View Thread
blakes7online » General Forums » Merchandise
 Print Thread
BFI LAUNCH EVENT for the B7 Blu-Ray S1 set - 5 Oct 24
SupremeCommanderDiane
BFI LAUNCH EVENT FOR THE BLAKE’S 7 BLU-RAY S1 BOX SET
Saturday 5th October 2024 at 12.00pm in NFT1

An event not to be missed courtesy of BBC Studios – TWO of the newly remastered episodes - Seek-Locate-Destroy, and Orac will be screened in front of an audience of Blake’s 7 fans and some special guests (TBC)

Tickets go on sale on WEDNESDAY 28TH AUGUST ’24
BFI Patrons can book from 11.00am; BFI Members from 12.00pm and then bookings open to the General Public at 4.00pm

Tickets £17, concessions £14 (BFI Members pay £2 less)

These type of events often sell out pretty much immediately so we recommend you book ASAP. If you know someone who’s a BFI member they can book 4 hours before the general public so worth asking if they’d like to help you with this.

Don’t miss out - click here to book https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/def...698B8B5CFE

This should probably be in the B7 Conventions, events & meet-ups section... I might move it
Edited by SupremeCommanderDiane on 27-08-2024 22:09

EagleTen
That’s awesome! Just shows how incredibly popular B7 is! Just a shame that it’s simply not possible for us more Northern fans to realistically attend, but I’m delighted that the BFI have seen fit to show Blake’s 7 on the BIG screen, for the first time…

What, do you think, are the chances of some cast attendances? Do you know things that you aren’t allowed to say? Smile

SupremeCommanderDiane

EagleTen wrote:

That’s awesome! Just shows how incredibly popular B7 is! Just a shame that it’s simply not possible for us more Northern fans to realistically attend, but I’m delighted that the BFI have seen fit to show Blake’s 7 on the BIG screen, for the first time…

What, do you think, are the chances of some cast attendances? Do you know things that you aren’t allowed to say? Smile

I did know things I wasn't allowed to say (I've had 5th October marked off on my calendar for a little while!) but as far as guest attendances go I assume from what I've been told that it will follow the lines of the Doctor Who related events and include guests but at this moment I don't know who, just that I'm pretty sure there will be some. Wink

Just to correct you though - this will be the SECOND, not the first time of showing Blake's 7 on their (gloriously big) screen. Not to launch anything that time but just a wonderful event in December 2014 in the company of Sally, Jan, Michael & Stephen Greif, plus June Hudson & some other guests. Sadly at that time Gareth & Paul were unwell and unable to attend. I was lucky enough to be sitting next to Stephen during the screening and he was as emotional as I was, seeing the Liberator flying across the screen for the first time - both of us wiping tears from our eyes.

What's wrong with a weekend mini-break in London, EagleTen? Worth thinking about...

EagleTen
You know Diane…a weekend break in London at the beginning of October is actually sounding like a wonderful idea! Smile

And sorry about not being aware of the previous Big screen event! very remiss of me! But that sounded like an incredible time you had! Hopefully this one, 10 years on, will be equally as momentous!

Joe Dredd

EagleTen wrote:

I’m delighted that the BFI have seen fit to show Blake’s 7 on the BIG screen, for the first time…

Well, there was also that time Servalan showed up in glorious Supreme-o-Vision in "Voice from the Past", which I think beats this and Diane's example. Seeing as it won't happen until we reach the third century of the second calendar, however, I suppose it has to be counted as third.

www.framecaplib.com/b7lib/images/voice/voice161.jpg

SupremeCommanderDiane

Joe Dredd wrote:

EagleTen wrote:

I’m delighted that the BFI have seen fit to show Blake’s 7 on the BIG screen, for the first time…

Well, there was also that time Servalan showed up in glorious Supreme-o-Vision in "Voice from the Past", which I think beats this and Diane's example. Seeing as it won't happen until we reach the third century of the second calendar, however, I suppose it has to be counted as third.

www.framecaplib.com/b7lib/images/voice/voice161.jpg

Indeed, though it was just a minute or so rather than 2x 50 minute episodes, and at Wembley Conference Centre rather than the BFI, but our Jacks did look stunning on the Big Screen. I also had the pleasure of seeing Jacqueline on a BFI Big Screen on 10th December 2022 , as part of their salute to the BBC Centenary, s a rare screening of ‘The Precious Things’, a sensual period drama starring Jeremy Brett, Geoffrey Bayldon and Jacqueline Pearce. This BFI Archive version was remastered from an original telerecording from 1967 and she looked amazing, as you'd expect.

I sadly missed their screening of a period drama called Churchill's People (I think) showing the episode featuring Paul Darrow but am told he looked devastatingly handsome on the Big Screen, again as you'd expect!

SupremeCommanderDiane
UPDATE: With 3 hours to go till ticket sales open up (at 4pm, Weds. 28th August) for the General Public I understand that the centre section is almost sold out but still plenty of seats around the side sections. Don't wait too long though if you want to book - they WILL go fast!

EagleTen

SupremeCommanderDiane wrote:

UPDATE: With 3 hours to go till ticket sales open up (at 4pm, Weds. 28th August) for the General Public I understand that the centre section is almost sold out but still plenty of seats around the side sections. Don't wait too long though if you want to book - they WILL go fast!

I am guessing Diane, that you are a BFI member, and that you have your ticket already, probably pride of place, sat in between Sally and Jan!! LOL

It will be a great afternoon! Enjoy yourself...

EagleTen
Well, the BFI Blake’s 7 event looks like it is now officially sold out…

I hope that all of you who got tickets have an amazing time…it should be a fantastic day!

SupremeCommanderDiane

EagleTen wrote:

Well, the BFI Blake’s 7 event looks like it is now officially sold out…

I hope that all of you who got tickets have an amazing time…it should be a fantastic day!

Thanks EagleTen - I'm really looking forward to it, of course.

How many more Horizon members will be there on the day? Do let me know here...

OracVZen
Just seen this,missed outSad
Enjoy yourselves.
I plan to live forever,or die trying.
Maximum Power

OracVZen
If anyone has to cancel,,,I'm here!
Maximum Power

SupremeCommanderDiane

OracVZen wrote:

Aww, bad luck OracVZen - the tickets did (as I predicted) sell out very quickly. Keep checking the BFI page in case further tickets are released or returns come in.

OracVZen

OracVZen wrote:

Aww, bad luck OracVZen - the tickets did (as I predicted) sell out very quickly. Keep checking the BFI page in case further tickets are released or returns come in.

I know and I will check every day.
Thanks
Maximum Power

SupremeCommanderDiane

OracVZen wrote:

OracVZen wrote:

Thanks

Is it just one ticket you're after? Just checking in case anyone comes to me saying they have spares

GillianNorburn
I'm so excited I managed to grab one of the last tickets! Somewhere near the back (I may need oxygen!). Brit SciFi and the BFI on consecutive weekends, and all the new publications from Cult Edge, this is truly an excellent time to be a B7 fan.

SupremeCommanderDiane

GillianNorburn wrote:

I'm so excited I managed to grab one of the last tickets! Somewhere near the back (I may need oxygen!). Brit SciFi and the BFI on consecutive weekends, and all the new publications from Cult Edge, this is truly an excellent time to be a B7 fan.

Well done Gillian. Glad you'll be joining us.

OracVZen

OracVZen wrote:

OracVZen wrote:

Thanks

Is it just one ticket you're after? Just checking in case anyone comes to me saying they have spares

Hi yes just 1 ticket for me.
Maximum Power

OracVZen

GillianNorburn wrote:

Which sci- fi event?
Maximum Power

OracVZen

OracVZen wrote:

OracVZen wrote:

Thanks

Yes 1 ticket and thank you ,I appreciate any help Grin
Maximum Power

Aztecrabbit
Collected my ticket today from the Box Office and picked up a BFI Programme for Sep-Oct at the same time. I note in the back of this there is a note about Standby Tickets as follows:
"A limited number of tickets are available for sold-out shows 30 minutes before each performance. Tickets may be limited to two per visitor." If any Horizon member missed out on the initial release of tickets, it might be worth turning up on the day and trying to get one of these ?

Jump to Forum