View Thread
 Print Thread
Horizon Observatory visit
trevor travis

At least it didn't turn Paula herself into the Welsh Street Sign.
Vote Og.

Lorna

trevor travis wrote:

Lorna has a proddy tool? Grin Grin

GrinGrin
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/pHCXvES.jpg

littlesue

GrinGrinGrin
Cold! You don't know the meaning of the word cold!
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of your window!!

Sue's Book Shelf https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z1xg...Zine_Shelf

Rebel Run Video https://youtu.be/8prqS-XZtLo

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/vECezvF.jpg

littlesue

GrinGrinGrinGrin
Cold! You don't know the meaning of the word cold!
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of your window!!

Sue's Book Shelf https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z1xg...Zine_Shelf

Rebel Run Video https://youtu.be/8prqS-XZtLo

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/HJqgKzr.jpg

Lorna
With all that has been going on the last thing I should receive is a Certificate of Safety!! More likely a Banning Order!!
I look behind me, what do I see? A pair of golden wings seem to be attached to me.

Paula

Hey, one door falls off in flight and all heck breaks loose! What's all the hub-bub for? <grin>
Resist the Host

Hugbot
You will see the (now certified safe) transporter in action again soon. But first, other things are going on in our little Earth habitat on Pluto:

i.imgur.com/R3t2q3U.jpg

Joe Dredd
“Will TT end up mooning over her? Will he be able to face her afterwards?? Aren’t I glad I didn’t forget to get include the word ‘over’ in that first sentence??? STAY TUNED…!”

Hugbot
It might be better to refrain from reading today's episode at breakfast...

i.imgur.com/PcCN64f.jpg

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/5rEUqxy.jpg

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/NZrePz9.jpg

Joe Dredd
Something by the Stones, perhaps?

Hugbot
Now it's time to inspect the interplanetary ketchup tanker that TT bought in episode 361:

i.imgur.com/dS0rbWN.jpg

trevor travis

Hugbot wrote:

Now it's time to inspect the interplanetary ketchup tanker that TT bought in episode 361:

i.imgur.com/dS0rbWN.jpg

Ah, Space Ketchup! Can't have a Space Pizza without it!
Vote Og.

Joe Dredd
I think rather than pouring tomato sauce on anything, you're going to have to chip bits off an enormous tomato sauce iceberg (sauceberg?).

Hugbot

Joe Dredd wrote:

I think rather than pouring tomato sauce on anything, you're going to have to chip bits off an enormous tomato sauce iceberg (sauceberg?).

GrinGrin
Why didn't I think of this?

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/p7ZEhQl.jpg

Lorna

Joe Dredd wrote:

That's a great image!!

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/JiwD1Ua.jpg

Joe Dredd
Now, what I do know is that TT and the team used a tractor beam powered by plotdevicium to make the champagne/Adrenalin & Soma bottle 'fall' in space. That much is obvious.

What I don't know is which which direction the Cat Soup Jar is travelling. (Very B7!) Is the green bubble on the left the viewing dome for the cockpit, or a big thruster? Are the needle-like probes on the right standing at the very front of the ship, or trailing behind?

It would be very Liberator like if it had a green glow at the back and probes at the front. Also, it would fit with the usual "we read left-to-right, so face things right when advancing the plot" idea. The other half of my brain tells me, however, that our rocket is flying to the left, and it was probably matching course with the CSJ while it did the christening run. Result - Joe is confused. (No surprises there.) (Everyone is telling me to stand down for a younger candidate.)

Also, does the design of the CSJ have any significance? Is it a famous craft, or perhaps another special creation from Huggy's childhood?

Hugbot

Joe Dredd wrote:

Now, what I do know is that TT and the team used a tractor beam powered by plotdevicium to make the champagne/Adrenalin & Soma bottle 'fall' in space. That much is obvious.

Sorry, no tractor beam involved. The crew of the rocket just propelled the bottle out of the missile launcher tubes by means of pressurised air. According to Newton's law, it then simply travelled in a straight line towards the tanker. That it tilts a little is due to additional forces induced by eddies in the air stream.

Joe Dredd wrote:

What I don't know is which which direction the Cat Soup Jar is travelling. (Very B7!)

Wait for episode 411, "Departure", to find out.
By the way, ships not having a clearly distinguishable bow and rear go a long way. The first example that springs to mind is the world ship Meteor (the term spaceship had not yet been coined) from the Wilhelminian pulp sf series The Air Pirate and his Dirigible Airship (published c. 1908–1910). Someone on YouTube did a 3D animation of the ship. Unfortunately, he had obviously never read the series but had only seen the drawing that adorned the back jacket of many episodes. He obviously mistook the light cone of the headlight at the bow for the blast of an engine and hence animated Meteor flying backwards, powered by a jet engine that the ship didn't have. It had an antigravity drive, controlled by the large, semicircular magnet at the rear (which is the bow in the animation). Furthermore, the colours in the original drawings are a bit off; hence the ship seems to have a hull made of wood or copper while in the novels, it is clad in platinum.

Joe Dredd wrote:

Also, does the design of the CSJ have any significance? Is it a famous craft, or perhaps another special creation from Huggy's childhood?

Now that you say it, I think it was probably influenced by the Mastodon class salvage and repair ships (old version of the Solar Empire and new version of the League of Free Terrans). (At least I think it was meant to be the Mastodon class; for some reason, the designation is always written 'Mastoden' class, which doesn't make any sense.) I have the suspicion that it also inspired the design of Saratoga in Space: Above and Beyond.
Edited by Hugbot on 15-07-2024 08:38

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/oXCCG87.jpg

Jump to Forum