorice ice cream!) Sounds weird but is actually tasty!
Edited by Hugbot on 01-04-2024 09:11

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/HArAfml.jpg

Joe Dredd

Hugbot wrote:

they even have liquorice ice cream!) Sounds weird but is actually tasty!

I made liquorice ice cream years ago, from a recipe in the "Icecreamists" book. It was very nice though I need to make it again as I added extra liquorice (as it didn't seem to have dissolved as it should), which was a mistake.

But yes, we love your strip Huggy. It's like liquorice ice cream.

PS I am still enjoying the groovy design work and I liked the German detective show joke in the last one too.

Hugbot

Joe Dredd wrote:

But yes, we love your strip Huggy.

Thank you!

Joe Dredd wrote:

I liked the German detective show joke in the last one too.

Thanks again. I feared that might only fully comprehensible for anyone who has ever suffered through a complete episode of Tatort Sad (Crime Scene) or Derrick Shock (now, that violates the Geneva convention!).

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/ha1l4eV.jpg

trevor travis

Given Og's dubious toilet habits, I was slightly worried what he was passing to Huggy as a baton. Thank goodness it was only a deep-fried Mars bar!
Vote Og.

trevor travis

Huggy, is that true? If so, the cartoon strip is educational too!
Vote Og.

Brad

trevor travis wrote:

It is, indeed, true. The gas giants spin fast.

i.imgur.com/FuZ0Mn2.png
Cockatoo? What Cockatoo? I don't see a Cockatoo!

Hugbot

trevor travis wrote:

This time, the scientific information was indeed true.

However, I wouldn't count on it. I know it might come as a shock, but Saturn's rings are not a giant skating rink, there a no spiders walking the moon, and while the asteroid 449 Hamburga really exists, it is not shaped like a giant hamburger.
Edited by Hugbot on 03-04-2024 06:57

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/9h1Pbpv.jpg

Joe Dredd

Hugbot wrote:

while the asteroid 449 Hamburga really exists, it is not shaped like a giant hamburger.

Is it shaped like Hamburg? Perhaps it just tastes like hamburger.

OgfromBucol2
i.imgur.com/pFCrwfE.png

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/C8DcN4N.jpg

littlesue

GrinGrin
Cold! You don't know the meaning of the word cold!
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of your window!!

Sue's Book Shelf https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z1xg...Zine_Shelf

Rebel Run Video https://youtu.be/8prqS-XZtLo

trevor travis

Poor Og!
Vote Og.

trevor travis

Steady! Grin Grin
Vote Og.

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/DCa7yx6.jpg

trevor travis

Hugbot re-enters the story!
Vote Og.

M1795537OCVirn
So...this is autobiography now?
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

trevor travis

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

If Hugbot really has a giant spike on his head and if we really did go off into space in Wallace & Gromit's rocket, then yes! Wink
Vote Og.

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/sXkYpCP.jpg

trevor travis

Oh no! Sad

But on the bright side, now you can float through walls... or that curtain in Aftermath Wink
Vote Og.

Lorna

Oh nooooooo!!

Hugbot

Lorna wrote:

Oh nooooooo!!

Thank you for your concern!

trevor travis wrote:

But on the bright side, now you can float through walls... or that curtain in Aftermath Wink

Now there's a thought! :-).......

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/qUYwbOm.jpg

Lorna

😀😀

Joe Dredd

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Now? What do you mean 'now'? This thread has been documenting the day the Horizon club went to the observatory since the very first post.

I'm just very grateful that Hugbot - er, and Og too, I suppose - made such detailed notes about the trip because there's an awful lot of it I don't remember. And all the photos seem to be missing.

trevor travis

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The strip is saved... phew!!!!
Vote Og.

Jump to Forum