View Thread
blakes7online » Rewatches » B7 Rewatches
 Print Thread
UK Rewatch - A7 Mission To Destiny
trevor travis
The episode: Albert Seven – Mission To Destiny (Carry On Space Poirot)
The date: Tuesday, February 13th, 2024
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Avon and Cally find out whodunit, and Stuart Fell lives up to his name (PS if anyone wants to find out how the murderer got Stuart Fell onto the top of the cupboard, I’ll explain later). Meanwhile, Blake goes on a trip that takes four days one way and five minutes to return. Maybe Jenna is the same as Holly and doesn’t know how to navigate the ship and is going around in big circles (obligatory Red Dwarf reference).

Episode in a word: 54124.
Character to cheer: Space Poirot, of course. Although he’s the one who misreads it in the first place as 5-4-1-2-4 when it blatantly says S-A-R-A. And he also reveals the murderer with his back turned to her, so that she can pull a gun. So, Space Poirot, 9/10 for style, but 1/10 for execution.
Character to boo: Blake - for being judge, jury and executioner in the final scene.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Recognisable Face: Brian Hopwood (Rafford) was nice Mr Hopwood in Grange Hill. He also played a nasty murderer in Coronation Street. He only lasts one scene in this episode, before writing S-A-R-A using his own blood as he dies. Who would do that? Someone who badly needed a pen (additional Red Dwarf reference).
Best exchange: It’s gotta be: CALLY: “My people have a saying, a man who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken.” AVON: “Life expectancy must be fairly short among your people.”

Blake's 7 will return in... Carry On Throwing Nuts.
Vote Og.

trevor travis
I realise that there is always great confusion about which episode we are going to watch, when it comes to Mission To Destiny, because there are several other episodes with very similar names. To clarify, we are not watching any of the following B7 episodes:

Mission To Dentistry:
Blake develops really bad toothache and is in an even worse mood than usual. But a trip to the dentist can cause problems… especially when the dentist is a big fan of Travis.

Mission To Dysentery:
Fending off ten Federation Pursuit ships simultaneously is never easy. But it’s even more difficult when the crew have diarrhoea, thanks to Cally undercooking her Auron Veggie Chilli Burgers.

Missionary Position on Destiny:
A Season C story. The Ultra recapture Dayna and Tarrant, and want yet more information on the human bonding ceremony (this story is banned in many countries due to its explicit content).

Mission To Dynasty:
Servalan and Alexis Colby both have problems with blokes called Blake… so they decide to pool their resources and also their shoulder pads.

Mission To Destiny Of The Daleks:
A Blake’s 7 / Doctor Who crossover episode, starring Gareth Thomas as Blake, Paul Darrow as Avon, Tom Baker as the Doctor, David Gooderson as Davros and Tom Chadbon as the naked, bound prisoner.

We are NOT watching any of the above five episodes, which all have to wait for another time. However, we are watching:

Mission To Destiny:
Avon and Cally solve a murder mystery on the Ortega, Blake goes off on a wild goose chase and then takes 5 minutes to do a journey which took 100 hours going the other way, and Travis does… well, nothing because he’s not in this episode.
Vote Og.

Brad
i.imgur.com/Cl3z3iU.jpeg

See here in bloody lines I have set down;
And what is written shall be executed. Titus Andronicus V ii

i.imgur.com/FuZ0Mn2.png
Cockatoo? What Cockatoo? I don't see a Cockatoo!

trevor travis

Brad wrote:

i.imgur.com/Cl3z3iU.jpeg

See here in bloody lines I have set down;
And what is written shall be executed. Titus Andronicus V ii

Hmmm, that still just shows how stupid Avon and Cally are in this episode. It clearly says S-A-R-A!!! Grin
Vote Og.

Hugbot
During the rewatch of this episode, someone usually asks how Sara had managed to get Dortmunn's body onto the cupboard.

As TT already has lots to explain later, I'll help him and give you the answer to this particular question now:

i.imgur.com/rj0PgDg.jpg

trevor travis

Hugbot wrote:

During the rewatch of this episode, someone usually asks how Sara had managed to get Dortmunn's body onto the cupboard.

As TT already has lots to explain later, I'll help him and give you the answer to this particular question now:

i.imgur.com/rj0PgDg.jpg

Cheers Hugbot - I'm sure it's Sue who asks this question each year - she won't need to this year.

Just the various other plot-holes in this episode to deal with now Grin
Vote Og.

littlesue

trevor travis wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

i.imgur.com/rj0PgDg.jpg

Cheers Hugbot - I'm sure it's Sue who asks this question each year - she won't need to this year.

Just the various other plot-holes in this episode to deal with now Grin

A bit drastic...but that explaination will do...for the moment Grin
Cold! You don't know the meaning of the word cold!
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of your window!!

Sue's Book Shelf https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z1xg...Zine_Shelf

Rebel Run Video https://youtu.be/8prqS-XZtLo

Brad
Huggy finally explains how Little Sara got Dortmund up on top of that cupboard all by her tiny little self.

i.imgur.com/FuZ0Mn2.png

trevor travis

Brad wrote:

Huggy finally explains how Little Sara got Dortmund up on top of that cupboard all by her tiny little self.

She also won the Shot Putt at the 284NC Space Olympics.
Vote Og.

Lorna
This episode annoys me. It is just sloppy writing. The actors do there best but...
Anyway, I probably wont post much as you might think I am a grumpy so and so!!
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

Brad

trevor travis wrote:

Brad wrote:

She also won the Shot Putt at the 284NC Space Olympics.

Space Olympics. Zero G.... big deal.

i.imgur.com/FuZ0Mn2.png

Brad

Lorna wrote:

This episode annoys me. It is just sloppy writing. The actors do there best but...

the typical mediocre detective story. What an unsolvable mystery! Completely unsolvable except for the one piece of evidence I've had all along, that I only disclose at the very end.

i.imgur.com/FuZ0Mn2.png

littlesue
For some reason, I love this episode. Mr Wonky eye chatting up Cally, Ms Levett eyeing up that rather nice computer expert.
When I first saw this back in 1978, I had no idea that those marks spelled out Sara...maybe that's why in 1979, I named Daughter No 2 Sarah (with an H).
Anyway, with all its faults and gaping plot holes...I love it.
Now to get me tea, choccie (pringle shaped ones) and biccies.
Cold! You don't know the meaning of the word cold!
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of your window!!

Sue's Book Shelf https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z1xg...Zine_Shelf

Rebel Run Video https://youtu.be/8prqS-XZtLo

M1795537OCVirn
Hello everyone, greetings from the green planet. I've never liked murder mysteries, because for the story to make any sense someone has to die, which is so sad... and this one is worse than most in terms of plausibility. Good screaming, though. Second only to Piri.
"You're not sulking, I hope?"

OracVZen

littlesue wrote:

For some reason, I love this episode. Mr Wonky eye chatting up Cally, Ms Levett eyeing up that rather nice computer expert.
When I first saw this back in 1978, I had no idea that those marks spelled out Sara...maybe that's why in 1979, I named Daughter No 2 Sarah (with an H).

Hi littleSue,last week and this week are one of my favourite episodes
I plan to live forever,or die trying.
Maximum Power

OracVZen
Hello onesparepart and M179
Maximum Power

OracVZen

littlesue wrote:

Also Sara is my youngest number 3 , number 2 Daughter
Maximum Power

OracVZen
I love who dunnits
Maximum Power

OneSparePart

Lorna wrote:

Lorna! As if we would think that! Frown you could post a code word for when something really annoys you: you'd get it out of your system and we'd be none the wiser.
Silflay hraka, u embleer rah!

M1795537OCVirn
Hello, OVZ. Can't say I agree with you about the episode, but it gets us another week nearer Servalan reappearing.

OracVZen

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Hello, OVZ. Can't say I agree with you about the episode, but it gets us another week nearer Servalan reappearing.

I know there are plot holes.but when I was 14 I worked out the name Sara when I saw it,funny my daughter is Sara
Maximum Power

Lorna

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

This episode would be improved if she appeared!!
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

M1795537OCVirn

OneSparePart wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Lorna! As if we would think that! Frown you could post a code word for when something really annoys you: you'd get it out of your system and we'd be none the wiser.

Or just say what you think! Let's have some real debate!
Oh, HI, OSP, by the way.

OracVZen
Hello Lorna
Maximum Power

OneSparePart

OracVZen wrote:

Hello onesparepart and M179

As TT woukd say, how're you diddling? Or something like that...

M1795537OCVirn

Lorna wrote:

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

This episode would be improved if she appeared!!

EVERY episode would be improved with a dash of her wit and superior fashion sense.

Lurena
Good evening All!
I'm ready to push that second button from the right which is needed to solve the mystery.
Tea and dark chocolate at the ready.
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories will be back soon at a new website!
click here to see my heartfelt tribute to Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon Forever

Lorna

OneSparePart wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Thanks OSP❤

OracVZen

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

OneSparePart wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Oh, HI, OSP, by the way.

Watch this, join in and debate, my fingers not that quick typing
Maximum Power

Paula
Hello all!
Resist the Host

NerdyTeenGirl
Hello everyone!
The Blake’s 7 section of my blog, where I post fics, art, essays, etcetera.
https://thephantomofcygnus.wordpress..../blakes-7/

https://thephantomofcygnus.wordpress.com/
OneSparePart

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

OneSparePart wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Oh, HI, OSP, by the way.

'Lo M'Virn. How are YOU diddling?

M1795537OCVirn
Have we all had our pancakes today?

OracVZen

Lurena wrote:

Good evening All!
I'm ready to push that second button from the right which is needed to solve the mystery.
Tea and dark chocolate at the ready.

Hello lurena, dark chocolate squares and Assam tea here
Maximum Power

OracVZen

M1795537OCVirn wrote:

Have we all had our pancakes today?

Arrrrr forgot
Maximum Power

OneSparePart

Hello hello. Welcome home!

Lurena
Oh and I'm looking forward to that mysterious sound (is it a chair? is it a... who knows what) that makes Avon jump and hide a giggle.
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories will be back soon at a new website!
click here to see my heartfelt tribute to Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon Forever

OracVZen

Hi needyTeenGirl how have you been?
Maximum Power

M1795537OCVirn
Huggy!!

NerdyTeenGirl

OneSparePart wrote:

Hello hello. Welcome home!

Thank you!
The Blake’s 7 section of my blog, where I post fics, art, essays, etcetera.
https://thephantomofcygnus.wordpress..../blakes-7/

https://thephantomofcygnus.wordpress.com/
Jump to Forum